What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Really Early NSW Team 2012 Thread That Will Be Hated By All!!!

Dragon2010

First Grade
I though about Maloney too. However one thing I felt we have got wrong for to long, is bringing young halves only to have them fail, then struggle back in the NRL.

I think give him another 2 seasons, let him play another year after a GF apperance (he'll need to get over the lose. Go Manly!).They bough Pearce in to early, but he's there now. Stick with both the halves, remove Creagh, Ennis and Morris, Keep the rest with Tariq, Gordon (and Glen Stewart in case Tariq takes longer to recover) and I like Gids at hooker, always have.

I believe Hayne started out as centre and he has good size to trouble the opposition.

Pearce survived simply because he has the ticker for Origin. Soward seemed bombed after Origin.

Yeah Creah, Ennis and Morris need to go I reckon. I personally think if Glenn Stewart keeps up his form I would put him and his brother in as they play-great football together and can seriously be damaging in what they do. Brett's sheer speed and Glen kicking game from his position is pheonmenal. A simple punt on the ball and get the forwards to run foward and smash them or barge over for a try. Good stuff.

2012 we will be a much better team.

1. Stewart
2. Uate
3. Hayne
4. Jennings
5. Gordon

6. Soward
7. Pearce

And slide G.Stewart in there as well.

What about Buderus? Or however you spell it the Newcastle returning Hooker? I know he was a NSW boy? Can any Knights fan's vouch him? I remember him being quite good in his days. Still NSW eligible? (Probably to old and only signed on year though just interested).

Allstar Knights

Juniors
After watching Manly in the GF and over the season, I'm really liking the thought of Glenn Stewart roaming the field and playing as a ball playing lock for NSW. Clearly the prop position is a weakness for NSW so I'd like to see Gallen play there again next year and give the #13 to Glenn Stewart to give us another attacking option..

8. Learoyd-Lahrs
9. Ennis
10. Gallen (c)
11. Scott
12. Watmough
13. Stewart

14. Gidley
15. Lewis
16. T Williams
17. T Sims

It's a different looking bench and might raise some questions, but imagine the impact if they got it together. I know their aren't 'specialty' props on that bench but Tariq has played a fair bit of prop before in the Toyota Cup, and T Williams has the size for it (although still unsure on him at the moment)

Someone give Lyon an emotional speech about Origin and get him playing for NSW because a right edge of the Stewart brothers and Lyon could definitely be an attacking option for us. I know I was/am a fan of Gordon at fullback, but now I can see the advantage of this combination being a real threat.

Noname36

First Grade
I think it will all come down to where Bennett plays Gidley next year. We all know he's going to get picked, regardless of whether he deserves it or not.

jbl31649

Juniors
2012 we will be a much better team.

1. Stewart
2. Uate
3. Hayne
4. Jennings
5. Gordon

6. Soward
7. Pearce

And slide G.Stewart in there as well.

Jennings or Lawerance. Jennings needs get his attitude together plus he needs to learn to pass to wing when breaks the line, but thats our best and very fast backline.

After watching Manly in the GF and over the season, I'm really liking the thought of Glenn Stewart roaming the field and playing as a ball playing lock for NSW. Clearly the prop position is a weakness for NSW so I'd like to see Gallen play there again next year and give the #13 to Glenn Stewart to give us another attacking option..

8. Learoyd-Lahrs
9. Ennis
10. Gallen (c)
11. Scott
12. Watmough
13. Stewart

14. Gidley
15. Lewis
16. T Williams
17. T Sims

It's a different looking bench and might raise some questions, but imagine the impact if they got it together. I know their aren't 'specialty' props on that bench but Tariq has played a fair bit of prop before in the Toyota Cup, and T Williams has the size for it (although still unsure on him at the moment)

Someone give Lyon an emotional speech about Origin and get him playing for NSW because a right edge of the Stewart brothers and Lyon could definitely be an attacking option for us. I know I was/am a fan of Gordon at fullback, but now I can see the advantage of this combination being a real threat.

Still don't like Ennis, but I love this forward pack, versitle and big with Simms and T-Rex. Move Gids to hooker and we can fit another forward (prop). Lewis has utility value if needed.

You see in that Grandfinal Glen gets the ball right then searches for Brett coming through at pace back left across the ruck. Guess they have done this since they where kids. But I've always like a brothers combo in any team.

One prop on the team? Dunno about that?

Manly survived with one prop when Drop-King hurt himself. But, I would feel better at SOO with 2 props maybe Tim Grant or Luke Douglas and Mannah is there, even though he hasn't really do anything special at SOO, he has completely suck either.

Dragon2010

First Grade
Manah is solid without being spectacular. Something NSW need. A guy who get's in and just does what's asked of him. No Gallen like performance just does his work and that's it.

timka4

Bench
The fullback position will be hotly contested next year. Dugan has had an injury plagued back end of the season and played in a shit team this year, whereas Stewart has had a great run in a great team.
Dugan was good in game 1, safe as bricks in D and set up Jennings for the line break.
imo it'll be down to who is in the better form and injury free, cause I wouldn't mind either of them at fullback.

Allstar Knights

Juniors
Manah is solid without being spectacular. Something NSW need. A guy who get's in and just does what's asked of him. No Gallen like performance just does his work and that's it.
Mannah will want to lift his work rate next year though. He did okay this year, but he didn't make many metres and I thought he was getting dominated pretty badly up front.

Still rate him pretty highly though and I think he can do better then he did, same as Snowden.

D

Deleted member 10972

Based on the 4 Nations squad...

1. B Stewart
2. Hayne (not selected only because of injury)
3. Lawrence
5. Uate
8. Galloway
9. Farah
10. Gallen
11. Lewis
13. G Stewart

15. Watmough

I assume 12 will be Scott, 14 will be Gidley or Bird, and the halves will be two of Maloney, Pearce and Soward. That leaves one empty centre slot (most likely Jennings) and two bench prop spots (Mannah should be a shoe-in for one).

timka4

Bench
Lewis won't start although he should. He is a good player but doesn't really provide much impact like other players could off the bench. He started one game but was injured for most of it.

After G Stewart's form this year and if he continues the form he is in into next year I do see Gallen playing prop again with G Stewart starting as lock.
We have a lot of talent in our top 17 for next year, halves are still the only areas we are shaky, rest are class.

Lewis is a better player then Stewart. Sick of him getting f**ked around and put on the bench. Its not his fault he can play so many positions, if theirs an injury then move him

Dragon2010

First Grade
1. B Stewart
2. Gordon
3. Hayne
4. Jennings
5. Uate
6. Maloney/Soward/Mullen
7. Pearce
8. Galloway
9. Farah
10. Gallen
11. Lewis
12. Bird
13. G Stewart

14. Gidley
15. Watmough
16. TLL
17. Mateo

This is the pack I'd like to see. A very potent back-line with allot of speed and skills. Hayne's size and kicking game will better utilized in the centers then on the wing.

I like the fact of Stewart brothers linking together in the runs with G Stewart running the line and Brett following behind him to grab it off quick and dash the line (As much as I dislike them the more I think about it the more I like it).

I'm still not decided on my halves. Pearce is a given he proved him self this year to just keep his position and there is no one else really demanding to be halfback. He showed composure in defense and was solid. The 6 I think though can go to anyone.

Personally, I would play Gallen at prop again with Galloway in the alternate jersey. Keeping Birdy in the front-row and playing the bench rotation of the above. Could even drop Gidley for another player with the depth we have in Lewis can shift Lewis to the needed position, get Bird to go Lock and bring another bench player to cover the front-row.

I think we definitely need Farah although his form at the beginning of this year was not the best he is still miles ahead of Ennis and at least he does not have brain explosions. He is also not as gruby and personally don't think he will slide as many stupid penalties.