What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The news every Roosters fan has been waiting for...

melon.... said:
Idiot, my support has never been questioned you f**king moron.

Yes, it has -- it's been questioned by me.

Brett Finch may not be the greatest player ever to play the game, but nor is he the worst -- I've seen far worse players in the red, white and blue, but none of them seem to incur the same level of vitriol that I hear from the anti-Finch brigade, who masquerade as Roosters "supporters".

Just remember, I don't want to hear boo out of you next year when we start winning with Finch in the 7.

melon....

Coach
Renowned League Expert said:
Yes, it has -- it's been questioned by me.

Brett Finch may not be the greatest player ever to play the game, but nor is he the worst -- I've seen far worse players in the red, white and blue, but none of them seem to incur the same level of vitriol that I hear from the anti-Finch brigade, who masquerade as Roosters "supporters".

Just remember, I don't want to hear boo out of you next year when we start winning with Finch in the 7.
I cant see the Jets winning anything with Da Finchy in teh 7.

Im gonna start crowing now...YOU- ARE- A- MORON- DOODLE-DO!

And Im 1000 times the supporter you hope to be. Keep trying though, the club needs hangers on.

Pantherjim.

Referee
Gee, you really know your football, Jim!

Yes, well... I follow a different team entirely you see RLE.

I can't exactly recall who played half for the Roosters in 2002. It was kinda 3 years ago.

melon....

Coach
Pantherjim. said:
Yes, well... I follow a different team entirely you see RLE.

I can't exactly recall who played half for the Roosters in 2002. It was kinda 3 years ago.
Dont worry about that nuffy Jimbo...he has the audacity to suggest you dont know football, and he reckons Finch is good....now tell me who doesnt know football????

melon.... said:
And Im 1000 times the supporter you hope to be. Keep trying though, the club needs hangers on.

I've been a fan for 30 years. Better a "hanger-on" than a "let's-find-a-scapegoat-and-let-go-as-soon-as-we-start-losing".

melon.... said:
Dont worry about that nuffy Jimbo...he has the audacity to suggest you dont know football, and he reckons Finch is good....now tell me who doesnt know football????

But you see, you still don't get it. I don't think Finch is "good". Whether he's good, bad or somewhere in between, is quite beside the point. The point being -- he's playing in our colours so he deserves our support, or at least the support of genuine fans.

It seems you don't even have any conception of what being a supporter means.

Pantherjim.

Referee
melon.... said:

Oh I'm not worried mate. Water off a duck's back. If he want's to live on with the dellusion that Finch is a good half, he can knock himself out! :lol:

I'm more worried about his people skills and ego. I admit my General Knowledge of the game could be better, but if he treats new fans to the game who come on this forum with the sarcastic arrogance that he just treated me with, I feel sorry for him.

Pantherjim.

Pantherjim. said:
Oh I'm not worried mate. Water off a duck's back. If he want's to live on with the dellusion that Finch is a good half, he can knock himself out! :lol:

I'm more worried about his people skills and ego. I admit my General Knowledge of the game could be better, but if he treats new fans to the game who come on this forum with the sarcastic arrogance that he just treated me with, I feel sorry for him.

Pantherjim.

The thing is, you're not a new member -- you've got a 1000 posts to your name.

Pantherjim.

Referee
The thing is, you're not a new member -- you've got a 1000 posts to your name.

What, so that means I'm expected to know every player and what position they played in every club 3... 5, oh what the hell, let's go for 10 years ago.

Can you honestly say that I could pick a club within the last 10 years and ask you to recite without hesitation who played in what position in any given year?

melon....

Coach
Pantherjim. said:
Pity. Maybe Anasta is your answer then. I think a halves/hooker combo of the following would go O.K. Ricky should try it out during the pre-season trials:

6. Anasta
7. Wing.

9. Webb/Lestrange.

PennyJim,

Webb is gorn to Souths. We need Wing as a fulltime hooker. He is brilliant and I feel if he is utilised correctly and takes more of the kicking options, we will be better off.

Stranger is a star of the future and will be good off the bench.

Easts need to take some risks. The obvious risk is to play Soward or the gun Fleggy half they got from Saints Luke Stewart. Youth with half a football brain is better than a stale failure like Finch.

Pantherjim.

Referee
melon.... said:
PennyJim,

Webb is gorn to Souths. We need Wing as a fulltime hooker. He is brilliant and I feel if he is utilised correctly and takes more of the kicking options, we will be better off.

Stranger is a star of the future and will be good off the bench.

Easts need to take some risks. The obvious risk is to play Soward or the gun Fleggy half they got from Saints Luke Stewart. Youth with half a football brain is better than a stale failure like Finch.

That's right, forgot about Webb being bought by Souths. Wing is brilliant at hooker, no doubt. However, I reckon once Le'strange gets his eye in, he could step up and trial a few games at starting hooker just to see how he goes. That could open up a few possibilities for you guys. For now, however, I say trial Jamie Soward at No 7. with Anasta at 5/8.

Anyone but Finch!