What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The pact between Shaun Johnson & Andrew Webster.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Tigers tossing $650,000 a year for 2 years at him

I still say an extremely long shot, but does the Benji factor give them any sort of sniff ?

nswarrior

Juniors
$650k isn’t exactly big money. I am sure we will be able to come close enough to keep him.
I have never seen SJ smile so much while playing. He is enjoying his footy and it shows in how he is playing. We are winning and likely to improve next year.

I think he will extend in the next month.

Reactions: CWC

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
The reason SJ is playing well is that he's in NZ and his family is happy. Same for CNK. I can't see SJ moving away to another club.
Plus Webster creating a positive team environment. Sure he could potentially get a little more at the Tigers but he’ll likely end his career on a mediocre note and that’ll affect his post footy future prospects. Going out on top at the warriors as a club legend will make him a super marketable prospect for a media career.
Two more seasons and he might even crack the 300 club, would be a great way to go out.

Campion

Juniors
Plus Webster creating a positive team environment. Sure he could potentially get a little more at the Tigers but he’ll likely end his career on a mediocre note and that’ll affect his post footy future prospects. Going out on top at the warriors as a club legend will make him a super marketable prospect for a media career.
Two more seasons and he might even crack the 300 club, would be a great way to go out.
This is a great point. I’d love to see SJ doing the NZ league shows/opinions post career. Just to know his insights would be great

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
This is a great point. I’d love to see SJ doing the NZ league shows/opinions post career. Just to know his insights would be great
You’d think a media career would be a no brainer for SJ, he’s photogenic and has pretty much always fronted the media for the club on game days so he’s well practiced at it already.

Blair

Coach
Let's have Johnson's career finish the way it started, in finals, with the Warriors.

CWC

Juniors
Ya he’s just getting an offer to gauge his market value to work out his baseline and the deal with the Warriors.

Now Warriors will probably pay him $600k a year and maybe some sister companies of One NZ can get him to do a couple of commercials/sponsorships to match Tiger’s offer. Plus moving house, rent/buy, new car…really a lot easier to just stay in the comfort of your own home as long as Warriors don’t lowball him. 600K for a local legendary half in career top form is cheap as

CWC

Juniors
You’d think a media career would be a no brainer for SJ, he’s photogenic and has pretty much always fronted the media for the club on game days so he’s well practiced at it already.

Laura and the girls would be blushing in the studio when he starts working there 😂 One of them was going red when asked about CNK’s smile last week lol

nswarrior

Juniors
SJ has turned down the Tigers as expected. Let’s get him signed so there are no distractions and go for a top 4 finish