What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Really Early NSW Team 2012 Thread That Will Be Hated By All!!!

typicalfan

Coach
I think you are being harsh on Hodges there mate. He certainly wasnt 100% but Im not sure that would have made much difference.

Jarryd is a natural centre imo. He has speed and size but also has a great link game. There is too much pressure on him when he plays fullback and he simply tries too hard. Out in the centres the pressure is somewhat off and he can just play whats in front of him.
He sure is. Jarryd Hayne suits centre because it takes his at times careless passing and playmaking away from him and lets him focus on his power and speed coupled with a nice offload he would be deadly.

I thought that at the start of the year when I brought it up in the left centre thread in January and after getting a crack there it only re affirmed it.

jbl31649

Juniors
I'd be happy seeing Hayne and Aku on the right for NSW. What a combo they could be against QLD, seriously. Hayne drawing in players and passing is second to none... A pretty handy attribute to have with someone like Uate outside you. Not only that, both have one of the best running games in the comp when on song too, so they would both have to be heavily marked.

Jennings or Lawrence at left centre is a toss of the coin tbh. I'd probably go with Jennings for now, but I'll make a decision when I see who's in the better form next year, or how Lawrence goes in this Four Nations tournament.

I think this is the main point to have Hayne at right centre, whether he draws the defence or they stay on Uate both can stand up defenders one on one.

Gaz was just not good enough at getting the ball to Uate. Hayne with his own size and speed can hold the ball and take on the line himself or just simple drawn defenders and you know he'll be able to offload the Uate.

With Brett though, I could tell he is struggling with some confidence and think that comes back to him still trying to find his speed, but come May next year he should be back to his best.

Then we included either Gordon or Jennings on the left winger both have great pace and in Gordons favor is his kicking, but you have to say Jenning's has more pace. This is if they go with Lawerance at left centre.

I wouldn't have to much issue if it was a Jennings/Gordon combo, they play at club level and know each others defensive pattern.

Either way it's not the outside backs that is the real issue, it's about our hooker/halves getting clean ball to these guys.

I'd even be happy at Maloney taking up Hooker for a couple of years just to blood him, while he improves at 5/8 at club level.

They did it with Toovey and Joey Johns, played them at hooker intially before moving to the halves.

I think its just to late to leave out Pearce now. His been there for to many games, so if we keep him at Half Back, then it's a matter of keeping Soward their until Maloney has had a few SOO series.

Just my opinion.

Last edited:

timka4

Bench
Lawrence had another good game against the Kiwi's. Didn't get much ball but when he did, he had some nice touches and set Boyd up for a try.

He'll be there

jbl31649

Juniors
amazing how there is more NSW forwards in the AUS team!

Not really. If you included Gal in the 2nd row, NSW have a mile long line up of great backrowers. We need some quality front rowers, but by far the best QLD is Thaiday, other then him we have the 2nd row and lock positions covered.

We could field a team of 2nd rowers.

I'll give it a shot.

1. Tony Williams
2. Luke Lewis
3. Tariq Simms
4. Beau Scott
5. Shaun Fensom
6. Terry Campese (he could easily play lock)
7. Greg Bird
8. Meteo
9. Ryan Hinchcliffe
10. Paul Gallen
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Nathan Hindmarsh
13. Glen Stewart

anyone else care to add?

Tweed Titan

Bench
Glenn Stewart could play 5/8 (I'm not counting Campese). I'd put Feleti at lock and bring in TLL at prop (who is also a backrower/front rower).

Pazza

First Grade
1. Williams
2. Lewis
3. Smith
4. Scott
5. Fensom
6. Maitua
7. Mateo
8. TLL
9. Hinchcliffe
10. Gallen
11. Watmough
12. Hindmarsh
13. Stewart

League_God

Juniors
1.Tony Williams
2.Luke Lewis
3.Beau Scott
4.Corey Patterson
5.Ben Smith
6.Glenn Stewart
7.Greg Bird
8.Paul Gallen
9.Dean Young
10.Tariq Sims
11.Anthony Watmough
12.Chris Houston
13.Feleti Mateo

14.Tom Leah-Royd Lahs
15.Shaun Fensom
16.Reni Matuia
17.Ben Creagh

It would be interesting how NSW would go if they fielded this team. Our defense would be amazing.

timka4

Bench
It would be interesting how NSW would go if they fielded this team. Our defense would be amazing.
They would get punished lol. Could almost guarantee we wouldn't score any tries. But you're right, I don't think they would leak many points either.

MacDougall

First Grade
1. Brett Stewart
2. Michael Gordon
3. Chris Lawrence
4. Jarryd Hayne
5. Akuila Uate
6. James Maloney
7. Robbie Farah
8. Tim Mannah
9. Michael Ennis
10. Keith Galloway
11. Glenn Stewart
12. Luke Lewis
13. Paul Gallen

14. Michael Jennings
15. Tony Williams
16. Aaron Woods
17. Tim Grant

RHCP

Bench
1. Brett Stewart
2. Michael Gordon
3. Chris Lawrence
4. Jarryd Hayne
5. Akuila Uate
6. James Maloney
7. Robbie Farah
8. Tim Mannah
9. Michael Ennis
10. Keith Galloway
11. Glenn Stewart
12. Luke Lewis
13. Paul Gallen

14. Michael Jennings
15. Tony Williams
16. Aaron Woods
17. Tim Grant
Needs more Tim Moltzen and Beau Ryan. :sarcasm:

Yosh

Coach
1. Stewart
2. Uate
3. Hayne

8. Gallen

11. Bird
12. Lewis
13. Watmough

14. Gidley

We should work around that.

Lewis

Juniors
Look start here

6. Carney

Work around it.

I have no doubt if Todd Carney kicks off the 2012 season like he did in 2010, he will be wearing the blue 6 come next origin time.

IMO he has a big origin career in waiting if he can keep it together or have a club that will support him through, not just the good times, but the bad times as well.

Clearly this wasn't going to happen while he remained at the Roosters