What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Really NSW 2011 thread that will be hated by all!

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
i was only giving options, gidley at least try to change his way against defence whether it works or not is another story.

Oh please, thats a pitiful defence. I view it as he panics and goes way off the game plan when things dont work his way. Theres having a B plan and then there is having no f**king clue, which is what at times Gidley does at Origin level.

Gaba

First Grade
nsw had no game plans for the last 3 seasons , pearce hasnt changed the way he plays since he came into the nrl and state of origin.

So the lack of game plans is no excuse for pearce , his club coach is a very good technical and tactical coach with game plans and pearce's game still didnt change

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Nor did it have to, they had a very good year. No doubt you will sit here and say "but that was because of Carney, not Pearce".

He's a good player and the best halfback NSW could choose. If Gids had 2 seasons at halfback, and did reasonably well, then maybe he is up for the gig, but he's not. He is a fullback, 3rd at best in line for NSW and possibly the 2nd best utility we have.

Gaba

First Grade
gidley could play either 5/8 or halfback if carney is the 5/8, carney is a better halfback then he is an 5/8 imo, so i would put gidley/ other player and carney at halfback

before the comment about carney winning the dally m 5/8, the reason why he won the 5/8 was the points added from playing fullback and halfback.

Roosters lost more games with carney at 5/8

Last edited:

adamkungl

Immortal
gidley could play either 5/8 or halfback if carney is the 5/8, carney is a better halfback then he is an 5/8 imo, so i would put gidley/ other player and carney at halfback

before the comment about carney winning the dally m 5/8, the reason why he won the 5/8 was the points added from playing fullback and halfback.

Roosters lost more games with carney at 5/8

Any Roosters or Canberra fan will tell you Carney is not a halfback

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Carney doesn't organise all that well, sometimes fades out of games and is at heart a ball runner. He is not a half back. Never was at Canberra. Didn't gel with Campese because they are pretty much identical players.

boonboon

Juniors
Mitchell Pearce for mine has to be orgin halfback next year at this stage - he was good last year in the nrl of the nsw options at halfback he
- Scored the most HB nrl tries
- best in linebreak and linebreak assists
- Only behind Luke Walsh in try assists
- 4th in offloads and tackle breaks behind sandow, hodgkinson and hornby
- and gave away on 6 penalties all year which compared to a lot of the other halves is fantastic and a key in origin is not letting the opposition get a roll on

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Mitchell Pearce for mine has to be orgin halfback next year at this stage - he was good last year in the nrl of the nsw options at halfback he
- Scored the most HB nrl tries
- best in linebreak and linebreak assists
- Only behind Luke Walsh in try assists
- 4th in offloads and tackle breaks behind sandow, hodgkinson and hornby
- and gave away on 6 penalties all year which compared to a lot of the other halves is fantastic and a key in origin is not letting the opposition get a roll on
hahhahahhahahaahah

poor gaba

Minotaur

Juniors
My blues line up would include:

Dugan
Hayne
Lyons
Lawrence
Uate
Carney
Pearce
TLL
Farah
Weyman
Bird
Gallen
Lewis

Watmough
Galloway
Snowden
Gidley

Size, Skill, Strike Power and youth - a good team for now and for years to come.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Personally, I think Gids played ok tonight. I thought his runners didn't time their runs as well as they could have but I thought Gids had a decent game. Would love to see him in the halves again for Newcastle.

Gaba

First Grade
hahhahahhahahaahah

poor gaba

pearce goes missing against defensive teams, he is predictable and if carney is out for the first 5 weeks of the nrl, Roosters wont be winning many games relying on pearce . Stuart would be committing football suicide if he still picks pearce.

nsw will not win with pearce at halfback no matter who the 5/8 is.

Last edited:

abpanther

Staff member
Obviously it will depend on their form during the season, but I thought both Dugan and Uate were great last night and really showed that they could add to the NSW side.

I think the guy that really should be looked at quite seriously is Brett Morris. I mean the guy was great 2 years ago, but I haven't seen him do anything special since then. Sure he is a nice finisher, good speed and solid defender, but I don't really think he adds much more to a side. Furthermore, I've kept an eye on him during rep games and he seems to go missing. If Uate and Hayne start the season like they can, I can't justify having Morris in the side, I mean a backline of Dugan, Hayne, Jennings, Lawrence and Uate would be simply awesome

Gaba

First Grade
I mean a backline of Dugan, Hayne, Jennings, Lawrence and Uate would be simply awesome
Depends on who the halves are , otherwise those players will hardly see the ball , they will be like morris standing on the wing and jennings etc standing in the centres with nothing to do

Spot On

Coach
previous comment stands,centres and wingers wont see much of the ball.

Can't totally disagree with you there. As far as the post made above about Gidley in the halves by someone else, Gidley goes alright when playing ad lib footy like an Allstars game but is not suited to playing in the halves in a structured game such as origin. He gets in the way (in his own way actually).

Latest posts