What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Really Early NSW Team 2012 Thread That Will Be Hated By All!!!

Joker's Wild

Coach
f**king oath, starts for oz.

would be my 13.

I think he is better playing down the one side, running wide and linking with our outside men. Id have him in the 2nd row with either Watmough or Bird at lock, roaming around the middle.

Either way he certainly has to start, with (VC) next to his name

timka4

Bench
Yeah Lewis on the left and Stewart on the right would work well imo. I like Bird at lock, watmough off the bench is still his best position in rep games I think.

timka4

Bench
Not sure about anyone else, but I've been keeping a very close eye on the NSWelshmen in the 4Nations. Lawrence has been solid in Australia vs NZ and vs NZ in England. But he was average tonight against England I thought.
I'm wondering if it had to do with him playing on the right hand edge or not.

Williams scored a good solo try, but I'm still not convinced he is better than other second rowers we have, also not sure if he can get through 40 minutes of workload in origin conditions. If he was to play from the bench, I'd play him in the last 25 mins max.

Although reading his stats he (Lawrence) made 26 tackles, 2nd highest in the backline was Lockyer with 19 tackles, 3rd highest Inglis with 15 tackles, so he had a big workload. Made more Metres than Inglis as well. (79-68).

Last edited:

Fordy20

Juniors
Gets f**ked around because he can cover so many positions. If a centre, winger, fullback or half gets hurt then move him, theirs going to be another second row on the bench.
and no Gidley please unless he's starting hooker playing 80mins

Gidley will be relief hooker for Buderus.

goosie

Juniors
gordon has to be in there for his goalkicking and ability to cover a few positions centre,wing, fullback.

get amongst it

Juniors
Jennings can't tackle. I would have gordon ahead of jennings by a mile.
backline of:
1.Dugan
2.Uate
3.Lawrence/Gordon
4.Lewis
5.Hayne

Yosh

Coach
So the must haves are:

Hayne
Uate
Gallen
Watmough
Lewis

Anyone else a must have?

Pazza

First Grade
So the must haves are:

Hayne
Uate
Gallen
Watmough
Lewis

Anyone else a must have?

Tim Mannah!

One of the best young players in the game who has already played four origin games and shown he isn't intimidated by the more experienced and highly fancied QLD props.

farmeister

Juniors
Greg Bird deserves to be on that list.

Agreed. Hayne, Uate, Gallen, Watmough, Lewis, Bird for sure. Everyone else is debatable.

For what it's worth, here's my team:

1. B. Stewart
2. Gordon
3. Jennings
4. Hayne
5. Uate
6. Soward
7. Pearce
8. Gallen
9. Farah
10. Galloway
11. Scott
12. Lewis
13. Bird

14. Mannah
15. TLL
16. Watmough
17. Gidley

Back up: Dugan, Lawrence, Maloney, Snowden, G. Stewart, T. Sims

timka4

Bench
I think Sticky learnt his lesson, he'll be there. Especially seeming I think Hayne will play a lot better at the Eels next year as well, with some other decent backs around him.