What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Matty Johns Show: Thursdays @ 7.30pm on 7

Adsy

Juniors
So I hadn't watched this show in a while.

Do they just pretend no games are played on the weekend now? Cause they sure as hell didnt mention them.

babyg

Juniors
Ahn Do segment was awesome. Is it possible to youtube that.

Yes keep it on every week.

I thought they gave it to cutie enough. The should have asked if he'd leave for 300k.

Chook Norris

First Grade
loved Anh's segment.. funny seeing him get smashed around :lol:

keep the segment.. other clubs to follow, surely.

timka4

Bench
yeh it's still rushed, get rid of Stevens segment, put him on the panel maybe, but don't let him have his own segment. The time should be put towards controversy corner

fourplay

Juniors
So I hadn't watched this show in a while.

Do they just pretend no games are played on the weekend now? Cause they sure as hell didnt mention them.

Who cares? It's not like they ever say anything interesting about the games.

Johns: I tip knights, that should be a good game.

Webke: I'm going with the broncos, I think they will be too strong.

Johns: And now it's time for... Steven the Manchild!

Well I'm not watching the show tonight. I'm not intersted in what Karmichael Hunt has to say.

And this Rugby League show has fallen for the AFL spin hook, line, and sinker. This is exactly what the AFL wants. Although I'm sure this decision has more to do with the Programmers wanting ratings.

Congratulations on your moral crusade! :oops:

nrlnrl

First Grade
yep, can't believe you guys thought this show was going to be the perfect rugby league show - much like a number of people hoping that Channel 7, Channel 10 & ONE HD get the rugby league rights - be careful what you wish for.....

Brutus

Referee
The highlight of last night's show was when there was a sound effect of a cow noise (resembled a fart sound) and Johns said "Pardon you June", referring to the poor old lady sitting opposite him in the Souths jumper.

It was met with zero laughter.

Classy stuff.

Controversy Corner should go for half an hour or be its own one hour show.

Beau Champion in thongs was also a highlight. Very classy.

I am sure Rusty was super proud.

MattJ

Juniors
A lot of players have come on that show wearing thongs, but yeah your right, im sure Russ tore up his contract the second he found out that champion had thongs on :roll:

Mr Saab

Referee
Gee some of you bastards are hard to please.

i thought last nights show was actually quite good.:?

What was good about it? Johns does absolutely nothing i find funny...but then again i have detested the merkin since 1997 so i am biased in the extreme.
IQ is great...fast forward x30....watch the show in 10 minutes (and that 10 mins was Cont Corner...which was lame last night)
The skit they do weekly with the players going into the fans house is boring and embarrising to watch.

Leckie would be crazy to bring this crap back.

forward pass

Coach
The show is getting worst and worst since its first show.

What was good about it? Johns does absolutely nothing i find funny...but then again i have detested the merkin since 1997 so i am biased in the extreme.
IQ is great...fast forward x30....watch the show in 10 minutes (and that 10 mins was Cont Corner...which was lame last night)
The skit they do weekly with the players going into the fans house is boring and embarrising to watch.

Leckie would be crazy to bring this crap back.

Yet you still choose to watch it every week????

And you think Leckie is crazy !

Mr Saab

Referee
Yet you still choose to watch it every week????

And you think Leckie is crazy !

It is a league show so i will watch it...but on IQ so i dont have to sit there thru his moronic garbo skits or demented manly supporter persona.
As i said, i can watch the show in 10 mins via IQ

Brutus

Referee
It is a league show so i will watch it...but on IQ so i dont have to sit there thru his moronic garbo skits or demented manly supporter persona.
As i said, i can watch the show in 10 mins via IQ

I do exactly the same thing with the Footy Show as well.

I am a league fan so I will at least IQ it in the hope of seeing some interesting RL things. It's usually done in 10 mins like you said.

Latest posts