What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Really Early NSW Team 2012 Thread That Will Be Hated By All!!!

timka4

Bench
his couple of showings were average, he probably won't get another start for a while anyway with his back injury. I think he'll return to form however, whether or not he gets picked depends on the form of the other props.

Dragon2010

First Grade
Needs more Bird. He's always been a strong player at Origin level and was one of our better players this year.

And f*ck that QLD team off please.

I'd honestly have Hayne and Jennings in the centres over Lawrence, with Uate and Gordon on the wing.

Lawrence is a very good player, but Hayne is a proven Origin performer and so is Jennings now. I haven't seen anything yet to suggest Lawrence can go the next step, and he hasn't been that impressive in his few games for Australia either (including last years Four Nations and the 1 test this year)

Gordon also looked good on debut for NSW

Lawrence 2 games for Australia, 2 wins, 3 tries.

Lawrence is the best left centre in NSW and will be the first centre picked next year barring injury. Watch the Tigers back to back wins over Manly and the Dragons this year to show how good a player Lawernce is. It is a pity he missed so much of the season with injury.

As I have said before we need to find a good #6 to make the most of Lawrence great hole running abilities. When Benji hits Lawrence into a gap it is fantastic to watch as Lawernce has the pace to get to the try line and the ball skills to set up his support players.

Trust me the Queensland centres will fear playing agains Lawrence more than any other NSW centre available.

timka4

Bench
Agreed (talking about Bird), at club level he has done much of late, but I think he has been a quiet achiever for us at origin level. I'd easily have him in my side

goosie

Juniors
I'd honestly have Hayne and Jennings in the centres over Lawrence, with Uate and Gordon on the wing.

Lawrence is a very good player, but Hayne is a proven Origin performer and so is Jennings now. I haven't seen anything yet to suggest Lawrence can go the next step, and he hasn't been that impressive in his few games for Australia either (including last years Four Nations and the 1 test this year)

Gordon also looked good on debut for NSW

i agree you have a good point. i can live with that.

Yosh

Coach
I think the team is slowly coming together:

1. Stewart
2. Uate
3. Hayne
4. Jennings
5. Gordon

6. Mullen/Maloney
7. Pearce/Soward

8. Gallen
9. Kidley
10. Galloway
11. Lewis
12. Bird
13. Watmough

14. Farah
15. Mannah
16. Snowden
17. T-Rex/Sims/Scott/Houston/Lawrence

I think something like that should be the best we can offer.

Joel-22

Juniors
1. Jarryd Hayne - easily the best option
2. Akiula Uate - given
3. Michael Jennings - given
4. Chris Lawrence - this year will be his breakout year
5. James McManus - earned it through great year last year
6. James Maloney - given
7. Jarrod Mullen - given
8. Paul Gallen - given
9. Danny Buderus - he's comin home!
10. Joel Edwards - given
11. Luke Lewis - given
12. Greg Bird - given
13. Chris Houston - should of been there this year, consistently tops the tackle count and metres gained at club level

14. Kurt Gidley
15. Felatoi Mateo
16. Timmy Mannah
17. Kade Snowden

This year we have a real shot at winning, we need the selectors to for once pick the best team possible.

Yosh

Coach
If Skeepe reads that side he will spontaneously combust due to the epic rage.

lol...

I just had mountain dew come out of my nose bro... i don't know what skeepe looks like but man that sh*t is funny:crazy:

Joker's Wild

Coach
lol...

I just had mountain dew come out of my nose bro... i don't know what skeepe looks like but man that sh*t is funny:crazy:

A bit like this

monaghan.jpg

Dragon2010

First Grade
We came close this year in GameI but just fell short. We are starting to nail the right team and players that work well together. That's massive for us I think next year we will be allot better as individuals and then as a team.

F*CK ME! BRING ON ORIGIN ALREADY!

timka4

Bench
Yeah I really think our best chance is winning the first 2 games. We definitely cracked in game 3 from the build up and especially up in suncorp, it was almost over before it started. Also QLD played f**king awesome

Joe's Magpies

Juniors
If Lawrence is not in the team next year, it will be a bloody disgrace. He simply has to be there. Excellant defence, great attack.

I cant believe some people are leaving him out. Pure madness.

Joe's Magpies

Juniors
My team would be

1. Hayne
2. Gordon
3. Jennings
4. Lawrence
5. Uate
6. Maloney
7. Pearce
8. Gallan
9. Farah
10. Galloway
11. Lewis
12. Watmough
13. Glenn Stewart
14. Gidley
15. TLL
16. Mannah
17. Sims

Last edited:

Yosh

Coach
Stewart? He just won a premiership though and is getting better and better... Dunno if he is worth dropping for anyone!

timka4

Bench
Yeah I think Stewart or Dugan is probably the better idea at the moment. Unless Hayne starts running the ball again from fullback like he did in 09 (which he might return to now that Sandow is at the Eels) I wouldn't have him at fullback.

Latest posts