What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The nrl standard this year?

Aragorn

First Grade
better or worst?

lots of injuries to several teams, no shoulder charge rule, no punching rule, some very ordinary/ dubious refeerring.

Souths leading the comp?!!

definitely worst.

Fire

First Grade
The belief that "when souffs are doing well, Rugby League is doing well" can officially be dispelled.

No shoulder charge.

No fighting.

Shit reffing.

The wrestle is still here.

The only good thing to have happened is NSW reclaiming the State of Origin title.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
worse. it's actually been a pretty bad year in terms of quality - from the performance of teams to the officiating

my team (broncos) have been shit, but there's a lot of other teams who are going shit or who arent in the contest. I used to watch every game cos even though one team might be on top the other would make an effort. now it seems for most teams once the opposition gets ahead by a winning margin you just put the cue in the rack.

I hate to say it but the refs are actually going backwards. might still be a lingering effect from the harrigan/raper combo but they're all pretty shit. in the past we usually had at least 1 or 2 who were seen as decent

blukablu

Juniors
The standard of play has definitely dropped a lot this year. I used to watch every game every round or close to it. This year I rarely watch any other games other then my team.

Aragorn

First Grade
there's been no ben barba, billy slater, jarrod hyane or benji marshall wow moments this season. the big hits have dried up......

thank god for SBW.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Video replay doing away with botd has been a big improvement.

Seems less close games this year and some teams are consistently dire in their performances. First time in ages I didn't bother watching Monday night football as I saw the eels were playing and the result was predictable.

I hope they don't use it as a reason to push expansion even further back but I feel they will. The ARL needs to get stuff happening around increasing the jnr pool and reserve grade improvements.

Fire

First Grade
Video replay doing away with botd has been a big improvement.

That "rule change" is the biggest myth of all.

The ref goes 'T' or 'X', but it still goes upstairs, and plenty of decisions get reversed or f**ked up.

Don't believe the spin the NRL and media feed you.

firechild

First Grade
Unfortunately Parra continue to drag down the average. TBH, noone besides Souffs and the Chooks have been consistently good. Some good games here and there but a lot of utter rubbish helped along by the likes of Parra, Wests and Stains consistently as well as NZ, GC, Brisbane and Penrith on occasion. Officiating has been as bad as ever, if not worse. I find myself paying less and less attention as I watch games not involving my team.

mongoose

Coach
no different to any other season.

fans of teams down the bottom of the later will complain, fans of teams near the top of the ladder won't. same shit different season

legend

Coach
The standard has been terrible this year. I find the game utterly boring at the moment. Best half I have seen was from Carney and Fifita last week. The rest has been crap!

The Director

Juniors
Am a bunnies fan (note I said FAN, did NOT say I'm a bunniesman).

But it's clear to me that the quality across the comp is lower than previously. Souths as they play now would not be anywhere near the top 2,3 in the comp based on the past 3-5 years quality.

gronkathon

First Grade
Pretty poor all around.

Over the last couple of years the third party cap deals have been manipulated by the teams with more $$ and a better front office.

There is the next wave of talent starting to hit though so it will balance itself

Red Bear

Referee
Roosters, Souths and, at times, Melbourne and Manly have shown class. Titans, Penrif, and Canberra have been exciting at times as well, ditto the Warriors. Newcastle and Canterbury inconsistent but have some good games.

I've enjoyed it. Quality is good.

Sir Biffo

Bench
According to the media, Shitchell Pus is one of the best halves this season.

Souths are leading.

Tim Gilbert is commentating games.

I think Don Tweddle would have an impact this year it's been that bad.