What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The NRL radio rights thread

They don't all need to call the same game - that is the whole point. With two to three games each day of the weekend, even if there are 6 stations calling the games, the idea is that two stations would do each game, not all of them at the same game.

Tiger_Tim

Juniors
Maybe GB have been listening....with no 5.30 game tomorrow, they're staying on until 10pm and will be calling Tigers v Penrith

Brutus

Referee
Maybe GB have been listening....with no 5.30 game tomorrow, they're staying on until 10pm and will be calling Tigers v Penrith

Would be an absolute disgrace if they didn't do that.

I know what you mean though, they've done this before when there's been no 5.30pm game (just talked crap for 6 hours then come game time ta ta).

I thinking the other day it wasn't that long ago when all stations were barred from calling Friday night games even when matches were delayed at 8.30pm.

f**k we've allowed TV stations to run over the top of us in the past.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Sorry to bump, but I cant seem to find any info anywhere else.

Im currently in Goulburn, is there any way of listening to Monday night footy here? Triple M dont broadcast out here (or I cant pick it up).

Any help would be great guys.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Nope, cant get it in Goulburn. A place of 250K people plus cant listen to Monday night football.

f**k the NRL.

Nick Walshaw joins Darryll Brohman, Bob Fulton, Steve Roach and Andrew Moore in the 2GB radio box at the footy

689976-nick-walshaw.jpg

Mayhem: Nick Walshaw with the 2GB Continuous Call Team. Picture: Brett Costello Source: The Daily Telegraph

ONLY 90 seconds into the afternoon and one of our game's greatest is displaying his underarm hair.

"There ... there," shouts Immortal Bob Fulton, his pit centimetres from the face of Darryl Brohman. "Have a good look at that Big Marn! What's wrong with that?"
Apparently nothing if you go by the reaction of Blocker Roach, who immediately thrusts his arm into the air too. Then caller Andrew Moore.
Each man producing a pit to show Brohman how his own dark, somewhat uncultivated, scrub should not be poking so, err, uncontrollably from a singlet in that latest Lowes commercial.
At which point, of course, the Queensland Origin retiree begins a defence of said old growth forest.
"Hang on, hang on," Fulton interrupts. "We'll let you dribble on in a minute ... "
And so begins six of the funniest hours outside a Blackadder box set.
This institution known universally as the 2GB Continuous Call team discussing everything from underarm hair, prawn crackers and Sonia Kruger to how long it takes a bull to service 40 cows.
They debate the origins of that nickname "Nobby". An ugly growth on Blocker's left hand. One caller even phoning to explain how, when determining the acceptable age limit for dating younger women, you need simply halve your age then add eight years.
"So at 100 I can still get a 58-year-old," Brohman muses. "Hmmmmmmm."
Somewhere in all this, you'll also find the formula to Sydney's most successful radio show. A phenomenon that has Blocker and Bozo signing autographs from the booth. Premier Barry O'Farrell following Big Marn on Twitter.
And when Ray Hadley heads this team up on Saturday arvos ... well, then they command a record 20 per cent of the Sydney audience.
"There's a kid sits out in front of this radio box, a Roosters fan who would be 14, maybe 15," Fulton says. "We've been watching him come to games with dad since he was a baby."
Yep, for 25 years league fans have been tuning in to what Roach calls "league's version of Seinfeld".
Where Moore now interprets the games and callers range from comedian Wendy Harmer to a Sydney bus driver, Carol, who at 56 wants more traffic to her RSVP profile "Aussie blonde".
There's Roach doing his Sergeant Schultz impersonation. Fulton growling like a panther. Somewhere in between, Brohman passing me a handwritten note that says Memo Nick: These other three are dickheads.
And when they do finally go to a commercial break, their debate over the lazy Susan complete, Fulton leans back, folds both arms and suggests their afternoon may have finally hit rock bottom.
"Oh, Robbie, we've still got an hour to go," Brohman interjects, his headphones still in place. "We can get much lower than this."

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...on-in-radio-land/story-fn7r8y8x-1226060689291

Absolutely speechless at this garbage.

Brutus

Referee
Nick Walshaw joins Darryll Brohman, Bob Fulton, Steve Roach and Andrew Moore in the 2GB radio box at the footy

689976-nick-walshaw.jpg

Mayhem: Nick Walshaw with the 2GB Continuous Call Team. Picture: Brett Costello Source: The Daily Telegraph

ONLY 90 seconds into the afternoon and one of our game's greatest is displaying his underarm hair.

"There ... there," shouts Immortal Bob Fulton, his pit centimetres from the face of Darryl Brohman. "Have a good look at that Big Marn! What's wrong with that?"
Apparently nothing if you go by the reaction of Blocker Roach, who immediately thrusts his arm into the air too. Then caller Andrew Moore.
Each man producing a pit to show Brohman how his own dark, somewhat uncultivated, scrub should not be poking so, err, uncontrollably from a singlet in that latest Lowes commercial.
At which point, of course, the Queensland Origin retiree begins a defence of said old growth forest.
"Hang on, hang on," Fulton interrupts. "We'll let you dribble on in a minute ... "
And so begins six of the funniest hours outside a Blackadder box set.
This institution known universally as the 2GB Continuous Call team discussing everything from underarm hair, prawn crackers and Sonia Kruger to how long it takes a bull to service 40 cows.
They debate the origins of that nickname "Nobby". An ugly growth on Blocker's left hand. One caller even phoning to explain how, when determining the acceptable age limit for dating younger women, you need simply halve your age then add eight years.
"So at 100 I can still get a 58-year-old," Brohman muses. "Hmmmmmmm."
Somewhere in all this, you'll also find the formula to Sydney's most successful radio show. A phenomenon that has Blocker and Bozo signing autographs from the booth. Premier Barry O'Farrell following Big Marn on Twitter.
And when Ray Hadley heads this team up on Saturday arvos ... well, then they command a record 20 per cent of the Sydney audience.
"There's a kid sits out in front of this radio box, a Roosters fan who would be 14, maybe 15," Fulton says. "We've been watching him come to games with dad since he was a baby."
Yep, for 25 years league fans have been tuning in to what Roach calls "league's version of Seinfeld".
Where Moore now interprets the games and callers range from comedian Wendy Harmer to a Sydney bus driver, Carol, who at 56 wants more traffic to her RSVP profile "Aussie blonde".
There's Roach doing his Sergeant Schultz impersonation. Fulton growling like a panther. Somewhere in between, Brohman passing me a handwritten note that says Memo Nick: These other three are dickheads.
And when they do finally go to a commercial break, their debate over the lazy Susan complete, Fulton leans back, folds both arms and suggests their afternoon may have finally hit rock bottom.
"Oh, Robbie, we've still got an hour to go," Brohman interjects, his headphones still in place. "We can get much lower than this."

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...on-in-radio-land/story-fn7r8y8x-1226060689291

Absolutely speechless at this garbage.

The show for non-RL fans.

Thank you Mr Gallop for providing a range of options for RL fans.

Saturdays are just great for AFL in Sydney radio-wise. Vlad thanks Mr Gallop very much.

Rockin Ronny

Juniors
What cringeworthy rubbish. Fulton and Hadley - 2 greater turds you will never find.

I flicked onto channel 9 last night when Gould/bennett were on a panel talking some good stuff about Origin. Hadley was there - no idea why - and contributed sweet FA except self-focussed crap like 'that was the game I did my first call'. you could see the contempt the other guys had for him.

Brutus

Referee
What cringeworthy rubbish. Fulton and Hadley - 2 greater turds you will never find.

I flicked onto channel 9 last night when Gould/bennett were on a panel talking some good stuff about Origin. Hadley was there - no idea why - and contributed sweet FA except self-focussed crap like 'that was the game I did my first call'. you could see the contempt the other guys had for him.

Why was Hadley even considered for a panel like that?

He has about as much passion for the game these days as a dead camel.

Out of his depth in a massive way.

I switched over for 5 minutes - saw Fordham and Hadley and turned off. I felt sorry for Bennett - he was actually good but had to contend with Hadley who offered nothing.

It would have been better with Bennett and Lewis, Johns and Gould and a moderator like Andrew Voss. Fordham..........seriously..........

bradman

Juniors
I switched on the radio yesterday and one of those annoying AFL shows that ruin my Saturdays was on. Anyway Warwick Capper was being interviewed about the Suns AFL team, and they asked him if hed been to any footy games lately and he replied along the lines of " I went to a Swans game a while ago and the Broncos Storm match and the state of origin the other night and that was great" The ALF commentaters sort of gaged and changed subject. I had a bit of a chuckle.

I switched on the radio yesterday and one of those annoying AFL shows that ruin my Saturdays was on. Anyway Warwick Capper was being interviewed about the Suns AFL team, and they asked him if hed been to any footy games lately and he replied along the lines of " I went to a Swans game a while ago and the Broncos Storm match and the state of origin the other night and that was great" The ALF commentaters sort of gaged and changed subject. I had a bit of a chuckle.

So you are the one listener the show has :?

Green Machine

First Grade
http://m.smh.com.au/opinion/society-and-culture/shock-jock-put-in-his-place-20110917-1kevm.html

AT SOME point, some time soon, someone will have to make a hard decision about 2UE. Nine months into the experiment to push the station to the hard right and turn it into a 2GB mini-me, it is simply not working. The latest radio ratings, for example, show that 2GB has rarely been stronger, with a 15.6 audience share, and 2UE rarely, if ever, weaker on 6.0. And David Oldfield, the former One Nation underling touted as the new John Laws? I'm pleased to say that rather than being first, as Laws used to be, he is appropriately languishing in eighth position. That he is even that high amazes me. I repeat: this is not working, it was never going to work and the kind of ''journalism'' that Oldfield puts out should never have been under the Fairfax banner in the first place. Indeed, the only 2UE presenters turning in reasonable figures are those long-time identities who represent the station the way it used to be: John Stanley, Stuart Bocking, George and Paul, and Murray Olds.