What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The most heartless half of football all season

Karmawave

Bench
Well the first half had nothing on that second half.

When the Eels scored first in the secound half I thought well here we go... But no.

Truly pathetic.

Beaten by 18 points. Just imagine if the Eagles weren't limited to 15 players and had their normal 6 and 7 :lol:

Once again at the end of the game, only Nathan Hindmarsh walks off the field looking like the defeat actually hurt, while your other players hang around laughing and joking with the opposition - there's half your problems right there.

mrblue

Juniors
if you listen to what Gould said about that play he was exactly right, I thought Hayne save a certain try.

He saved 2 certain tries from memory including the hold up effort that I doubt burt would've made in either case. If I hear any J. Hayne bashing for his performance in this match, I know the people who talk out of there ass here.

Bazal

Post Whore
Meters by a winger should be complementary to the cause, not the main contribution.

Seriously why do we have all the forwards for? Manly forwards were going forward 5m after contact with the defensive line. We were going back 5m

Grothe would have missed exactly the tackles Tautai and T-Rex missed, but IMO he'd have scored a couple they didn't. He may miss some tackles, but so do those guys (as good as they are on potential), but he scores some that no one else would

Bazal

Post Whore
He saved 2 certain tries from memory including the hold up effort that I doubt burt would've made in either case. If I hear any J. Hayne bashing for his performance in this match, I know who the people who are talking out of there ass here.

He did no better or worse than Burt. Wasn't he the saviour? :roll:

woddy

Juniors
Meters by a winger should be complementary to the cause, not the main contribution.

Seriously why do we have all the forwards for? Manly forwards were going forward 5m after contact with the defensive line. We were going back 5m
i agree complimentary metres indeed then why r we playing T Williams at wing the same way we used Grothe....both to interchange 2nd row

Stagger eel

Staff member
That was bullsh*t by Gould. Bell clipped his own feet, otherwise he should have scored.

by Hayne running back meant that Bell thought twice about drawing to Menzies, I thought it was a clever move...the ankle tap was more luck than anything else but it still put the ball carrier in 2 minds.

eel01s

Bench
What I want to know is why do we bother re-signing nothing forwards like Oake, Huaraki, etc. etc???

Does anyone have any confidence in these guys for next year? We cannot afford decent players from outside the club, but we re-sign low quality players? WTF!

_goParra

Juniors
Watch the Replay Hayne Ankle Tapped him...

by Hayne running back meant that Bell thought twice about drawing to Menzies, I thought it was a clever move...the ankle tap was more luck than anything else but it still put the ball carrier in 2 minds.

Might have tapped him. TBH I am too angry to care.

Why are we talking about Hayne?
what about the forwards... should I still call them that?

Bazal

Post Whore

The problem was, rather than floating back and keeping an eye on Bell and making him make the decision, he turned and ran away from him, tried to turn around, got confused by Bell and was beaten...the execution was pretty bad

bartman

Immortal
Once again at the end of the game, only Nathan Hindmarsh walks off the field looking like the defeat actually hurt, while your other players hang around laughing and joking with the opposition - there's half your problems right there.
Yep. I feel really sorry for Hindy. :(

I bet a lot of the other guys were already planning which North Shore pub or club they'd be heading out to, instead of really having a deep think about how they might get this team in form for the first time this year. Two wins in a row twice... not much of an achievement given the individual talent in our squad, and this year's version of Tim Smith wasn't going to be the gel that just made it all magically happen either.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I'm serious when I say this, we're in danger of nabbing the spoon this year and very serious danger of getting it next year as well...

Tin Man 4.24

Juniors
I thought the effort was there. It was the execution that let them down. Finchy's 5th tackle mid-field bombs were pretty ordinary. He's actually got quite a good kicking game, so why 'boot it into the air and hope for the best' is the favoured tactic is beyond me. Unless his 'Hail Mary' plays were Finchy's way of getting into the World Youth Day celebrations.

mrblue

Juniors
He did no better or worse than Burt. Wasn't he the saviour? :roll:

He played a lot better than burt would've imo we would've lost by 30 instead of 18. Also why does he have to WIN matches single handed to justify his position? He just needs to be the better No 1. as far as i'm concerned. Also note that I don't think Burt should've been droped from the side, instead I think Tautai should be cut, he just isn't cut out for first grade not with the amount of stupid mistakes he makes.

eeladdick

Juniors
What I want to know is why do we bother re-signing nothing forwards like Oake, Huaraki, etc. etc???

Does anyone have any confidence in these guys for next year? We cannot afford decent players from outside the club, but we re-sign low quality players? WTF!

I have no confidence in this coaching squad at least we had decent juniors coming through but now we have sold them all and have no money and over paid players waiting for the end of season piss up

strider

Post Whore
But he was still beaten and got lucky. And he didn't return it any better than Burt has all year. Why was the change made again?

Inu was great, should have been in the 1 IMO
FFS - that was a fantastic piece of fullback defense from hayne - he bought time - when no help came he did the best he could and he stopped it - an ankle tap is an ankle tap - its called a "tap" cos u only tap him to knock him off balance - but its effective