What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The NRL radio rights thread

Brutus

Referee
Looks like Gallop is going to throw the radio rights wide open for 2013...about 7 yrs too late. Good one Gallop :roll:

He hasn't got News LTD telling him what to do in that regard anymore.

It also said he will demand that Saturday night 7.30pm games be broadcast. Gee Dave, you all of a sudden care about this??? It just goes to show he was a News puppet in the past.

I really hope they say to 2GB - you can call games, but there will be other stations calling games too. I you don't like it, f**k off!!!

2GB's demographic is old fogies and toothless bogans anyway. They shouldn't have sole AM commercial rights.

Triple M needs should be calling games in another timeslot on top of their Monday night coverage, while I've heard 2UE are keen to get back into the game as well. Give 2SM Monday night calls to service their wide-ranging network. If they offer a shit coverage then people will have the option of listening to the 2UE/ABC call or Triple Ms.

Last edited:

M2D2

Bench
Ive purchased one of those sport ears because of the lack of saturday 7:30 coverage and as cronulla always gets saturday 7:30 games, i kind of need it.
I would have no problem not taking them and going back to my pocket AM radio for games.
Always listen to ABC. 2GB is f**king awwwwful.

Mr Saab

Referee
2UE is bringing back sports today from MArch 5. Bad news is that Rebecca Wilson will be on the show. Why why why

2UE is bringing back sports today from MArch 5. Bad news is that Rebecca Wilson will be on the show. Why why why

I just read this also.

talk about bitersweet!

It's going to be hosted by gibbsy , brandy , tim webster & spade face.

At least they realised their error in cutting it in the first place.

I'll listen in , but if wilson gets too much time i'll quickly tune out.

Brutus

Referee
Did I just hear Andrew Moore say that 2GB will be calling a game in the 7.30pm slot every week this season?

If true, it's amazing what these previously slack media partners will do when a bit of heat is applied. Is it a case of the NRL having no balls and the ARLC having a pair?

IanG

Coach
Yes but it's not going to all network stations. KO-FM aren't taking it so I'll have to switch to the ABC.

I also can't stand the idea of the Second game on a Friday Night can't be on radio.

Last edited:

Brutus

Referee
How bad was 4BC's form last night in Brisbane.

Supposedly the big RL station up there and no coverage of the Broncos match.

Noa

First Grade
Did I just hear Andrew Moore say that 2GB will be calling a game in the 7.30pm slot every week this season?

If true, it's amazing what these previously slack media partners will do when a bit of heat is applied. Is it a case of the NRL having no balls and the ARLC having a pair?

That is seriously f**ked up and shows what a conflicted, nutless, spinless puppet Gallop has been the past too many years.

No doubt 2ue has done what theyve done with the sports show because they sniffed the wind as well.

Going to be awesome once the game gets the all-round coverage it deserves

So 2GB have had the rights for what 12 years and only now do they bother to consider the fact there is more than one game on a Saturday is important?

IanG

Coach
How bad was 4BC's form last night in Brisbane.

Supposedly the big RL station up there and no coverage of the Broncos match.

Especially as it seems to be Broncos this Broncos that in Brisbane. Heard them talk about it through the day.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee

Yeah, in Wollongong I98 FM are taking the continuous call team games for the first time today, started at 5:30 and they said both game will be called.

I think they'll have Friday and Sunday games as well, not sure about all the jibber jabber beforehand though, but that's a blessing.

Mr Saab

Referee
The Panfers and Storm are playing and 2GB would rather be talking about everything but football...currently talking about 2 up. WTF!
"Independent" commision will no doubt reward them with an exclusive 4 yr deal

n
The Panfers and Storm are playing and 2GB would rather be talking about everything but football...currently talking about 2 up. WTF!
"Independent" commision will no doubt reward them with an exclusive 4 yr deal

Lets hope not,they are an utter embarrasment

I know that today's Storm-Panthers game is on an earlier time than usual for a Saturday game, but surely 2GB can cover this game.

Btw, what is happening tonight's 5.30/7.30pm games? 2GB are the Olympics radio holders. Are they covering League or the Olympics?