What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Ratings Game - Sports Illustrated.

I'm also a big boxing fan and just spent over an hour carefully reading this whole page, and enjoyed it very much.

As for the arguement of the Greatest Heavyweight Boxing Champ of all time, here is my selection ;
<table cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 width="90%" bgcolor=white border=0> <tbody> <tr> <td align=left></td> <td valign=top> <table cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 width="100%" border=0> <tbody> <tr> <td align=middle>
muhammadali.jpg
</td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table>

I believe he was the greatest.

imported_Outlaw

Juniors
I had a close friend who's a member here recommend this community to me a few days ago. After getting home from work a couple of hours ago, I decided to read through some threads seeing I'm off for the next few days.

This boxing thread along with quite a few others has convinced me to become a part of this forum, in the hope that I can learn more about the wide world of sporting topics covered here.

To all the people who posted on this thread, you're all incredibly knowledgeable and it was a pleasure and then some to read.

Well done to all and good nite.

O

ozbash

great to see you here ,outlaw.
this thread would have to be the best boxing thread i,ve read...anywhere.

imported_Jackal

Juniors
Spot on ozbash.

I use to be a member on the Boxing Forum of the old format Seconds-Out.com and never read a boxing disscusion of this quality.

That's the beauty about this Forum though. People don't BS and brag about how much they know about a topic or disscusion .....until the time arrises. When the time arrises, like it did on this thread, the intelligence and level of knowledge of many members here is overly impressive.

I learnt more about boxing and boxers reading this disscusion, then speaking with anyone in person or watching any fight or boxing documentary. No BS.

I'm not ashamed to say that I've read over this thread more than once or twice.

I agree with what Outlaw finished his post with. Welcome from me also Outlaw.

imported_Jackal

Juniors
Just quickly ..

I probably shouldn't single people out here, but I'd like to in this instance.

Thanks to El Duque, Cryptic Messenger and Bender for their contributions here. Their postings on this thread were of very high to excellentstandard .. without taking anything away from anyone else that posted also.

C

CanadianSteve

I thought I'd bring this thread back up. It was, I believe, the one that started the boxing discussions of a year ago, before <u>In Praise of the Greatest</u> became longer and more well-known. If anyone re-reads it, I can't remember why Cryptic Messenger deleted the original post and all his others in this thread. I thought it was someone else who did that in the other boxing thread. Can anyone fill me in?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
CS: "I can't remember why Cryptic Messenger deleted the original post and all his others in this thread. I thought it was someone else who did that in the other boxing thread. Can anyone fill me in?"

Cryptic Messenger followed Warlock's lead and scarpered the forum, deleting all his own posts in the process. Not having done anything like that myself, I'm not exactly sure what they do but it wasa deliberate action on the part of Cryptic Messenger.

Its a shame because he made some top shelf contributionswhich a lot of people enjoyed reading. He and Gav had a blue over god knows what and I can only imagine that thatC.M. deleted the posts to make a point of some sort.

Anyway mate, thanks for bumping this back up. It was certainly well received in it's day.

C

CanadianSteve

Yes, it was Warlock I was thinking of. I didn't know CM had done the same. Too bad. I thought he'd been posting recently, am I wrong?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Unfortunately you're wrong. CM shot through like aBondi Tram. Very disappointing.

El Duque

Bench
Was nothing special. Leija did ok till he got worn down.

Cannel 7 have a replay on tonight at 10:30pm.

How did Green go?

I didn't get near a tele last night, i heard that Green knocked him out in the first though. Didn't Mayo go the distance with Green? Sounds like GReen/Mundine may be an interesting match if it ever happens

Cheers,
Moffo

Latest posts