What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Mouth blasts 'racist' NSW

Stagger eel

Staff member
you know who the big loser in all this is? it's good ole Danny Weirdler...he's be absolutely filthy at his mate for not scooping him of this story, no more dinners at Boxa cafe for the Weirdler family me thinks...

smeghead

Bench
This is just sad for many reasons.

Funny to see Paul Kent actually call him on the correlation with his fights being announced and him mouthing off about racism in Rugby league.

Great choice by Souths it seems having this guy being a welfare officer to their Aboriginal players. Top example and can't wait until his teachings are bought to bear later on

The Preacher

First Grade
smeghead said:
This is just sad for many reasons.

Funny to see Paul Kent actually call him on the correlation with his fights being announced and him mouthing off about racism in Rugby league.

Great choice by Souths it seems having this guy being a welfare officer to their Aboriginal players. Top example and can't wait until his teachings are bought to bear later on

Souths would be really impressed about MUNDANE sending any kid with promise up to Qld. Great for building up the Souths playing stocks isn't it ???
Find them, mentor them, then send them to Bananaland! Smart, real smart !!! :roll:

Pierced Soul

First Grade
i respect him as an athlete but he's a deadset goose. everytime he says soemthing more stupid i just shake my head and wonder what he'll come up with next.

there's no real point trying to justify things with him cos he doesnt listen. i'm actually surprised he hasnt claimed racism when he's lost boxing matches

innsaneink

Referee
Nothing but a racist himself, yet doesnt have the balls to point the finger at any individual...just a state.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
typical stupid headline, I saw the interview

he didn't "blast" NSW RL

in any case, he would be better to keep his mouth shut, sounds to me like he is still dirty for not being picked himself

and moving to Qld doesn't qualify anyone to play for them, he still hasn't works out how SOO works yet

Pierced Soul

First Grade
Twizzle said:
and moving to Qld doesn't qualify anyone to play for them, he still hasn't works out how SOO works yet

I remember when he moved o the broncos he was quoted somewhere as saying he felt he'd get a chance to wear the 6 for the maroons and take on daley at rep level

coolumsharkie

Referee
If I was of Aboriginal decent I wouldn't want that goose as a spokesman for me.

Isn't the racist usually the one who fires off the first shot?

Which he does constantly.

Prodigiousman

Juniors
(for those people who kept up to date with his latest Daley stoush)

Don't worry about Mundine saying anything about Rugby League - because the 'Man' himself said just the other week that nobody knows about the game and because its not recognised in Perth (the exact town he used) its not 'world class'.

So nobody important in the world (ie. the USA) will hear about this - so Mundine is fine to say what he wants because apparently no one is listening anyway.

I'm sure Laurie Daley isn't - after all he's got premiership rings stuck in his ears.

hrundi99

First Grade
coolumsharkie said:
If I was of Aboriginal decent I wouldn't want that goose as a spokesman for me.

Isn't the racist usually the one who fires off the first shot?

Which he does constantly.

Often enough...

As they say, "if you smelt it, you dealt it".

Prodigiousman

Juniors
And another thing - I wonder if Souths will bother saying anything about the comments - given he's part of their setup.

Personally I think the best thing they could do is say nothing and not even link themselves to this outburst.

Because the moment they say anything it'll either mean they'll be labeled as on Mundine's side or turning on one of their own - whereas if they say nothing - this will go away just like Mundine hopefully will.

sharko

Juniors
Australia remains a very conservative and in many ways a prejudiced country.
Many people are judged poorly in this country if they are not white and of anglo-saxon heritage.
It was not long ago that we had a white Australia policy and our current government has gleefully adopted elements of that policy and then tapped into the policy and shame that was One Nation and have used it to maintain thir power base.
The last decade has been a total disgrace for Aboriginal health and rights in general.
NSW as the largest and most powerful State in Australia is responsible for some gross negligence in relation to our indigenous folk.
It is remarkable that all the racists and bigots come out of their holes when they are correctly identified as such and react with much indignation and then abuse.
This country still has a fair way to go in its treatment of our indigenous folk and those who are not the same colour as us!
I have no doubt there are bigots in league and in the administration of league..they just take great offence when it is pointed out to them!

ozbash

Referee
Many people are judged poorly in this country if they are not white and of anglo-saxon heritage.
It was not long ago that we had a white Australia policy and our current government has gleefully adopted elements of that policy and then tapped into the policy and shame that was One Nation and have used it to maintain thir power base.

exactly and proof of that prejudiced conservatism is plainly evident in 99% of the posts in this thread.

I personally think Mundine is on the right track and publicising the shame that is the NSWRL is only a positive..

Yeah, I'm with Sharko and Ozbash, let's stop kidding ourselves and just do what we really want to do, keep the Aboriginals down via Rugby League and that militantly racist organisation, the NSWRL.

Let's stop rooting around and not pick any Aboriginals. Or for that matter, let's not pick anyone who isn't white, Anglo Saxon and Christian.

We could change the name to "Springbok Rugby League" in honour of the people who invented that system of selection.

You muppets.

300px-Tms-muppets-cast.jpg

Surely

Post Whore
sharko said:
The last decade has been a total disgrace for Aboriginal health and rights in general.
NSW as the largest and most powerful State in Australia is responsible for some gross negligence in relation to our indigenous folk.
It is remarkable that all the racists and bigots come out of their holes when they are correctly identified as such and react with much indignation and then abuse.
This country still has a fair way to go in its treatment of our indigenous folk and those who are not the same colour as us!
I have no doubt there are bigots in league and in the administration of league..they just take great offence when it is pointed out to them!

Yep thats right and no one ever pulls out the old race/religion / sexual preference card if something doesnt go their way.

I was taught as a kid that if you wanted something you had to work for it, not sit back and hope someone would give it to.

simon says

First Grade
I agree that unfortunately we live in a scoiety that does have issues as far as colour goes.

BUT......surely the footy is one of the few places where people are actually judged on their abilty rather than their milky whiteness???

If this is true,and I believe it to be so,then Mundine has a lot to answer for,its the worst example of racism he can find and makes the whole cause look ridiculous and like it doesnt really exist.

I understand Mundine's sentiments,but he has shot an arrow into the worst possible target.

Surely

Post Whore
Mundine would be one of the biggest racists in this country, it's like the pot calling the kettle, ummmmm black.

Danish

Referee
Anthony Mundine is Rugby League's equivalent of genital herpes...

We innocently picked up thinking he was something he is not, once we found out we got rid of him, but now the festering scab just keeps coming back with no relief in site.

If Holmes A Court is truly a smart man and not just a boy playing with daddy's money, he will sack Mundine. Like it has been mentioned already, how can ou have a man heading a channel of your junior development advising players to move elsewhere?

ozbash said:
exactly and proof of that prejudiced conservatism is plainly evident in 99% of the posts in this thread.

:roll:

So if someone disagrees that an organisation is racist or prejudiced then they are clearly racist and prejudiced themselves? What pathetic, dangerous reasoning. Are you a moderator or a troll?

ozbash said:
I personally think Mundine is on the right track and publicising the shame that is the NSWRL is only a positive..

How about some facts to prove that the NSWRL is a shameful, racist organisation?