What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The most heartless half of football all season

Y2Eel

First Grade
He was lucky, do you deny Bell beat him? I'd rather not rely on ankle taps to save tries to be perfectly honest....

So Hayne goes and attacks Bell all he has to do is Pass to Menzies... He holds back and makes Bell do all the work... Unlucky for Hayne he fell over when he turned to chase but lucky enough to get a hit on his ankle...

He made a few nice reads on our line in defence better then burt has this year..

Bazal

Post Whore
Wellar has been very disappointing.

I made the point in another thread...the try by the hooker, it was an arm grab by Wellar that gave them that good run to get in try scoring position. Wellar was then one of the defenders beaten by whathisname the hooker. A double whammy. People diss Lowrie, but FMD, some of wellar's stuff has been dreadful and he has gone under the radar in terms of baggings on this forum.

I think Weller is symptomatic of the attitude at the club. Last year he ripped in, and even at the start of this year. But with no fear of being dropped he's become lazy and disinterested, he's missed easy tackles, conceded dumb penalties and dropped simple ball (often in crucial position). Never mind the fact that at once stage we had Oake and Weller in the front row tonight...

strider

Post Whore
He was lucky, do you deny Bell beat him? I'd rather not rely on ankle taps to save tries to be perfectly honest....
abso-f**kin-lutely I deny bell beat him - had he beaten him it would have been a try :lol: ...... fact is he bought enough time to force bell to run around him - made the ankle tap and by then other parra players had time to drop back and mop up ..... great fullback play - if billy slater had done it ppl would be ejaculating over it :crazy:

Gronk

Staff member
FMD we need to put a broom through the joint.

We got no props and it took T-Rex 65 minutes before he came it to look for the ball or take a DH run !

From this side, TT, T-Rex, Weller and Hagan. :arrow:

Bazal

Post Whore
So Hayne goes and attacks Bell all he has to do is Pass to Menzies... He holds back and makes Bell do all the work... Unlucky for Hayne he fell over when he turned to chase but lucky enough to get a hit on his ankle...

He made a few nice reads on our line in defence better then burt has this year..

Bazal said:
Neither. (i'd rather) The result whereby Hayne drifts back and stays with Bell, making him make a call without having to turn himself back around to face him. I'm not knocking the idea...but the execution was horrible and we were lucky in the end

I think that 2nd Half performance is the most disapointing since the 1st half performance against the Cowboys the first time around.

Delboy

First Grade
Actually Hayne was one of our better players. The wingers are not up yo it, Weller and oake are not at the moment either.

Finch had a shocker and when he couldn't dominate jeff Robson, who couldn't mak first grade with us 6 years ago, well that in itself tells you how he went.

About time for some honesty, we suck and the coach swallows

cirque

Juniors
We were pathetic in the second half. It is terrible. I think I havent' seen parra playing so badly in my life inspite knowing if we loose we are pretty much out of the comp. Something has to come out of it... I mean...
I am out of my words...Serioisuly we have ingrained a loosing attitude in our culture. Shocking..
If coming years somebody do not revive our club we are pretty much done and dusted.

richo74

Juniors
Wellar has been very disappointing.

I made the point in another thread...the try by the hooker, it was an arm grab by Wellar that gave them that good run to get in try scoring position. Wellar was then one of the defenders beaten by whathisname the hooker. A double whammy. People diss Lowrie, but FMD, some of wellar's stuff has been dreadful and he has gone under the radar in terms of baggings on this forum.

i think you will find that he gave away a penalty that put manly in good field position to start with as well

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Actually Hayne was one of our better players. The wingers are not up yo it, Weller and oake are not at the moment either.

Finch had a shocker and when he couldn't dominate jeff Robson, who couldn't mak first grade with us 6 years ago, well that in itself tells you how he went.

About time for some honesty, we suck and the coach swallows

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: - love tha last comment

hybrideel

Bench
the problem is our forwards as everyone knows but what do you do? Drop cayless, weller, tood, oake, wagon? who do we replace those with? as all are playing as bad as the others it isn't fair to drop one and not the others so which ones do you?
I think we need to get rid of the coach and all his support staff including these supposed guru trainers we have. We look like the fattest, most unfit team in the league

compared to the talent we have, this is the worst season our club has had in the 28 years I've been following them, sure we sucked in the '90's but we had no talent in our squad, now we have origin and test players and suck worse and our coach says and i quote " I think we are going ok "
What sh*t is he on?

Bazal

Post Whore
the problem is our forwards as everyone knows but what do you do? Drop cayless, weller, tood, oake, wagon? who do we replace those with? as all are playing as bad as the others it isn't fair to drop one and not the others so which ones do you?
I think we need to get rid of the coach and all his support staff including these supposed guru trainers we have. We look like the fattest, most unfit team in the league

8-Cayless
9-Keating
10-Cordoba
11-Hindmarsh
12-Galuvao
13-Robinson

14-Riddell
15-Moi Moi
16-Broderick Wright
17-Latimore

Hindy and Chad play 80 mins, as can Keating. Use Riddell as a running backrower rotating with Joey, and the number of props means we always have a fresh frontrower.

salvy71

Juniors
But when they made a bust (Bell) he had no idea and was made to look stupid. Luckily Bell fell over his own feet....he should be back to wing next week, or even to Wenty. He needs a wakeup call IMO

Are you kidding ? He saved a certain try - stopped Bell from simply drawing and passing to Menzies for an easy try .....then ankle tapped him and got him to ground .

it's clear to me that the coach doesn't give a f**k.
so where do we go from here?
sack hagan promote Rip Taylor for the rest of the season?
keep hagan and just put up with crap games for the rest of the season?
or blow up the PDRLC offices and hope Hagan and fitzy are both there?

Delboy

First Grade
Baz, there are more agendas on here than in the United nations, but one I can't agree with is Hayne's performance.

Did much better than his predecessor and saved a couple of tries and tried to be aggressive when the ball was in the air.

We have some big issues, not the least is the coaching and recruitment , and motivation.

I will continue to say the coach should fall on his sword after what we have seen the past month