What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The ref in the tonga/ireland game is a disgrace

bartman

Immortal
Glad he's not taking all the whinging and talking back sh*t from random players though.

I reckon the NRL should stamp a lot of that out too week to week.

Iafeta

Referee
20060531_boarding_pass_57417254_18.jpg

All aboard Mr Ganson, go home son.

He was abysmal, he made me teary eyed for Mogsheen Jaghwad and Steve Lyons wishing they were out there refereeing. And he was the same doofus who found a 20m restart last night in what was an obvious penalty try (except for He Who Is Almighty And Loves To Blow The Pea Out Of The Whistle And Will Be Obeyed Steve Ganson)

ByRd

First Grade
This ref lost it, the Tongans did give away some silly penalties but the Irish were not perfect either but got away with alot. And a player is allowed to ask the ref a question as Mateo was trying to do in the 1st half but he treats them like kids, pathetic ref, ruined a good game

roopy

Referee
The sh*t reffing actually added to the spectacle in the end - but don't let the idiot ref another game.

Iafeta

Referee
I thought it was Shayne Hayne on happy tablets... same ground too. I'm glad Mateo and co didn't start using their hands in conversation.

roopy

Referee
You think Tonga whinged about everything else - wait till Dymock winds up about the ref?

Frustrated Fan

Juniors
That refereeing performance will do me. I wonder if they (the ref & video ref) are likely to face disciplinary action over it. They most certainly should.

It is absolutely criminal for punters to be subjected to that.

Jimmy The Judge

Juniors
I haven't seen the game but as a fan of Super League who has to suffer him on a weekly basis I'm hardly suprised at his performance.

He genuinely believes that he's part of the show and that he should be given an equal share of the limelight.

I'm all for players showing good discipline and respecting referees but a referee has to earn that respect. When an official continually makes bad decisions and talks to players like they're children then they will back chat him.

If he continues it would no surprise to me to see him physically assaulted by a player or club official.

How on earth he was allowed to ref todays game after last nights shocking decision over the Ropati 'knock on' is also beyond me.

screeny

Bench
He effectively gave an Australian fanbase the "SL experience": blowing so many penalties for dubious ruck infrongements that results in players looking to milk penalties and has the spectator anxiously anticipating penalties on every play.

Also, the SL Reffing experience leads to players getting irritated and spoken to like they were muppets. Ganson lost control of the ENg v Wales match and nearly lost control of this one too.