What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Really Early NSW Team 2012 Thread That Will Be Hated By All!!!

shasha

Juniors
^No Hayne?

Kidding yourself

Thought we were here to write our own opinion on the team mate?

Hayne was outshone by Stewart and Uate this year. Although Gordon missed a lot of the season through injury, I don't think Hayne is successful on the wing.

I'm kidding myself? Didn't the NSW coach himself leave Hayne out in game 1 as well? He should of been picked ahead of Dugan, but now Stewart is ahead of both them, in my opinion!

Allstar Knights

Juniors
Not sure who/what you're talking about here Pete.

Which "key" positions......and what solutions?

1. Minichiello........never to play again (I would assume)
6. Soward ........debatable to the extreme whether he is the right man
7. Pearce ......... as above
9. Ennis .......?

I can see the NSW side being another lottery next year ..........

oh, except Paul Gallen. He CAN play prop.
The back row are pretty much sorted consisting of Gallen, Scott, Lewis, Watmough, Bird or G Stewart. Uate, Jennings and Hayne showed that they should be our incumbents for the backline. We have many spots already filled if they just turn up next year

perverse

Referee
However, I see Gidley moving to half for the Knights and Mullan into Hooker. Reckon Mullan would do well at hooker.
tumblr_l5opi3SyG11qaquwo.png

Yosh

Coach

FMD... No seroiusly FMD... Pers mate you just rocked my world... ROCKED MY WORLD!!! F**K that is some awesome, awesome, awesomeness you just rocked my world with.

Thanks for perhaps the biggest laugh of the year.

Mullan... :D Mate that is just gold... I mean seroiusly I'm a genius at the best of the time but jeez...

Pers you owe me a new pair of CK undies mate... Just sh*t myself laughing...

Anyways back to the point.

If we want to play a territory game, we need Mullen. His long kicking game is the best in the league when in form. However his short kicking game definitely needs working on.

Dragon2010

First Grade
We should make a banner "Go away Ennis". Let's just hope the guy is injured come Origin time. Affected us this year with his kicking and penalties and we don't need him to start a grub fight.

Farah should be there but he won't so I guess a Bennett coached Gidley would surely be okay?

jbl31649

Juniors
We should make a banner "Go away Ennis". Let's just hope the guy is injured come Origin time. Affected us this year with his kicking and penalties and we don't need him to start a grub fight.

Farah should be there but he won't so I guess a Bennett coached Gidley would surely be okay?

He affected us last year with a stupid penality near our try line. His liability. What do you do with liabilities, your rectify it.

Time for him to leave the Rep arena.

Yes the Bennett experiment is the one to watch!

And your welcome Yosh. Really should see a doctor about your bowel issues.....

Last edited:

Dragon2010

First Grade
He affected us last year with a stupid penality near our try line. His liability. What do you do with liabilities, your rectify it.

Yup. Mullen as well but I still think Pearce will get the nod (Not that I will complain). Personally, Like the way he plays think he has the ticker for Origin. Not no flashy half-back but get's the balls-off, was good at the tries he did set-up (Hoppa's GameII) and was strong in defense.

Soward, We will see if Maloney can blow him out of the park. Maloney is flashier then Soward in his gameplay but we can only wait and see.

jbl31649

Juniors
Yup. Mullen as well but I still think Pearce will get the nod (Not that I will complain). Personally, Like the way he plays think he has the ticker for Origin. Not no flashy half-back but get's the balls-off, was good at the tries he did set-up (Hoppa's GameII) and was strong in defense.

Soward, We will see if Maloney can blow him out of the park. Maloney is flashier then Soward in his gameplay but we can only wait and see.

The thing that stood out for Pearce is he held his own in defence. If they went with Farah and Maloney, thats plenty in the creativity department. They put to much pressure on him as a saviour of NSW, but the Rooster did pick up near the end of the season, so who knows?

But I don't see Sticky changing the halves, can only hope the footy gods intervene.

Dragon2010

First Grade
The thing that stood out for Pearce is he held his own in defence. If they went with Farah and Maloney, thats plenty in the creativity department. They put to much pressure on him as a saviour of NSW, but the Rooster did pick up near the end of the season, so who knows?

But I don't see Sticky changing the halves, can only hope the footy gods intervene.

I'd keep Pearce personally. Had some great 1v1 defense (Thaiday lol). I think Maloney would be a great option for the number6 and his defense liability (If any) can be made back in Scott and the players around him.

6. Maloney
7. Pearce

Pearce I felt just the way he organized and positioned himself was good as well. Sitting there at GameII in person you could see it.

We need a more creative hooker we know that ain't Ennis so hopefully the footy god's help us.

Either way, The fans need to fire up the boys at the stadium as well and lift them. You could feel once the QLD atmosphere picked up they lifted. (Not that we aren't game II was terrific).

Yosh

Coach

Indeed... Every rep player to make one mistake should be banned... Shouldn't even be allowed to play in the NRL no more if you ask me...

Gidley is a good player. He has amazing utility value and he is statistically the best goal kicker in the NRL (well he is this year).

He ain't gonna offer much from fullback and captain of the NSW side but from hooker or on the bench, he will be a great option for NSW next year.

jbl: I can sense the hate mate but come on, your post was so funny!:lol:

Raider_69

Post Whore
lol sensitive much?

Yoshie is a nutbag at the best of times R69 and putting the whole selection blame on him is simplistic to say the least but Laurie does have to take some of the blame for the chopping and changing of the NSW side over the last 6 years, which most here agree has been a big contributer to the Blues continued failure.

He stepped down mate, he accepted blame
to my knowledge the only one of the panel with the balls to do so, the real criminal on that panel is still at large.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Thought we were here to write our own opinion on the team mate?

Hayne was outshone by Stewart and Uate this year. Although Gordon missed a lot of the season through injury, I don't think Hayne is successful on the wing.

I'm kidding myself? Didn't the NSW coach himself leave Hayne out in game 1 as well? He should of been picked ahead of Dugan, but now Stewart is ahead of both them, in my opinion!

Yes, Sticky left him out in game 1 and it was universally slammed by just about everyone. Come game 2 and he couldnt get him back into the side quick enough.

Hayne is a game breaker and has talent to burn. His performance in the centres in game 3 was 1 of the very few highlights from the Blues in that game.

He and Uate are the 2 best outside backs in NSW. Whether he is picked at fullback, on the wing or in the centres doesnt matter but he has to be in the side. Swap him for Morris in game 1 and you can all but say we win that series.

However, I see Gidley moving to half for the Knights and Mullan into Hooker. Reckon Mullan would do well at hooker.

I think you have this backwards mate. Mullo is better running wide and not quite tough enough to handle the defencive workload that is required in the middle.

He stepped down mate, he accepted blame
to my knowledge the only one of the panel with the balls to do so, the real criminal on that panel is still at large.

Yep, I agree with that mate. Whether he deserves it or not, he is guilty by association though.

jbl31649

Juniors
Indeed... Every rep player to make one mistake should be banned... Shouldn't even be allowed to play in the NRL no more if you ask me...

Gidley is a good player. He has amazing utility value and he is statistically the best goal kicker in the NRL (well he is this year).

He ain't gonna offer much from fullback and captain of the NSW side but from hooker or on the bench, he will be a great option for NSW next year.

jbl: I can sense the hate mate but come on, your post was so funny!:lol:

No hate here.

Dragon2010

First Grade
Yes, Sticky left him out in game 1 and it was universally slammed by just about everyone. Come game 2 and he couldnt get him back into the side quick enough.

Hayne is a game breaker and has talent to burn. His performance in the centres in game 3 was 1 of the very few highlights from the Blues in that game.

He and Uate are the 2 best outside backs in NSW. Whether he is picked at fullback, on the wing or in the centres doesnt matter but he has to be in the side. Swap him for Morris in game 1 and you can all but say we win that series.

Sticky leaving out Hayne was a stupid move but I reckon someone was whispering in his ear or another selector f**ked up. While Sticky does have the last decision it seemed an odd call to make. Play him in GameI we have a different outcome.

I quite like Hayne in the centers to be honest. He can run the ball hard, is able to offer a great kicking game in this position (Not so much on the wing as he's slightly out of reach). I reckon GameIII was one of his better games and he preformed well despise the score-line.

Him and Uate should have their names marked in pen already for next-year along with Gallen and a few others. These players should be definite inclusion in the squad (Pending injury):

- Uate
- Hayne
- Gallen
- Bird
- Watmough
- Soward/Pearce (Just for halves consistency not that I would complain with Maloney instead)

jbl31649

Juniors
(Just for halves consistency not that I would complain with Maloney instead)

I though about Maloney too. However one thing I felt we have got wrong for to long, is bringing young halves only to have them fail, then struggle back in the NRL.

I think give him another 2 seasons, let him play another year after a GF apperance (he'll need to get over the lose. Go Manly!).They bough Pearce in to early, but he's there now. Stick with both the halves, remove Creagh, Ennis and Morris, Keep the rest with Tariq, Gordon (and Glen Stewart in case Tariq takes longer to recover) and I like Gids at hooker, always have.

I believe Hayne started out as centre and he has good size to trouble the opposition.