What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Really Early NSW Team 2012 Thread That Will Be Hated By All!!!

As a QLDER what are you people doing selecting a talented half(Maloney)?
Please stick with the tried & true duds to compliment the biggest dud of all M.Pearce.

Big Pete

Referee
Yes it could.

Pearce was very good in Game 2. I'm unsure about Soward, but I'd have him before Maloney every day of the week.

timka4

Bench
I really think a player like Maloney would be exposed big time in the Origin arena.
I am thinking the same as you. People want to rush him in, but he wasn't better than Soward in 2010.

I'd rather keep Pearce and Soward then put in Maloney. Mind you if Mullen puts in some consistency and Soward continues his form from last 2011, I can see him getting dropped pretty fast.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Stewart? He just won a premiership though and is getting better and better... Dunno if he is worth dropping for anyone!

Yeah well I wouldnt leave him out personally but Joe seemed too

Hayne is not the fullback NSW need, he is too unstructured in his positioning and Qld will exploit that for sure.

Stewart is the man for the job, he is NSWs best fullback

Joe's Magpies

Juniors
Yeah well I wouldnt leave him out personally but Joe seemed too

Hayne is not the fullback NSW need, he is too unstructured in his positioning and Qld will exploit that for sure.

Stewart is the man for the job, he is NSWs best fullback

If stewart is at fullback, you would have to pick Hayne on the wing. This would mean Gorden will miss out. So the back line would now be:

1. Stewart
2. Hayne
3. Jennings
4. Lawrence
5. Uate
6. Maloney
7.Pearce

Would people agree on that backline for NSW.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Have a look back at the last couple of pages Joe, you'll see that a lot of us here want to see Hayne in the centres, which imo is his best position.

1. Stewart
2. Gordon
3. Lawrence/Jennings
4. Hayne
5. Uate

Joe's Magpies

Juniors
Have a look back at the last couple of pages Joe, you'll see that a lot of us here want to see Hayne in the centres, which imo is his best position.

1. Stewart
2. Gordon
3. Lawrence/Jennings
4. Hayne
5. Uate

Just a question, when has Hayne played centre. It's probably been awhile. I think Hayne has played quite well in SOO on the wing. Didn't he get a MOM a few years ago playing there.

The Jennings/Lawrence centre combo will be around for quite awhile.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Just a question, when has Hayne played centre. It's probably been awhile. I think Hayne has played quite well in SOO on the wing. Didn't he get a MOM a few years ago playing there.

The Jennings/Lawrence centre combo will be around for quite awhile.

SOO 3 this year mate. He was just about our best outside back in that game

He has spent a fair bit of time in the centres for Parra too

Big Pete

Referee
I do have some question marks on that performance. Yeah, it was good, but he was up against a one legged Hodges who was about as useful as Westley was at the end of the Princess Bride.

And yes, I just brought a Princess Bride reference into this thread. That movie rocks.

Joker's Wild

Coach
I think you are being harsh on Hodges there mate. He certainly wasnt 100% but Im not sure that would have made much difference.

Jarryd is a natural centre imo. He has speed and size but also has a great link game. There is too much pressure on him when he plays fullback and he simply tries too hard. Out in the centres the pressure is somewhat off and he can just play whats in front of him.

Big Pete

Referee
It made a huge difference, he could barely move and was a major target.

Which isn't to say Hayne is a bad centre, it could very well be his position. I just don't think that performance alone is enough.

Yosh

Coach
I don't think Hayne would let us down in the centres. I feel perhaps Jennings or Lawernce might go MIA but Hayne won't.

Pity Lyon doens't wanna play... That guy is gun...

Joker's Wild

Coach
It made a huge difference, he could barely move and was a major target.

Which isn't to say Hayne is a bad centre, it could very well be his position. I just don't think that performance alone is enough.

Dude, Hodges was fine in that game. He would never have been let on the park if his injury was really as bad as you are making out.

Besides, most of Haynes good work wasn't 1-1 with Hodges anyway. His bust down the left was nice positioning outside of Yow Yeh and his other 2 LBs were results of great footwork on the 2nd rower covering the inside.

He has played a few matches in the centres for Parra also and its clear imo that its the position that utilises all of his best assets while not putting under the pressure of being a "play maker". Game 3 this year was just the most recent time it was highlighted for me

Joe's Magpies

Juniors
Did you guys see the tackle Lawrence made on Mui Mui in the test at Newcastle. It was a bell ringer. A centre on a prop.

Lawrence would not let anyone down if given the chance.

Allstar Knights

Juniors
I'd be happy seeing Hayne and Aku on the right for NSW. What a combo they could be against QLD, seriously. Hayne drawing in players and passing is second to none... A pretty handy attribute to have with someone like Uate outside you. Not only that, both have one of the best running games in the comp when on song too, so they would both have to be heavily marked.

Jennings or Lawrence at left centre is a toss of the coin tbh. I'd probably go with Jennings for now, but I'll make a decision when I see who's in the better form next year, or how Lawrence goes in this Four Nations tournament.

Last edited:

timka4

Bench
Yeah Lawrence and Galloway have a great chance to show what they can do in this 4 nations tourney. Hopefully Galloway can also show Sticky he can play more than 10 or so minutes (although he does it every week for the tigers)

Fordy20

Juniors
I don't think Hayne would let us down in the centres. I feel perhaps Jennings or Lawernce might go MIA but Hayne won't.

Pity Lyon doens't wanna play... That guy is gun...

With Buderus coming back, Gidley should be able to play centre. He's certainly never let anyone down.