What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Really Early NSW Team 2012 Thread That Will Be Hated By All!!!

Joker's Wild

Coach
Agreed. Hayne, Uate, Gallen, Watmough, Lewis, Bird for sure. Everyone else is debatable.

For what it's worth, here's my team:

1. B. Stewart
2. Gordon
3. Jennings
4. Hayne
5. Uate
6. Soward
7. Pearce
8. Gallen
9. Farah
10. Galloway
11. Scott
12. Lewis
13. Bird

14. Mannah
15. TLL
16. Watmough
17. Gidley

Back up: Dugan, Lawrence, Maloney, Snowden, G. Stewart, T. Sims

Yep, pretty much the side Id like to see run out

I think Sticky learnt his lesson, he'll be there. Especially seeming I think Hayne will play a lot better at the Eels next year as well, with some other decent backs around him.

As long as Tonga stays fit the Eels backline will go well. They dont have much quality depth though.

ennis over farrah by a long way.

No No No No No No No

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Gordon has stated he wants to play Fullback for Penrith next season in today's SMH.

If he does get the number 1 jersey at the Panthers he will push for NSW selection there as well.

mxlegend99

Referee
If Gordon is fit and manages to find the same form he had in 2010 and 2011 at fullback, IMO he's a must for #1 jersey. I'd love to see:

1. Michael Gordon
2. Jarryd Hayne
3. Michael Jennings
4. Chris Lawrence
5. Akuila Uate

If Gordon doesn't have the same form, or doesn't get to play at fullback for Penrith... replace him with Brett Stewart or Josh Dugan. I think we'd do great with any of them if they're fit and in form.

With Lawrence and Jennings both being left centres, I'd probably shift Jenko to the right as he has had pretty good success there at rep level before, while Lawrence doesn't look as strong when moved.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Gordon has stated he wants to play Fullback for Penrith next season in today's SMH.

If he does get the number 1 jersey at the Panthers he will push for NSW selection there as well.

Maybe, but he will have to be outstanding to get in front of Stewart or Dugan in the selectors minds (based on past selections)

I can see him being put on the wing like Boyd with Snake at the back.

oldmancraigy

Coach
It will be hard enough for Gordon to claim the fullback position at Penrith, let alone NSW

No - but if his form on the wing is anywhere near his best then surely he's a red hot chance there?

Uate has one wing spot stitched up, the other spot goes to?

For mine a lot depends on early season form - assuming none of the candidates get injured (bad assumption!) - but one would have to imagine if Hayne has form he'll be fullback. We need our most experienced player, and best player on that stage, in a position that he can contribute towards winning in the greatest way possible.

ESPECIALLY if Soward remains as the number 6. Soward simply doesn't have the passing game to trouble NRL level defences, let alone an Origin defence. Hayne has one of hte best passing games in the comp - might a well use him in that fashion from fullback?
[I'd suggest his time in the 6 jersey for Parra proved he's not a 6 option for Origin though)

Hutty1986

Immortal
No - but if his form on the wing is anywhere near his best then surely he's a red hot chance there?

For mine a lot depends on early season form - assuming none of the candidates get injured (bad assumption!) - but one would have to imagine if Hayne has form he'll be fullback. We need our most experienced player, and best player on that stage, in a position that he can contribute towards winning in the greatest way possible.

ESPECIALLY if Soward remains as the number 6. Soward simply doesn't have the passing game to trouble NRL level defences, let alone an Origin defence. Hayne has one of hte best passing games in the comp - might a well use him in that fashion from fullback?

[I'd suggest his time in the 6 jersey for Parra proved he's not a 6 option for Origin though)

:lol: What?

mxlegend99

Referee
It will be hard enough for Gordon to claim the fullback position at Penrith, let alone NSW
If he's the Penrith fullback he will have plenty of time to convince Ricky Stuart he should be the NSW fullback. His time at fullback for Penrith has easily been as good as the likes of Hayne, Stewart and Dugan in peak form.

Unfortunately it wouldn't surprise me if he's left on the wing... he'll still be a chance at cracking the NSW side. But after seeing what he's truly capable of, it's just a waste seeing him stuck outside a shitty centre and only ever quality ball on kick returns. Which is rare as teams tend to target Coote or our other winger so that Gordon doesn't get that sort of space.

watatank

Coach
So much would have to fall into place to see Gordon at fullback, I just don't see it happening. If his form will be recognised (fullback or not) it will almost certainly be as a winger.

watatank

Coach

Gordon would simply be competing with Morris...whoever shines more in the City/Country match will probably get the nod.

It seems clear to me that Stuart does not want Hayne in a key position, I think what will probably happen if he gets picked is that he will be picked with Uate on the right.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
I think Gordon has a few things going against him. he hasn't spent enough time at fullback in first grade and his versatility will count against him, just like Hayne.

I hear Uate is a great fullback too, but he won't ever play there for NSW.

RHCP

Bench
I think Gordon has a few things going against him. he hasn't spent enough time at fullback in first grade and his versatility will count against him, just like Hayne.

I hear Uate is a great fullback too, but he won't ever play there for NSW.
From Yosh?

Hayne will not play fullback. Sticky picked bloody Mini over him. It will be centre/wing (most likely) or if something extraordinary happens 5/8. Gordon's fate will likely rest on where Hayne plays.

We could do worse than to have Gordon on the bench though. It's fairly likely that we'll have an outside back go down at one point and Gallen playing prop for 80 certainly changes the dynamic of the bench to allow a back.

Yosh

Coach

I hear Uate is a great fullback too,
but he won't ever play there for NSW.

Did you hear that from Pers?:D

So the back 5 will definitely consist of:

Gordon
Hayne
Snake
Uate
Lawrence
Dugan
Jennings

These guys. They all good so I don't see us being too troubled outwide. Hodges and Inglis aren't the same player they were 2 or 3 years ago.

We have good up and comers.

Forwards are awesome as well... We just need a decent pair of halves to bring it all together..

caylo

Bench
From Yosh?

Hayne will not play fullback. Sticky picked bloody Mini over him. It will be centre/wing (most likely) or if something extraordinary happens 5/8. Gordon's fate will likely rest on where Hayne plays.

We could do worse than to have Gordon on the bench though. It's fairly likely that we'll have an outside back go down at one point and Gallen playing prop for 80 certainly changes the dynamic of the bench to allow a back.

Fair call but if Hayne reverts back to running game with Sandow and Roberts in the halves and he is making LB and scoring tries like he did in 09 then I'm pretty sure he will be hard to look past.

One thing for sure is Mini wont be there, I wouldn't mind Hayne and 6 with Stewart at fullback (best two back in NSW IMO). Otherwise I wouldnt mind either Hayne or Stewart at fullback though but I think there are better wingers and centres then putting Hayne there (comparing that to 5-8, i don't seriously think there is better players in that position). For me, my backline would be:

Hayne/Stewart
Gordon
Jennings
Lawrence
Uate
Hayne/Soward
Soward/Mullen

My major concern is the halves still, I hope Mullen or Soward can stand up!! The forwards are more straight forward IMO:

Mannah
Farah
Gallen
Lewis
Scott
Watmough

Bench: Bird, Galloway, TLL, Stewart (With Bird, Lewis and Stewart in the team I don't think a utility is required)

Pazza

First Grade
i think tony williams form for manly and aus has to have him inline for a NSW jumper!

caylo

Bench
i think tony williams form for manly and aus has to have him inline for a NSW jumper!

forgot about him, off the bench instead of Stewart or Bird. That would be good to have TTL and Williams come on for some impact . If Mateo keep his game up his also a chance as an impact player, but he needs to improve his defence IMO

Pazza

First Grade
1.Stewart
2.Uate
3.Lawrence
4.Jennings
5.Hayne
6.TBA
7.Pearce
8.TLL
9.Farrah
10.Gallen