What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Olympics Thread

Gronk

Staff member
Just watched highlights of Switzerland & Gabon in the football.

A Swiss merkin got sent off for diving.

#goodstuff

Eels Dude

Coach
The Olympics has started has it... Didn't realise Rugby League was an olympic sport.

#BeAnAussieCallItSoccer

Gronk

Staff member
To get into the Olympic Park in London, your public transport drops you at a transport hub, where you then need to enter the precinct by walking through a Westfields.

#oioioi

Canada looked good, a little casual.

Germany were funny - the men had blue jackets, the women had pink. Just in case you couldn't tell them apart.........and I didnt think blue and pink were the colours of Germany

strider

Post Whore
omg they are only up to M ... i've done all the cleaning since australia and they r only now at M :crazy:

Gronk

Staff member
We have a table tennis player called Miao Miao (pron meow). I'm guessing she's related to the cat lady from the Simpsons.

Crazycatlady.jpg

Tony Bongo

Bench
The first world record of the games has fallen to a legally blind archer from South Korea Dong Hyun. WOW

bartman

Immortal
He broke his own world record, but can't see enough to read a newspaper - fantastic! :thumn:

Eels Dude

Coach
I took archery lessons once and was given an eye patch for my right eye and told to squint with the left because apparently it narrows down your focal point and achieve better accuracy so perhaps poor eyesight benefitted him in this case. Well done to him regardless, living a life like that cannot be easy so its great to see someone get such a rewarding achievement.

Suitman

Post Whore
I liked the way the Poms even had a good laugh at themselves. Rowan Atkinson was hilarious. How about Queenie parachuting into the stadium. Didn't think she had it in her.

Suity