What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The name keeps getting louder SHAUN JOHNSON

Father Ted

First Grade
Hahaha father Ted I'm just an old dragons tragic with a few mates in the organization.

Mate as any relevant information filters down from the top I like to share it with the rest of the tragics out there.
Wether it be right or wrong people like to know.

Is you're top the Steelers or the Saints ? Wonderful if you're right , but if it's a cashed up bidding war we don't do well in those as you would be aware.. And you're right we LOVE to KNOW..lol

Father Ted

First Grade
Dragons to eat huble pie?
The St George Illawarra Dragons have a strained relationship with player manager Sam Ayoub, ever since his man Jamie Soward was dumped from first grade and shipped off to England. And they are desperately hoping that bad experience doesn't harm their chances of retaining schoolboy star Jackson Hastings, the best young half-back in the game. Hastings is also managed by Ayoub, whose clients include elite players Johnathan Thurston and Robbie Farah. Hastings will make a decision between the Dragons and his father Kevin’s old club the Roosters at the end of this week.

Johnson choice for Warriors
The Warriors won't be releasing classy halfback Shaun Johnson to the Panthers anytime soon… but Ivan Cleary's interest in the talented number seven is certain to earn him a pay rise. The Panthers were prepared to offer Johnson up to $600,000 to come on board - and that's more than three times what Johnson is on at the Warriors. As a result, the Kiwi club will be giving the youngster a pay rise soon - or risk having a very disgruntled playmaker calling the shots! Still on the Warriors and the club is getting closer to finally announcing the signing of English superstar Sam Tomkins. The brilliant fullback has agreed to terms but there is a hold-up with the Warriors and Wigan still negotiating a release fee.

http://www.sportal.com.au/league-news-display/the-lurkernrl-rumour-filemonday-243769

I have read on this forum that the board must approve all player signings, and that it significantly slows down the recruitment process, potentially the reason why we miss out.

firstly is this true?

Is this normal at other Clubs, or is it recently implemented only at Dragons ?

Is it for the purpose of financial monitoring or other ?

Does anyone really know?

....Grateful for responses

Father Ted

First Grade
I have read on this forum that the board must approve all player signings, and that it significantly slows down the recruitment process, potentially the reason why we miss out.

firstly is this true?

Yes

Is this normal at other Clubs, or is it recently implemented only at Dragons ?

I believe Saints have done it this way since "Nugan Hand". ( I think thats what it was called) Or so I have heard . But this is unconfirmed.

Is it for the purpose of financial monitoring or other ?

Dunno

Does anyone really know?

The Club

....Grateful for responses

BennyV

Referee
You do like to answer you're own questions Benny. By then Hastings will be what 19 or 20 and be first grade ready imo and we'd get 10 years out of him. But he's leaving so the point is ? And the way some here are talking about Johnson well he can walk across the tasman to us if he wants to come.. My question back to you is Do you really, really think we are going to get Johnson given that we take forever to get it done and then pay unders ? Steelman are you Possm in disguise mate ?C'mon..

I reckon we are in with a decent chance of getting Johnson, but he will cost us (same way that Hastings will cost us in the future)...all I'm saying is that Johnson is already out there carving sides up, and I would definitely take that over the chance that Hastings will be just as good

TheRev

Coach
Sort of doesnt make sense though, unless you consider Williams as the Plan B if Johnson falls through, which is smart after the Cronk Fiasco.. however at 300k a year, its an expensive body on the bench.

Im also curious if Widdop's injury weighs into any decisions.. I really dont think it can, if he takes a bit longer to recover I think Quinlan/Harry/Kyle/Hastings are the 4 in line to partner Williams.

64 Dragon

Coach
Johnson is still under contract at the Warriors. If we are going to get a gun half make it now. Who knows what will be happening here in a couple of years.