What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The MMA Thread

Jono078

Referee
Card was average, Lombard hurt Shields early then just dry humped him for the last 2 rounds, Sanchez and Jury was ok but Jury did a great job nullifying Diego. Condit vs Woodley was looking like a decent fight till Condit blew his knee and got called off. Lawler and Hendricks was f**ken awesome, both blokes were swinging for the fences, never seen a bloke take so many shots from Hendricks and not go down, likewise never seen a bloke take so many shots from Lawler and not go down
Spot on summation IMO.

I personally would like to see Rory get the next shot. And possible Woodley vs Lombard for #1 contendership.

Mateo Moi Moi

Juniors
Tough to predict who will get the next shot. Woodley, Lawler and Lombard all train at American Top Team. Don't think they would fight each other but I guess stranger things have happened. Thought maybe Ellenberger v Saffiedine could have been an important fight. Ellenberger wins, he pushes for a title shot. I think Woodley needs another top 5 guy before getting a title shot. McDonald vs Woodley maybe. As good as the title fight was yesterday, it was a clear cut decision. Not a huge fan of automatic rematches in that case. Very solid division Welterweight.

MrAnonymous

Bench
I disagree with Welterweight being a strong division, it is easily on par with heavyweight being the worst division in the ufc.

If it was up to me I would have Mcdonald vs Woodley for the next shot. or the other option is a lawler rematch which I don't see happening.

shiznit

Coach
If Nick wants in... Give him McDonald up in Canada.

Id like to see Woodley vs Lombard.

It shouldn't matter that there both from ATT.... As that camp doesn't seem to have as much issue with it as others.

Mark Hunt vs Bigfoot being an example.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Fight whoever joe silva tells you too. f**k this camp loyalty shit when it comes to title shots

Ram Man

Juniors

It shouldn't matter that there both from ATT.... As that camp doesn't seem to have as much issue with it as others.

Im fairly certain that Hunt hasn't fought out of ATT for the last few fights...he has been training out of Oliver MMA in New Zealand and his BJJ coach is Marco "Gigante" Villela who has a few gyms in Sydney and Hunt also does a bit of work out of Bee Stingz Fight team in St Marys...ATT was maybe 18 months ago I think.

shiznit

Coach
Im fairly certain that Hunt hasn't fought out of ATT for the last few fights...he has been training out of Oliver MMA in New Zealand and his BJJ coach is Marco "Gigante" Villela who has a few gyms in Sydney and Hunt also does a bit of work out of Bee Stingz Fight team in St Marys...ATT was maybe 18 months ago I think.
Yeah Mark works with Steve Oliver and Lolo Heimuli in Auckland.

But the last time I heard him interviewed he still considered himself part of ATT.

aqua_duck

Coach

Rory would manhandle Nick IMO

The Cobra

Juniors
As much as I hate the Diaz brothers arrogance & demeanor I would love to see DiazVHendricks.I think with his reach & boxing skills Diaz would punch Hendricks head off.Also if Hendricks realised he had to go to the ground Diaz' BJJ skills may well cause the so -called big rig more than a few problems.By the way beards should be outlawed in all combat sports,you can't tell me they don't cushion punches which land flush on he jaw or chin!!!

shiznit

Coach
Rory would manhandle Nick IMO
I don't think it's straightforward... But I could definitely see Rory dry hump him for 5 rounds...

But Rory does fancy his stand up... If he can't take Nick down... Nick will light him up on the feet.

The other interesting point is Rory's cardio... He has massive question marks over his cardio... He faded badly in his loss to Condit and nearly got finished in the final round against Lawler.

It would be very interesting how Rory handles Nick and the relentless pace he puts on... Especially if it's a 5round main event...

shiznit

Coach
By the way beards should be outlawed in all combat sports,you can't tell me they don't cushion punches which land flush on he jaw or chin!!!

You can't be serious... :lol:

That has to be the most geniused thing I've seen on here in awhile.

You gotta be joking with that one...

aqua_duck

Coach
As much as I hate the Diaz brothers arrogance & demeanor I would love to see DiazVHendricks.I think with his reach & boxing skills Diaz would punch Hendricks head off.Also if Hendricks realised he had to go to the ground Diaz' BJJ skills may well cause the so -called big rig more than a few problems.By the way beards should be outlawed in all combat sports,you can't tell me they don't cushion punches which land flush on he jaw or chin!!!

That's what people were saying when Diaz thought GSP....

MrAnonymous

Bench
It wouldn't surprise me of Nick got a straight up shot, He is the biggest draw in the division atm and it's all about the money with the ufc.

shiznit

Coach
Nick won't get a shot... He hasn't fought for over a year... He's coming off 2 title shots where he lost both of them.

It won't happen...

Ram Man

Juniors
And technically Nick is retired, he is still trying to get his own MMA promotion up and running called WAR MMA.
He apparently told the media at UFC 170 he would return to the UFC only if it was for a title shot...he wont get it.

WYD

Juniors
I was pretty impressed with Lombard to be honest, Shields is a tough fighter but it was clear as day that Lombard was on another level, at no point did I have any concerns for him in that fight.

Shields messed up GSP's face and he was coming off wins against Maia and Woodley. Rogan's McDonald nut hugging is a joke, Lombard should get the title shot.

shiznit

Coach
Lmfao... Lombard is still a fight or 2 away...

He needed to finish shields to put his name in the ring.

If anyone deserves it off recent performances it's Woodley... He just finished Koscheck and Condit... Both guys gave been finished before.

WYD

Juniors
Shields beat Woodley three fights ago, he's also beaten Condit and Lawler.

Condit hurt his knee in a takedown, you have to give Woodley credit for the win but Lombard crushed Shields and was more impressive.

Latest posts