What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The most heartless half of football all season

Stagger eel

Staff member
The problem was, rather than floating back and keeping an eye on Bell and making him make the decision, he turned and ran away from him, tried to turn around, got confused by Bell and was beaten...the execution was pretty bad

ok..Hayne stands his ground and Menzies is under the post, which result was better???

bartman

Immortal
I'm serious when I say this, we're in danger of nabbing the spoon this year and very serious danger of getting it next year as well...
Even if we don't win another game, I don't think we'll end up with the spoon, based on mathematics and the draw of the other lowly teams etc.

But yes, I'm worried about next year. Very worried that nothing is going to change, and whatever the team/coach/players have been waiting for just won't be forthcoming.

_goParra

Juniors
I STILL think we were f'n way better in the first half than the 2nd :lol: .... seriously!!!!

Yes but we used 7 interchanges in the first half and manly had injuries. We had the chance to put more than 1 try on Manly.

I agree though, the second half was much worse.

Captain BF

Juniors
I don't think Parra played with no heart. I do however think that Parra are carrying a few players who are not up to 1st Grade standard. I think they are Tautai, Lowrie, Hauraki, Oake and it saddens me to say that Cayless, Wags & Riddell are past there best. Did anyone else notice Cayless sucking in massively after being back on the field for only 5 or so minutes after a long break? Thats just not good enough imo.

Bazal

Post Whore
He played a lot better than burt would've imo we would've lost by 30 instead of 18. Also why does he have to WIN matches single handed to justify his position he just needs to be the better No 1. as far as i'm concerned. Also note that I don't think Burt should've been droped from the side instead I think Tautai should be cut, he justisn't cut out for first grade with the amount of stupid mistakes he makes.

Mate, I wasn't expecting him to win the game, but of you read a lot of threads he was pretty much supposed to cure our woes by displacing Burt. Burt was in crap form, so is Hayne, and they would have been as bad as each other tonight....IMO he should have been dropped with Burt. Reddy or Inu to the back, Jono Wright into the backline. Tautai has been terrible lately

fish eel

Immortal
Geeze Bazal, after an effort like that, I think we've got bigger issues than Hayne's play on Bell!

Strangenuts

Juniors
But when they made a bust (Bell) he had no idea and was made to look stupid. Luckily Bell fell over his own feet....he should be back to wing next week, or even to Wenty. He needs a wakeup call IMO

After that comment I now know you don't have a clue. That was a certain try yet Hayne somehow managed to save it. Made Bell go on his own then got an ankle tap, brilliant to anyone who has half an idea. Hayne was at least one positive you could take out of tonight.

woddy

Juniors
I'm serious when I say this, we're in danger of nabbing the spoon this year and very serious danger of getting it next year as well...
The Cows aren't as bad as what we had seen tonight gave the drongos a game on that performance the EELS lose I hate saying that and as usual I'll tip the EELS again

Tin Man 4.24

Juniors
The problem was, rather than floating back and keeping an eye on Bell and making him make the decision, he turned and ran away from him, tried to turn around, got confused by Bell and was beaten...the execution was pretty bad
Mate, you can criticise certain aspects of Haynes performance at fullback, but he read that play nicely. He fooled Bell into thinking that he could make the line himself, even though he had a player unmarked on his right. If anything Bell looked like a bit of a tool for bombing a certain try.

Bazal

Post Whore
ok..Hayne stands his ground and Menzies is under the post, which result was better???

Neither. The result whereby Hayne drifts back and stays with Bell, making him make a call without having to turn himself back around to face him. I'm not knocking the idea...but the execution was horrible and we were lucky in the end

Stagger eel

Staff member
Even if we don't win another game, I don't think we'll end up with the spoon, based on mathematics and the draw of the other lowly teams etc.

But yes, I'm worried about next year. Very worried that nothing is going to change, and whatever the team/coach/players have been waiting for just won't be forthcoming.

I think the cowboys will not only beat us on friday night but they'll have another 4 to 5 wins left in them as for us????.......

Bazal

Post Whore
Geeze Bazal, after an effort like that, I think we've got bigger issues than Hayne's play on Bell!

I agree mate, just responding to responses tbh. Our forwards are sh*t, we need either Brod Wright or Latimore or both, and Galuvao to replace Wagon or Weller.

Dutchy

Immortal
tinman.jpg

strider

Post Whore
Baz - deadset mate - u r clutching as a massive amount of straws .... that had try written all over it in MANY ways - I have no idea how Hayne managed to stop them, but his actions did .... ffs give a bit of f'n credit when it is due

eeladdick

Juniors
Baz - deadset mate - u r clutching as a massive amount of straws .... that had try written all over it in MANY ways - I have no idea how Hayne managed to stop them, but his actions did .... ffs give a bit of f'n credit when it is due

i think you are all looking at something trival rather then the whole game , i mean was that real the reason we lost the game..

Bazal

Post Whore

He was lucky, do you deny Bell beat him? I'd rather not rely on ankle taps to save tries to be perfectly honest....

No forwards means no go forward means no points means no wins means no semis means no premiership, means we suck big time.

fish eel

Immortal
I agree mate, just responding to responses tbh. Our forwards are sh*t, we need either Brod Wright or Latimore or both, and Galuvao to replace Wagon or Weller.

Wellar has been very disappointing.

I made the point in another thread...the try by the hooker, it was an arm grab by Wellar that gave them that good run to get in try scoring position. Wellar was then one of the defenders beaten by whathisname the hooker. A double whammy. People diss Lowrie, but FMD, some of wellar's stuff has been dreadful and he has gone under the radar in terms of baggings on this forum.