What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Matty Johns Show: Thursdays @ 7.30pm on 7

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I thought it was a good show last night.

If they get rid of Jason Stevens it'll be a much better show.

Controversy Corner wasnt that good, needs more of a Ray Hadley, or someone else to fire up a bit. Paul Kent isnt too bad.

Big Mick

Referee
IMO they need to expand the panel to 4.

They need to get Hadley on there more often actually talking footy, and they need to bring in someone like Ettinghausen, Girdler, Ricketson for the ladies.

While the show is named after MJ its too centralised around him, and its stretching him too far to the point I don't find it funny.

Getting a couple of extra people involved, actually expanding CC and having some others doing segments would make the show more enjoyable imo.

sethman75

Juniors
People expecting the show to be an analytical football show need to relax a little bit.

I see this show as an entertainment show that happens to be run by ex-footballers.

When you look at it that way, you will enjoy it much more.

applesauce

Bench
I get how people don't think it is too good but think about it.

All of you will say RL doesn't get decent coverage on FTA rah rah rah. Then go out and bag the show or choose not to watch it. It is on prime time, the least you could do is embrace it (no matter how sh*t).

This is an ATTEMPT by 7 to see how RL can do in prime time and gauge the market, if it fails don't be complaining when there isn't anymore RL shows on 7 for 20years or they decide RL isn't worth investing in next TV deal.

If it sicks around and succeeds maybe they will continue bringing in these kind of shows, giving them a better budget and strengthen the game.

No wonder the AFL gets all the positive news in this country, NRL fans obviously have an addiction to negative thoughts so no wonder the media exploit it.

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://au.promotions.yahoo.com/spor...y-johns-show-heads-to-brisbane-for-origin-ii/

The Matty Johns Show heads to Brisbane for Origin II

The Matty Johns Show is live at Suncorp Piazza tomorrow night for a special Queensland show ahead of the second State of Origin match.

With the Maroons taking the first game of the series, special Controversy Corner guests Chris ‘Choppy’ Close and Steve ‘Blocker’ Roach will be giving their polarising views on the teams. They’ll be debating why NSW captain Kurt Gidley is on the bench and whether Queensland can make it an historic fifth consecutive series wins.

Harry Hardman will be visiting the Maroons camp; while co-host Shane Webcke presents a very special, My Home State. Still in Queensland, Broncos players Corey Parker and Ben Teo will drop into a surprised fan’s home for Home When You’re Away and Don Kirk will visit Nick Kenny.

Webcke will debut a new in studio game, called The Shane Game, with special guests Jo Beth Taylor and Matt Rogers along to play.

Jason Stevens travels to LA to interview the cast of The A-Team, while Chloe Maxwell chats to Socceroos star Harry Kewell ahead of the World Cup.

Guys its named the Matty Johns Show for a reason, its a variety show which has a smidge of Rugby League in there as an after thought.

The Matty Johns Show

7.30pm – 8.30pm Seven
Thursday 10 June 2010

This show has something for the whole family, with special guests, live performances, music and comedy.

-------------------------------------

I dont know why I keep on trying to explain it to you morons who go on with the whole more Hadley or more CC, but you'll just ignore this post and go and post another expansion thread or TV deal thread.

IT IS NOT A FOOTBALL SHOW, HAS NEVER CLAIMED TO BE SO STOP TRYING TO ACT AS IF IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE OR SHOULD BE. IT IS A VARIETY SHOW CONTAINING SOME RUGBY LEAGUE CONTENT.

redvscotty

First Grade
Rugby League on the show was an after thought?

With:

Johns
Webke
Mat Rogers' hot peice (woman, not c**k)
Several league stars each week
Skits about league
skits about z grade celebrity gardeners interviewing league players
short segments about each upcoming game (league, not AFL or yawnion)
Several league identities on CC (which was taken from an old league show)
jason stephens (as painful as he is to watch, listen to, etc..)
several shots of steeden balls in the shows intro package.
fans in the audience wearing league jerseys
is shown prime time in NSW and QLD only (from what I could find)
the webpage has up the top of it a 'NRL latest headlines' box, a poll about mark gasniers return, and is also part of the channel 7's sport section on the website.

i might even throw in there that tonights episode is being held at the suncorp piazza, which is renowned for holding live tapings of the footy show.

yep, definately an after thought.

His a rugby league personality and uses league players and personalities in it, this does not mean that it is a rugby league show.....

I am gonna stop now you dumb f**ks are hurting my head.

redvscotty

First Grade
I just gave you 14 points to reflect on, and you serve up that dribble?

What kind of internet superstar are you anyway?

Rockin Ronny

Juniors
This show has something for the whole family, with special guests, live performances, music and comedy.

-------------------------------------

IT IS NOT A FOOTBALL SHOW, HAS NEVER CLAIMED TO BE SO STOP TRYING TO ACT AS IF IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE OR SHOULD BE. IT IS A VARIETY SHOW CONTAINING SOME RUGBY LEAGUE CONTENT.

OK - let's be straight about this.

He has never had the talent to have his own show. So - it must be a rugby league show.

The show does have something for the whole family - but that's if your the Milat or Manson family.

Matt Johns has comedic talent compared to other rugby league players. Compared to real comedians, he's a doormat.

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
His a rugby league personality and uses league players and personalities in it, this does not mean that it is a rugby league show.....

I am gonna stop now you dumb f**ks are hurting my head.

Mate ive been saying that for ages,

If you guys want hardcore non stop footy talk then dont watch, its not called NRL show, hell it doesnt even have the words Rugby League.

This show is just a variety show, far out. You guys expect everything on tv to be completely based on footy.

Honestly you guys need to know that not every show is catered for your personal needs, yes its great if everyone likes it but this show has a target audience.

Seriously guys here is a question for you all,

What show do you want?

Even the blurb makes no mention of rugby league ffs..... Keep it up nuffies what do you reckon beers in the comp or $1 billion for the TV deal?

innsaneink

Referee
Mate ive been saying that for ages,

If you guys want hardcore non stop footy talk then dont watch, its not called NRL show, hell it doesnt even have the words Rugby League.

This show is just a variety show, far out. You guys expect everything on tv to be completely based on footy.

Honestly you guys need to know that not every show is catered for your personal needs, yes its great if everyone likes it but this show has a target audience.

Seriously guys here is a question for you all,

What show do you want?

I want the Brian Norrie show...would be awesome