What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Really Early NSW Team 2012 Thread That Will Be Hated By All!!!

sputneek

Juniors
1. Brett STEWART
2. Jarryd HAYNE
3. Michael JENNINGS
4. Chris LAWRENCE
5. Akuila UATE
6. James MALONEY
7. Mitchell PEARCE
8. Paul GALLEN (C)
9. Robbie FARAH
10. Tim MANNAH
11. Luke LEWIS
12. Anthony WATMOUGH
13. Greg BIRD

14. Kurt GIDLEY
15. Keith GALLOWAY
16. Tom LEAROYD-LAHRS
17. Glenn STEWART

18. Tariq SIMS

Fordy20

Juniors
That's probably the team I'd have, except with Stewart starting at lock, Bird moving to the second row and Watmough coming off the bench. I'd lose Gidley and bring in Mateo or maybe just another prop like Merrin or Snowden.

timka4

Bench
If we have no injuries next year like we did this year, our backline is going to be f**king awesome

Can't wait till origin 2012

jbl31649

Juniors
1. Brett STEWART
2. Jarryd HAYNE
3. Michael JENNINGS
4. Chris LAWRENCE
5. Akuila UATE
6. James MALONEY
7. Mitchell PEARCE
8. Paul GALLEN (C)
9. Robbie FARAH
10. Tim MANNAH
11. Luke LEWIS
12. Anthony WATMOUGH
13. Greg BIRD

14. Kurt GIDLEY
15. Keith GALLOWAY
16. Tom LEAROYD-LAHRS
17. Glenn STEWART

18. Tariq SIMS

Always felt we don't need Gids with Lewis in the side. He can play in the halfs, centres and Backrow.

That's probably the team I'd have, except with Stewart starting at lock, Bird moving to the second row and Watmough coming off the bench. I'd lose Gidley and bring in Mateo or maybe just another prop like Merrin or Snowden.

Bring Mateo, he has excellent offload abilities. With Glen, Brett and Maloney they'll be there waiting for his offloads. Love the side though.

Allstar Knights

Juniors
Not really sold on Mateo still. Awesome player, but I think he'd struggle in such a physical game like Origin. I might be wrong though

Joker's Wild

Coach
Yep, Im not sold on him either. The ruck is so much tighter in SOO games that guys who rely on 2nd phase play or running wide at club level rarely succeed

perverse

Referee
i really hope Farah makes it in this year... we will never, ever hear the end of it if Buderus gets the nod. f**k me, i just couldn't cop it. there's only so many tears i can enjoy.

Dragon2010

First Grade
Personally, I think Mateo would do well. Either his game will be brilliant for us and will help with 2nd phase play and break 50tackles and set-up a bunch of tries or he will just get slammed and be an average player. I think it will be the first one. He just needs to hold onto the ball and not make too many errors like the GF (Let's admit I think one of those was strip. Did not see replay though).

Stewart needs to be fullback
Gallen needs to play prop so we have more depth in the front-row to play other players
I think we still need Pearce. Not really much flashier halfbacks at the moment.

RHCP

Bench
i really hope Farah makes it in this year... we will never, ever hear the end of it if Buderus gets the nod. f**k me, i just couldn't cop it. there's only so many tears i can enjoy.
Come on, you know it would be hilarious.

Fordy20

Juniors

Pffft. Farah will never play Origin again. It'll be Buderus as starting hooker with Gidley off the bench.

timka4

Bench
I don't think Buderus will be picked, unless he is playing for 80 minutes I just don't see it. The only difference between Ennis being picked and Farah being picked is that Ennis has been involved in 2 wins, despite doing nothing in each of those games to really help.

Game 3 2009, Defended all game. Game 2 2011 Only played like 40 minutes or something

RHCP

Bench
Farah will never play Origin under Sticky. A different coach would probably have him in the 9 for 80.

broncos2010

Juniors
This is the outside backs I think we should go with and would win for sure.

1.Dugan
2.Uate
3.Jennings
4.Lawrance
5.Hayne
6.Campese
7. Maloney - I know but it would work.

campbo

Juniors
At this early stage I'd pick:

1. Brett Stewart
2. Akuila Uate
3. Michael Jennings
4. Chris Lawrence
5. Michael Gordon
6. James Maloney
7. Peter Wallace (but needs to prove he can look good without Locky - otherwise, Pearce)
8. Tim Mannah
9. Robbie Farah
10. Paul Gallen (c)
11. Luke Lewis
12. Beau Scott
13. Glenn Stewart

14. Ryan Hinchcliffe
15. Keith Galloway
16. Anthony Watmough
17. Tariq Sims/Greg Bird

18. Tariq Sims/Greg Bird

timka4

Bench
Maloney had a good season, but it wasn't as good as Soward's in 2010. At the moment I'd still have Campese or Mullen (pending next years form) as my picks for 5/8

Pazza

First Grade
To win the battle of the ruck does anyone else think we need to play Gallen and Watmough for 80 mins?

1. Brett Stewart
2. Michael Gordon
3. Jarryd Hayne
4. Chris Lawrence
5. Aku Uate
6. Jarrod Mullen/James Maloney/Jamie Soward (early season form will decide this)
7. Mitchell Pearce
8. Paul Gallen
9. Robbie Farah
10. Tim Mannah
11. Beau Scott
12. Glenn Stewart
13. Luke Lewis

14. Greg Bird
15. Anthony Watmough
16. Keith Galloway
17. Trent Merrin

Sensai Cobra

Juniors
1. Brett Stewart
2. Michael Gordon
3. Jarryd Hayne
4. Chris Lawrence
5. Aku Uate
6. Jarrod Mullen/James Maloney/Jamie Soward (early season form will decide this)
7. Mitchell Pearce
8. Paul Gallen
9. Robbie Farah
10. Tim Mannah
11. Beau Scott
12. Glenn Stewart
13. Luke Lewis

14. Greg Bird
15. Anthony Watmough
16. Keith Galloway
17. Trent Merrin
pretty good side, especially the back line.
The back rowers are a little similar, I'd like to see maybe a mateo/T williams/T sims to add some more impact/ x factor.

for mine, Maloney has the inside running at 6 at this stage

timka4

Bench
Yeah, MM's backline is exactly what I'd pick. I'd be very happy if that team was selected, minus Merrin though

Latest posts