What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The MMA Thread

Mateo Moi Moi

Juniors
Both Woodley (11) and Lombard (12) weren't even top 10 in the division before UFC 171. New rankings has them at 4 and 6 respectively though.

I think McDonald vs Woodley would be the smart option.

I would like to see Lombard have one more, maybe 2 more fights at Welterweight. I personally would love to see Lombard v Dong Hyun Kim.

Diaz wants to fight in the UFC, put him against Lawler.

With Ellenberger v Saffiedine happening and Matt Brown fighting Erick Silva, that is the most of the top 10 sorted. Let them all put an argument forward as to why they get a title shot.

shiznit

Coach
Don't get me wrong.... I love Hector... Mostly from his CFC days.

But he was an average middleweight... And WYD is asking for a title shot after 2 fights at WW... Pretty much off the back of what Jake Shields has done.

Shields beat Lawler back in Strikeforce and Condit way back in Rumble on the Rock. I really don't see how those 2 victories have any bearing on Hector getting a title shot.

Woodley is more deserving than Lombard based on the last 2 guys he beat...

But even then... I'm not sure there is a true number 1 contender at the moment.

I think the division could probably do with a Bigg Rigg surgery which keeps him out for 6-8 months... Just to give division some time to sort itself out.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Don't forget Alves is comin back as well. He'll be hungry as f**k to get amongst it again after 4 surgeries in 2 years. Few fights and he'll be right up there again for sure.

The Cobra

Juniors
You can't be serious... :lol:

That has to be the most geniused thing I've seen on here in awhile.

You gotta be joking with that one...

Seriously if you don't think a beard gives some degree of shock absorbtion,well you are delusional.Any type of cover in exceess of 15mm gives some protection from contact with the jaw.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Seriously if you don't think a beard gives some degree of shock absorbtion,well you are delusional.Any type of cover in exceess of 15mm gives some protection from contact with the jaw.

Always wondered how much of a shock absorber big countrys monster beard is? Dwarfs Johnny's for sure.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
That is one of the main reasons I like him. He's carefree.

Dana probably has never forgiven him for killing the kimbo slice brand before he could make money off it.

aqua_duck

Coach
Only if Nick didn't have his heart in the fight/training camp.

Really don't understand the Diaz nut hugging, bloke hasn't beaten a top guy in god knows how long, got owned by GSP, lost to Condit, only bloke he's beaten lately is washed up BJ fighting like 2 weight divisions above what he should be fight at before that it was 2 so-so guys in Semtex Daley and Cyborg and going further back he had one win one loss against KJ Noons and beat a few guys I've never heard of. Rory on the other hand has taken out some tough guys like Maia, Ellenberger, Mike Pyle, threw Nate Diaz around like a rag doll and was about 5 seconds away from beating Condit as well

WYD

Juniors
Don't get me wrong.... I love Hector... Mostly from his CFC days.

But he was an average middleweight... And WYD is asking for a title shot after 2 fights at WW... Pretty much off the back of what Jake Shields has done.

Shields beat Lawler back in Strikeforce and Condit way back in Rumble on the Rock. I really don't see how those 2 victories have any bearing on Hector getting a title shot.

Woodley is more deserving than Lombard based on the last 2 guys he beat...

But even then... I'm not sure there is a true number 1 contender at the moment.

I think the division could probably do with a Bigg Rigg surgery which keeps him out for 6-8 months... Just to give division some time to sort itself out.
If there's no clear number one contender how is Lombard getting the fight a joke?

He was -200 odds against Shields for a reason.

I don't care about who's more deserving or any of that bullshit, I want to see the best contender get the shot.

And that is Lombard in my opinion.

Who do you thinks a better fighter, Lombard or Woodley?

WYD

Juniors
Really don't understand the Diaz nut hugging, bloke hasn't beaten a top guy in god knows how long, got owned by GSP, lost to Condit, only bloke he's beaten lately is washed up BJ fighting like 2 weight divisions above what he should be fight at before that it was 2 so-so guys in Semtex Daley and Cyborg and going further back he had one win one loss against KJ Noons and beat a few guys I've never heard of. Rory on the other hand has taken out some tough guys like Maia, Ellenberger, Mike Pyle, threw Nate Diaz around like a rag doll and was about 5 seconds away from beating Condit as well
Diaz beat Condit for starters, robbery.

shiznit

Coach
If there's no clear number one contender how is Lombard getting the fight a joke?

He was -200 odds against Shields for a reason.

I don't care about who's more deserving or any of that bullshit, I want to see the best contender get the shot.

And that is Lombard in my opinion.

Who do you thinks a better fighter, Lombard or Woodley?
Woodley... Easily...

Hendricks stylistically is a terrible match up for Lombard.

Lombards biggest weakness is his wrestling... And your putting him in the cage with a 2 time division 1 national champion. And a 3 time finalist.

Lombard won't be able to stop Hendricks from taking him down... And it will end up a replay of Lombard getting dry humped by Okami.

Lombard has the power to hurt him... But the giant hole in his game is Hendricks bread and butter.

At least Woodley has the base to keep the fight standing...

Edit - I just re-read your post... I was talking about the better title fight for Hendricks.

I think Hector is the better fighter... He's just a tailor-made for Hendricks.

Last edited:

Ram Man

Juniors
Diaz beat Condit for starters, robbery.

:lol::lol: Now that is Bullshit!
What fight were you watching, Diaz had no response for anything, to the point where he was whinging at Condit for "throwing spinning shit"

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Just saw Big Rigg is out with a torn a bicep. Looking at 2 months before he can start training again.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Shogun for mine. Hoping for a classic like the first. Pub went batshit for the last fight.

Latest posts