What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Matty Johns Show: Thursdays @ 7.30pm on 7

Eels Dude

Coach
too many people here are to hard to please...they want an hour long non stop footy talk..please...thats the most boring crap Ive ever heard of. If you dont like it then dont watch it..its like every week this thread has had people posting they wont watch it. Who cares...

This is a public forum and everyone is entitled to their opinion including yourself. But if you don't like that then don't use a public forum because that's why they exist, for people to create discussion and express an opinion you fool.

Slackboy72

Coach
Latest ratings

http://blogs.sunherald.com.au/whoweare/

16 SEVEN'S FOOTY SHOW (Johns in Sydney) Seven 754,000 249,000 (Sydney) 214,000 139,000 (Brisbane) 86,000 66,000

Most interestingly it smashed the Footy show in Sydney (+58k) and Brisbane (+32k).
Channel 7 will deem that a success. Curiously though 214K tuned in in Melbourne. That is definitely a bonus and should be telling any broadcaster that League has a viable audience south of the border.

Eels Dude

Coach
Most interestingly it smashed the Footy show in Sydney (+58k) and Brisbane (+32k).
Channel 7 will deem that a success. Curiously though 214K tuned in in Melbourne. That is definitely a bonus and should be telling any broadcaster that League has a viable audience south of the border.

That's incorrect on both parts.

Firstly, the Channel 7 footy show that airs in Melbourne is an AFL show involving Peter Heliar. That's the show that 214k in Melbourne were watching.

Secondly, while more people watched Matty Johns in Sydney the Footy Show, as they're in different timeslots that's irrelevent. What matters is what show won it's respective timeslot.

Matty Johns finished 3rd in Sydney out of the commercial channels, while The Footy Show won their timeslot.

Fui!!!

Juniors
Overall, Ch 9 footy show is ahead. But the Matty Johns show is doing good.

That's a good thing, because I like it :)

Green Machine

First Grade
I don’t want to give the plot away on next weeks show, but on page 3 of yesterday’s Inner West Courier, Alby Sandlas AKA as Matty Johns is wrestling with the Wests Tigers mascot in the Italian Forum at Leichhardt,

The Tank

Bench
I'm glad the ratings don't seem too bad for both Matty and because it's an "RL" show. But I won't be watching again. I don't mind a bit of fun, even heaps of fun. Matty's format would actually be brilliant if the funny parts were...um... funny.

Brutus

Referee
I'm glad the ratings don't seem too bad for both Matty and because it's an "RL" show. But I won't be watching again. I don't mind a bit of fun, even heaps of fun. Matty's format would actually be brilliant if the funny parts were...um... funny.

That pretty much sums up the whole deal.

Just make it even remotely funny guys and might be a semi-hit.

Otherwise, just talk footy.

Brutus

Referee
Matty Johns finished 3rd in Sydney out of the commercial channels, while The Footy Show won their timeslot.

Yep. That's the key point in all of this.

I can see The Matty Johns show being shifted to later in the night, but it would be a mistake for it to go head-to-head with the Footy Show.

The Footy Show would win easy. However, if Matty Johns could somehow poach DJ Cindee then it might be a different story.

Last edited:

Rockin Ronny

Juniors
Wasn't the idea for the Matty Johns show to be on a later timeslot eventually?

Wasn't the idea for it to be funny? Even mildly entertaining?

I'm waiting for Johns to have a Vizard mug of coffee or a little bald turd to run the band like Letterman.

Notell

Juniors
One thing overlooked as well is Webcke. He has:

(a) failed miserably in living up to his touted potential

(b) failed miserably in providing anything at all remotely close to entertainment OR interest. No matter what you seek from this show, Webcke in no way delivers it

I watch this show for the two good parts:

(1) Paul Kent in Controversy Corner
(2) The highlights from Rex Mossop's Controversy Corner

Fortunately, the utilisation of my video-recorder means that I can now fast-forward to the good 4 minutes of the show.

P.S. For all those saying that the Matty Johns show is supposed to be entertainment, you should urge the moderators then to move this discussion to a non rugby-league forum.

Eels Dude

Coach
Agree on Webke. It's a shame because he comes across as a smart bloke normally. He's wasted on the show in it's current structure. It's sooooo obvious he'd reading off autocue 90% of the time, even with his tips. It's like watching a really bad newsreader.

Meanie

Juniors
They'd do well to ditch the skits tonight. Considering this will be the first footy show on tonight, viewership will be quite high.