What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The refs

Ladmate

Bench
I'm not a manly fan or an eel fan but the ref performance was disgraceful. To hand the game to parramatta is a slap in the face for red unbias.

If I were Des Hasler, I would pay 100k just so I could rip into their pathetic performance.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
the refs were atrocious but as soon as manly started haemorraging points they lost any right to win it.

bboy_insane

Juniors
the refs were atrocious but as soon as manly started haemorraging points they lost any right to win it.

What if Manly only haemorraged 18 points? Did they still deserve to lose the game, despite being the better team for 60 minuts of the match?

bennoonthehill

Juniors

you're a deadset idiot - so if manly's lead had been bigger and parra had failed to overcome it, manly would have lost the right to win it because they let in some points?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
You lost, suck it up. We were forced to last year...

Eaglebuzz

Juniors
I haven't seen the replay but apparently the touch judge was on the halfway line for that last pass for the winning try. Disgraceful.

I also hate that the refs are ARTIFICIALLY creating these close comeback games by penalising the side that is in front out of the game. It has happened both weekends and now has happened to Manly twice in a row.

The way these games are being reffed it's actually an advantage to be trailing at half time, then come home with a wet sail after getting 5 or 6 straight penalties.

coolsteve

Juniors
worst part was hayne was running right in line with it.pathetic gonna happen to other teams too, just hope it`s not yours

stuke

Bench
I haven't seen the replay but apparently the touch judge was on the halfway line for that last pass for the winning try. Disgraceful.

I also hate that the refs are ARTIFICIALLY creating these close comeback games by penalising the side that is in front out of the game. It has happened both weekends and now has happened to Manly twice in a row.

The way these games are being reffed it's actually an advantage to be trailing at half time, then come home with a wet sail after getting 5 or 6 straight penalties.

both weeks Manly have had brain explosions in regards to discipline and allowed the refs to penalise them for stupid, niggling tactics. amazingly when Shayne Hayne told Lyon the next one would be sitting down in the sin-bin they managed to contain themselves.

the pass was forward but Manly had already let Parra back into the match with their own stupid play and have only themselves to blame for that.

dikefalos

Juniors
both weeks Manly have had brain explosions in regards to discipline and allowed the refs to penalise them for stupid, niggling tactics. amazingly when Shayne Hayne told Lyon the next one would be sitting down in the sin-bin they managed to contain themselves.

the pass was forward but Manly had already let Parra back into the match with their own stupid play and have only themselves to blame for that.
yes thats right manly were terrible in the second half but if that try was ruled forward with 6 minutes to go there is no way parramatta win that game

stuke

Bench
yes thats right manly were terrible in the second half but if that try was ruled forward with 6 minutes to go there is no way parramatta win that game

for sure, I agree with you. but Manly were still in the lead after that. they paid the price for their poor discipline and lack of ball in the second half and couldn't close the game out.

Manly dominated most areas of the game, the same thing happened last week.

coolsteve

Juniors
hayne was right there.demote him if he cant see that,he`s got no hope of adjudicating anything anything close

Eaglebuzz

Juniors
I counted at least 3 instances of Parra doing the exact same things Manly were being penalised for when the score was 20 - 12. I'm not saying Manly didn't deserve to be penalised, but if they didn't get anything back.

stuke

Bench
and in the first half I'm pretty sure I saw Manly doing all the same things Parra were doing but the eels were getting penalised. it's called supporting your team!