What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Really Early NSW Team 2012 Thread That Will Be Hated By All!!!

Yosh

Coach
Personally, I would play Gallen at prop again with Galloway in the alternate jersey. Keeping Birdy in the front-row and playing the bench rotation of the above. Could even drop Gidley for another player with the depth we have in Lewis can shift Lewis to the needed position, get Bird to go Lock and bring another bench player to cover the front-row.

Do you mean Gallen?

timka4

Bench
Very nice team Dragon2010, but if I was too have Gordon on the wing I'd drop Jennings and put Lawrence in my centres.
Don't know if I'd put Hayne in the left or right centres though.
I'd take out Gidley as well, move Bird to the bench and start B Scott.
I think I'd prefer 3 club props in the team, but Gallen is as good as any prop and it also leaves more room for creative backrowers. such as Lewis, Stewart, Bird etc.

Dragon2010

First Grade
Very nice team Dragon2010, but if I was too have Gordon on the wing I'd drop Jennings and put Lawrence in my centres.
Don't know if I'd put Hayne in the left or right centres though.
I'd take out Gidley as well, move Bird to the bench and start B Scott.
I think I'd prefer 3 club props in the team, but Gallen is as good as any prop and it also leaves more room for creative backrowers. such as Lewis, Stewart, Bird etc.

Cheers mate, Yeah I think I have not seen allot of Lawrence to tell you the truth so I have not seen him play allot except for a few games here and there. Hence me picking Jennings. Sure Lawrence would be just as good if not better anyway.

Hayne is a tough one. What he offers compliments centers but which side do you play him on. Lawrence is a right center yes?

Yeah I think Gidley can be dropped because we have the depth in Lewis to cover any position and just shift another player to cover him in Lock. (Bird).

I think Gallen is a natural prop but just the way the team is at Cronulla he's better utilized at Lock. He's a great performer in the 10 jersey and rightfully so.

And yeah, Exactly why I put Gallen at prop so we have more depth in the other position with Bird, Lewis.etc.

And yes Yosh. I meant Gallen.

timka4

Bench
Lawrence plays left centre for club, and seems Hayne is pretty versatile in the backs I'd be tempted to put Hayne on the right.

I'm leaning towards B Stewart over Dugan, especially if Stewart is in the side, they have a nice little combo

1. B Stewart
2. Gordon
3. Lawrence
4. Hayne
5. Uate

I expect to see (at this stage)

1. Dugan
2. B Morris / Hayne (Hayne if Sticky learnt his lesson about B Moz)
3. Lawrence
4. Jennings
5. Uate

Pazza

First Grade
Surely b Stewart would get the nod infront of Dugan! So much more big game experience from Brett, Stewart has played in plenty of big games and excelled!

Dragon2010

First Grade
Surely b Stewart would get the nod infront of Dugan! So much more big game experience from Brett, Stewart has played in plenty of big games and excelled!

I think for Brett to play Glenn would have to play and Vice-Versa. That's just me though. I think that's why he pulled out of 4Nations.

Joker's Wild

Coach
I think for Brett to play Glenn would have to play and Vice-Versa. That's just me though. I think that's why he pulled out of 4Nations.

Huh? Glenn pulled out but Brett is still in the squad

Brett would be just fine without Glenn, I think they do play well together though

RHCP

Bench
Since this is my 2000th post, there is nothing better to use it on.

9. Farah

Ennis
Young
Gidley
Buderus
Farah

Sticky showed his hand this season. For the same reasons that he doesn't want Hayne at fullback, he doesn't want Farah at hooker. Rightly or wrongly (wrongly for the most part), Robbie won't get a shot in a full strength side. And after picking Mini over Hayne, I honestly think he'd do the same with Bedsy over Robbie.

Glenn Stewart shouldn't be in the full strength side either.

timka4

Bench
True, but the way Sticky talks about Dugan and the way Sticky groomed Dugan earlier this year suggested to me that if Dugan is fit and healthy at the start of next year and in decent form he will probably be selected.

Good chance however that B Stewart is still selected though

Yosh

Coach
1. BStewart
2. Uate
3. Hayne
4. Lawrence
5. Gordon

I believe that is the best backline we can come up with.

What I'm going to say next is not something I want to see but I am afraid we might.

NSW selectors love Newcastle players... I really would not be surprised to see perhaps Tahu, Buderus, Mullen, Houston or Snowden in the team as well.

Dragon2010

First Grade
1. BStewart
2. Uate
3. Hayne
4. Lawrence
5. Gordon

I believe that is the best backline we can come up with.

What I'm going to say next is not something I want to see but I am afraid we might.

NSW selectors love Newcastle players... I really would not be surprised to see perhaps Tahu, Buderus, Mullen, Houston or Snowden in the team as well.

As long as we have a potent backline and a similar team-structure I think we will be okay. While NSW selectors do love Newcastle (and Manly *COUGH* Fulton) Sticky has the final say on the team and I would not be surprised to see Snowden at the least. Gidley is a given so that's something we all have to deal with.

Buderus? He used to be quite good in his time yes?

Tahu can do wonders for us if he is in form and healthy. Very talented player no doubt.

timka4

Bench
I think Sticky will realise we have much better players than Tahu and Buderus. Unless Buderus comes back next year in almost career form.
Tahu to me is like Matt Cooper at the moment, similar type of centre, strong for club but have been average in recent rep games.
Snowden and Gidley are strong possibilities.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
What does Stick think of Brett? From memory he asked about him this year.

I would think he would be considered NSW no 1, fullback.

Ladmate

Bench
Ennis
Young
Gidley
Buderus
Farah

Sticky showed his hand this season. For the same reasons that he doesn't want Hayne at fullback, he doesn't want Farah at hooker. Rightly or wrongly (wrongly for the most part), Robbie won't get a shot in a full strength side. And after picking Mini over Hayne, I honestly think he'd do the same with Bedsy over Robbie.

Glenn Stewart shouldn't be in the full strength side either.

You're probably right. It's criminal that Ennis gets 7 chances and Farah gets 2.

For my backline, I would have:

1. Stewart
2. Uate
3. Jennings/Hayne
4. Lawrence
5. Hayne/Gordon

14. Gordon/Jennings

I think a dynamic utility can go a long way towards winning the series. Think Billy Slater in 2008.

Inglis#3

Juniors
Seriously think this team could challenge QLD without DL.

1. Brett Stewart
2. Michael Gordon
3. Jarrad Hayne
4. Michael Jennings
5. Akuila Uate
6. Jarrod Mullen
7. Mitchell Pearce
8. Aiden Tolman
9. Kurt Gidley
10. Paul Gallen
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Glenn Stewart
13. Luke Lewis

14. Ryan Hinchliffe
15. TLL
16. Feleti Mateo
17. Greg Bird

Dragon2010

First Grade
Not a bad. And DL? What diaper love?

Only change I would make there is shifting Bird to start and put Choc Watmough on the interchange. His style of play is better suited to jump on 20minutes of the game and smack them up the ruck with speed and get some balls off.

Either way, We will be a better team.

Vic Mackey

Referee
What does Stick think of Brett? From memory he asked about him this year.

I would think he would be considered NSW no 1, fullback.

Pretty sure Ricky was going to pick Brett ahead of mini, however he called hasler to ask about Brett and Des said he wasn't ready for origin..........smart work by des