What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The most heartless half of football all season

lucablight

First Grade
He saved 2 certain tries from memory including the hold up effort that I doubt burt would've made in either case. If I hear any J. Hayne bashing for his performance in this match, I know the people who talk out of there ass here.

Well said.

lucablight

First Grade
I wonder if the Parramatta goal line defence of sliding across the field and going backwards is part of their training ?

Aww man that annoys me so much! If someone is coming at you at full speed towards your goal line and you're walking backwards what do they think is going to happen?

mave

Coach
At least Hayne did an alright job at fullback..

We need Grothe Back to help make the yards..

As a Manly fan at the game,,,,, Hayne defended well but was sorely out of position on numerous occasions. Most kicks hit the turf and until the 78th minute Hayne did nothing. Burt > Hayne everyday imho.

benoir91

Juniors
As a Manly fan at the game,,,,, Hayne defended well but was sorely out of position on numerous occasions. Most kicks hit the turf and until the 78th minute Hayne did nothing. Burt > Hayne everyday imho.

burt is a good player, but not in the same league as hayne
hayne has played 5 origins and 1 test, burt 0 and 0
hayne is 20 burt is 27
saying burt > hayne is stupid

mave

Coach
Sorry, should have been clearer. Burt over Hayne at fullback.

Hayne doesn't get involved enough on the wing, doesn't have the footy smarts for fullback (yet). Needs to play centre for sure.

I am also thinking for NSW next year because Hayne will be almost the first bloke picked. No Gaz (thank f*ck) = more Hayne.

mave

Coach
Watched it. I see that you guys really miss Tahu, and Hayne's form this year is a shadow of last years. On that video, Hayne was carving it up from fullback, centre and wing. What happened?

yy_cheng

Coach
If you watched that we missed Tahu and Tim Smith.

Tim's game was so Sterlo like, it was uncanny. Sterlo knew how to use his outside men and so did tim.

Same short kicking game and same step.

V1er

Juniors
I noticed that with the game still in the balance and we were still a slim chance with 15 to go, Finch had made a tackle to take a manly player over the sidelines and watching on tv, we didn’t seem in a hurry to pack the scrum down.

forward pass

Coach
Hayne returned the ball like a girl until the 80th minute when he made an ok run. He was no better at 1 than he has been anywhere else.

But when they made a bust (Bell) he had no idea and was made to look stupid. Luckily Bell fell over his own feet....he should be back to wing next week, or even to Wenty. He needs a wakeup call IMO

Looked like he barely clipped him...might have been enough to stop him, but the fact is he was still beaten all ends up

But he was still beaten and got lucky. And he didn't return it any better than Burt has all year. Why was the change made again?

Inu was great, should have been in the 1 IMO

The problem was, rather than floating back and keeping an eye on Bell and making him make the decision, he turned and ran away from him, tried to turn around, got confused by Bell and was beaten...the execution was pretty bad

Neither. The result whereby Hayne drifts back and stays with Bell, making him make a call without having to turn himself back around to face him. I'm not knocking the idea...but the execution was horrible and we were lucky in the end

He was lucky, do you deny Bell beat him? I'd rather not rely on ankle taps to save tries to be perfectly honest....

LOL.

So you reckon it's a good thing for a fullback to turn his back on the attacking player, then turn around and try and tackle him? Or is it simply the fact that I'm the one who posted it? Here's a thought, how about you f**k off and play some footy. If I'm attacking and the bloke turns his back, it's all over. Hayne got lucky IMO, I couldn't give a sh*t if you agree or not because, quite frankly, you've shown yourself as a contrary f**k and a waste of breath.

Because Hayne got lucky. You want to rely on a f**king ankle tap to stop tries, go for it. Just the kind of mediocrity and fortune that Parra fans accept as brilliance

That is some of the funniest sh*t I have ever read in this forum.

fmd. He saves a dead set try and you're still not happy. Seems like nothing short of throwing him over the sideline would have made this a great play in your eyes. You are geeing us up aren't you?

forward pass

Coach
ok - now u can all start bitching about no effort :lol: .... altho I've gotta say shayne f'n hayne ain't helping our cause

That stripping call against Reddy was a huuuge call. And it was very very costly. We were on the attack - next thing Manly are in - twice.

fmd - the refs are cruelling us the last two weeks. Not blaming them - but they certainly aren't helping our cause. I still think we would have beaten the bunnies if those 2 tries had been called back.

The Colonel

Immortal
Hayne had a very good game in attack. Needed to involve himself more than what he did but you can't fault the effort he put in when he did.

I was disappointed with his kick returns. There were times he was pushed back after a bit of a skip and there was little in terms of leg drive. He did make one good return later in the game but he needs to do that on every return.

He saved at least two tries but he was also caught out of position on a number of occassions as well. The Matai try was ordinary defence........ he hung back to far.

His attempts at a couple of highballs were heart in the mouth stuff as well.

I have been a big critic on his lack of involvement. He increased that on Friday night but that still has to improve again this week if he holds the role.

Kick Returns - 5/10
Defense - 6/10
Attack - 7.5/10
Involvement - 6/10 (I would have given him 3/10 for recent weeks and even Matt Johns said he needed to get involved a lot more druing the telecast).

Overall 6.5/10 - most of our players outside of Hindmarsh and Moimoi would have been luck to score 6.

fish eel

Immortal
Hayne had a very good game in attack. Needed to involve himself more than what he did but you can't fault the effort he put in when he did.

I was disappointed with his kick returns. There were times he was pushed back after a bit of a skip and there was little in terms of leg drive. He did make one good return later in the game but he needs to do that on every return.

He saved at least two tries but he was also caught out of position on a number of occassions as well. The Matai try was ordinary defence........ he hung back to far.

His attempts at a couple of highballs were heart in the mouth stuff as well.

I have been a big critic on his lack of involvement. He increased that on Friday night but that still has to improve again this week if he holds the role.

Kick Returns - 5/10
Defense - 6/10
Attack - 7.5/10
Involvement - 6/10 (I would have given him 3/10 for recent weeks and even Matt Johns said he needed to get involved a lot more druing the telecast).

Overall 6.5/10 - most of our players outside of Hindmarsh and Moimoi would have been luck to score 6.

Is that the one where there was a three on one? Matai had a few guys in support....seemed Hayne wanted to wait as late as possible to commit and Matai played it perfectly, and Hayne simply ran out of time and space.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Hayne did two decent things in the game. The stop on Bell and the run at the end. But those aside he was less effective than Burt has been.

Snoz

Juniors
I thought we've been much worse in recent weeks.

I wish Manly could take T Williams from tonight onwards. I was away for a while so missed his rise to stardom, and by the time I first saw him, he'd already signed for Manly.....geeeesh he must've been very good at the start of this season and last season. I've given him 6 weeks to show what he can do.....Manly paid overs for an inexperienced Manu Vatuvai. T Williams = No big loss at all based on the last 2 months of footy.

you watch how good he goes once Des gets hold of him - his problem is not getting involved enough.