What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Really NSW 2011 thread that will be hated by all!

Goddo

Bench
A fit and firing Morris would be the obvious solution to left centre.

Better than out of form Jennings and out of position Lyon.

Tweek

Juniors
1. Hayne
2. Gordon (left)
3. J Morris (left)
4. Gasnier (right)
5. Uate (right)
6. Soward
7. Mullen
8. Mannah or TLL
9. Farah
10. Snowden
11. Lewis
12. Gallen (C)
13. Bird

14. Mannah or TLL
15. Tolman
16. Douglas / Galloway / Kidley (still not entirely sure on this pick)
17. Watmough

I think that is a great team, good mix of experience (for NSW anyways). Some good young talent. Determined players.

Lock it in, please make this team happen, except give captain to Lewis

chrisD

Coach
Tolman is a workhorse and with our back row surplus to requirement.

I think Snowden and Weyman are certainties with two out of TLL, Douglas and Mannah.

Springs

First Grade
1. Jarryd Hayne
2. Brett Morris/Josh Morris
3. Josh Morris/Jamal Idris
4. Mark Gasnier
5. Akuila Uate
6. Jamie Soward
7. Jarrod Mullen
8. Aiden Tolman
9. Robbie Farah
10. Michael Weyman
11. Nathan Hindmarsh (C)
12. Paul Gallen
13. Luke Lewis

14. Kurt Gidley
15. Tim Mannah
16. Tom Leoroyd-Lahrs
17. Chris Heighington

I would have both Josh Dugan and Brett Stewart over Jarryd Hayne if either were fit and in form. Jarryd Hayne would push to the left wing where he HAS played his best football for NSW.

Chris Lawrence into left centre automatically when he returns from injury. At the moment either Gasnier (who if good enough to be back in the side should be able to play either left or right) or Josh Morris to cover.

Soward deserves the five-eighth spot, I would have had Carney at halfback but not now, Mullen is in better form than Pearce and so deserves the spot.

Tolman is the best prop NSW have at the moment. Chuck Weyman in just cause we don't have many good starting props. If there are injuries then I would pick Bailey but even though he makes more metres and plays more minutes and is a greater influence on his side than any other NSW prop no one seems to want him.

Farah at hooker. NO Ennis, ever ever ever ever again.

Back row should be hard working. Looking back at when we were actually good we never had fairies who stood next to the wing and ran into a hole once a game like Creagh. It was usually a combination of players like Hindmarsh, Fitzgibbon, Simpson, Ryan, Kennedy, Menzies and Ricketson. Now Queensland use players like Harrison, Myles, Johnson, Crocker and Costigan. Yet we think we need to use dicks like Bird and Watmough, "Origin type" players (pfft) to win. Hindmarsh and Gallen as workers (top tackler and top metres), Lewis as ball runner and extra ball player. Simple.

Gidley is still the best utility NSW have, and even he is a better hooker, and player, than Ennis. Mannah deserves it, Leoroyd-Lahrs doesn't really but was one of our best last year.
Last bench spot will go to Watmough or Bird most likely but I threw Heighington in cause he's less of a dick.

farmeister

Juniors
1. Hayne
2. Gordon (left)
3. J Morris (left)
4. Gasnier (right)
5. Uate (right)
6. Soward
7. Mullen
8. Mannah or TLL
9. Farah
10. Snowden
11. Lewis
12. Gallen (C)
13. Bird

14. Mannah or TLL
15. Tolman
16. Douglas / Galloway / Kidley (still not entirely sure on this pick)
17. Watmough

I think that is a great team, good mix of experience (for NSW anyways). Some good young talent. Determined players.

Great team, but isn't Lewis still out with injury?

If Lewis is unavailable, I'd put Scott there in the second row. As someone pointed out in an earlier post, he can keep an eye on Soward and keep him out of trouble on defence.

Although I'm not a fan of Gidley, I think he needs to be on the bench as a utility. If there are any issues with Farah on the day (he is carrying an injury after all) at least we know Gidley can sub in there and do a decent job.

I also think TLL is best off the bench.

So, if Lewis is not fit:

1. Hayne
2. Gordon
3. J. Morris
4. Gasnier
5. Uate
6. Soward
7. Mullen
8. Snowden
9. Farah
10. Mannah
11. Scott
12. Gallen (c)
13. Bird

14. TLL
15. Tolman
16. Watmough
17. Gidley

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Scott is not necessarily the best defensive player in the game. Im confident Lewis and Gallen would be good defensive minders.

Tommy Smith

Referee
I can't see how Hayne could be fullback based on current form. And if Stewart can put some games together i reckon he should be a shoe in. I would give Hayne a wing spot though based on previous Origin efforts.

1. Brett Stewart
2. Jarryd Hayne
3. Josh Morris
4. Mark Gasnier
5. Michael Gordon
6. Jamie Soward
7. Jarred Mullen
8. Tim Mannah
9. Robbie Farah
10. Aiden Tolman
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Greg Bird
13. Paul Gallen

14. Kade Snowden/Trent Merrin
15. Michael Weyman
16. Ben Creagh
17. Jamal Idris

Unfortunately for Soward he has zero chance of being selected because he wont be considered an "Origin" player by those guys that have f**ked up at the selection table for at least five consecutive years.

RHCP

Bench
Im having a chuckle at those with Idris on the bench. Im sure we tried that once before.....
We tried Mitchell Pearce once before, we tried Jarrod Mullen once before, we tried Robbie Farah once before (well, twice).

Desperate times call for desperate measures.

timka4

Bench
Unfortunately for Soward he has zero chance of being selected because he wont be considered an "Origin" player by those guys that have f**ked up at the selection table for at least five consecutive years.
Those guys aren't selectors anymore, however I do think Bob Fulton (one of the previous selectors) still has a formal say.

Fairly sure news report on 10 tonight said that Stuart has been talking to Soward and he said he is definitely in consideration for 5/8, due to Carney's suspension and such. Although he did also mention Gidley playing 5/8...

mozza91

Coach
We tried Mitchell Pearce once before, we tried Jarrod Mullen once before, we tried Robbie Farah once before (well, twice).

Desperate times call for desperate measures.
We've tried Pearce several times and he has failed miserably just like in important Roosters club games.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Why the f**k would you have Idris on the bench, unless you are Tim Sheens?

I bet Gidley plays five-eighth, I can see it already...

timka4

Bench
Only reason I would have Idris on the bench is too play the last 30or so min of the game in the 2nd row to provide some punch, but that's about it.

Goddo

Bench
I can't see how Hayne could be fullback based on current form. And if Stewart can put some games together i reckon he should be a shoe in. I would give Hayne a wing spot though based on previous Origin efforts.

1. Brett Stewart
2. Jarryd Hayne
3. Josh Morris
4. Mark Gasnier
5. Michael Gordon
6. Jamie Soward
7. Jarred Mullen
8. Tim Mannah
9. Robbie Farah
10. Aiden Tolman
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Greg Bird
13. Paul Gallen (c)

14. Kade Snowden/Trent Merrin
15. Michael Weyman
16. Ben Creagh
17. Jamal Idris

That is pretty close to what I am now thinking, except....

Idris on the bench NO NO NO NO NO NO. Swap for a utility. Giddly is best fit for that spot I guess (I say reluctantly).

I disagree on one or two props and second rowers, but its near enough.

Maybe swap Morris for Lyon if Morris isn't quite fit and Lyon is happy playing on that side of the field.

And if Hayne doesn't want to play on the wing, bring in Uate

Last edited:

Joker's Wild

Coach
You are kidding yourselves if you don't think Uate will be selected

He is the most potent winger NSW have, bar none

Latest posts