What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

the new Pride of the League

Juju

Juniors
Its hilarious. When souths were successful back in the very, very, very distant past - they used to travel to Auckland and be beaten by Auckland clubs sides.
Pride of the league.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Any fan if given a choice between their team surviving and another team surviving will hope it is theirs.

You're the one wanting us dead when it has no affect on your team.

You complete and utter hypocrite. It was never a choice between one club or the other. Souths cried victim and then when their quickest route to getting what they wanted popped up they abandoned their supposed moral high ground to try and do the same thing to another club. There's no pride in that.

"It's not fair, we don't deserve to be kicked out, it's not right! But wait, do it to them instead, that's somehow fair."

Show me a single post where I said I wanted Souths dead. I didn't want Souths kicked out to begin with, I thought it was wrong when they were kicked out. Then they turned around and decided to mount an attack on my club getting kicked out instead and I said f**k em.

I don't care enough about Souths to actively put energy into wanting them dead.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
it's worth noting that Souths were dubbed the pride of the league after their undefeated premiership year of 1925, picking up their 5th premiership.

At the end of 1925, Balmain had won more premierships and had also had an undefeated season.

At the end of 1925 the Undefeated Souths went and played the Undefeated Toowoomba side, and lost.

That Toowoomba side also defeated Victoria, New South Wales, England and New Zealand over in 1924 and 1925.

So Souths weren't the best team in Australia, even historically in 1925, at best they were third.

Therefore, They were never the pride of the league to the entire league loving public, only amongst Souths fans.

Dumb tag.

Justafan

Juniors
Why would anyone care about a self-bestowed title? I don't see fans from any other club calling Souths the 'pride of the league'.

If they want the title so badly let them have it... I don't really care because in the end the self-imposed title is meaningless as how can it have any meaning to a club that has not won anything since 1971. Since that time, 11 other clubs have won the premiership (many of them numerous and under different games) whilst the Bunnies have never made it to a Grand Final!

So let them have the stupid title. It gives something for the other fans to laugh at.

ram raid

Bench

No, souffs fans actually believe that their decrepit club is the jewel in the crown in not only the NRL but in all sport in the known universe. This was obviously proven wrong when they were rightly kicked out of the comp and it will be proven again when they get the boot someday soon.

If that's the case then I can understand why you guys hate them so much.

I don't think they're gonna get kicked out again though now. Their memberships are good, crowds are good, Russell Crowe, and the NRL would be afraid to try kick them out again.

You might as well just stand back and enjoy the rags to riches story unfolding like me.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Why would anyone care about a self-bestowed title? I don't see fans from any other club calling Souths the 'pride of the league'.

If they want the title so badly let them have it... I don't really care because in the end the self-imposed title is meaningless as how can it have any meaning to a club that has not won anything since 1971. Since that time, 11 other clubs have won the premiership (many of them numerous and under different games) whilst the Bunnies have never made it to a Grand Final!

So let them have the stupid title. It gives something for the other fans to laugh at.

it wasn't self bestowed.

A journalist in 1925 gave them the title.

ram raid

Bench

If they want the title so badly let them have it... I don't really care because in the end the self-imposed title is meaningless as how can it have any meaning to a club that has not won anything since 1971..

This.

It all smacks of insecure pettiness to me.

Hate them if you want, but Souths are good for the game. We need teams like Souths to market our game.

If Souths won a premiership it would be a marketing win for rugby league. It's a "people game" after all, and what we need is all the toothless alcoholics getting excited about it.

That's why I kidna cheer for Souths most of the time even though I'm not a supporter, per se.

BunniesMan

Immortal
it's worth noting that Souths were dubbed the pride of the league after their undefeated premiership year of 1925, picking up their 5th premiership.

At the end of 1925, Balmain had won more premierships and had also had an undefeated season.

At the end of 1925 the Undefeated Souths went and played the Undefeated Toowoomba side, and lost.

That Toowoomba side also defeated Victoria, New South Wales, England and New Zealand over in 1924 and 1925.

So Souths weren't the best team in Australia, even historically in 1925, at best they were third.

Therefore, They were never the pride of the league to the entire league loving public, only amongst Souths fans.

Dumb tag.

So much stupid in 1 post.

1. Do you know what "the league" means. We were the pride of the league we played in. What was happening in Toowoomba or anywhere else was irrelevant. We weren't called the pride of the entire bloody world.
2. Souths were clearly better than Balmain in 1925.

Juju

Juniors

1. Do you know what "the league" means. We were the pride of the league we played in. What was happening in Toowoomba or anywhere else was irrelevant. We weren't called the pride of the entire bloody world.
Souths aren't pride of the NRL then. (Pride of the NRL spoons maybe)

Better title may be "self proclaimed - pride of the NSWRL comp"

The arrogance...:lol::lol::lol: for what, the most wins since 2012. :lol:

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member

So the side was good in one season, replicating a feat already achieved by another team in the same League, albeit a decade later and playing less games, and that makes them the pride of the league.

lol.

enjoy your title numbnuts.

It's not really a big title when there's a million stipulations added to it to make it just.

BunniesMan

Immortal
The pride of the league storms into the top 4! And that's without a bye. We're back where we belong.

And rugby league is officially going well again because we're going well.

Swarzey

Bench
It's funny how Bunniesman inadvertently trolls people so well but his attempts to do so on purpose are woeful. :lol:

Chook

First Grade
Idiot trolls on here have no idea what the pride of the league means. You don't get it after a bit of form. You get it for decade after decade of greatness.

And we've been one of the most consistent teams of the last 3 years and we were great in 1908. And we've had ups and downs in between but 106 years of history is what makes us the pride of the league. We're special. We're not like just any other club. We're more than a club.

100% agree and you prove it regularly.

Chook.