What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The rivalry between Souths and Easts just got bigger...

Galeforce

Bench
No rivalry from Souths side..Souths fans have been irked by Rooster fans ( not a lot of them i have to say) who cannot handle the recent past where Roosters have performed somewhat better than Souths and have given Souths as much sh*t as they could. So Souths fans have a geniune eagerness for Souths to smash the roosters , and watcht some of these Rooster fan tools , react in desperation .Most of us have seen some of the rooster fan overeactions over the last two years.

Pathetic.

Anyway see Mason story about joining the roosters. He mentioned the wear and tear of playing with the bulldogs and expects to get more mileage from his body playing with the roosters. Same goes for Shrek. Well sounds like to me that like Myles , Shrek and now Mason the boxer , will take the money and play Rooster style forward play to prolong their bodies. hmm

Roosters or Roodogs or Roomongrels are now officially a circus.Come and watch their plays box , perform X rated acts and then onto the game with the other 2000 rooster fans and Nick!!

Anyway . look forward to seeing the Roosters implode next year.What a joke of a club.
Fancy getting rid of Williams/Harrison to tryers for a Mason.

Hate them , hec no they provide comic relief.

Reg Clough

Juniors
Galeforce said:
No rivalry from Souths side..Souths fans have been irked by Rooster fans ( not a lot of them i have to say) who cannot handle the recent past where Roosters have performed somewhat better than Souths

Mate you are the master of understatement. "somewhat better". This is like saying the twin towers were somewhat damaged.

innsaneink

Referee
adamkungl said:
Myth...for an example, compare how many people turned up to rally to get this useless lot reinstated, to the amount of people who turned up to watch them constantly lose for the years since, barring this year. That's bandwagon support. 2006-2007 they had a 5000 average increase.

Roosters 07 Home average: 12014. Dragons: 12159.
So...your point = redundant. Most of NSW are either bandwagoners or too lazy to get to games. Doesn't just apply to Roosters. Previous years show similar results.

Its well known supporters from ALL clubs attended that rally for Souths.
Its well known Rooster ''fans'' go seriously missing whn the team hits the skids.
You can say it dont happen, youre wasting your time though...biggest bandwagon in the country is the Roosters

Steve Austin

Juniors
Reg Clough said:
[/b]

Mate you are the master of understatement. "somewhat better". This is like saying the twin towers were somewhat damaged.

And a bit like saying Ian Roberts is a 'little partial' to a bit of pole smoking.

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
Reg Clough said:
Muppet, c'mon your a souths supporter, you can do better than that. Your club, its officials & supporters have have made a mission of abuse - of themselves, of their own club, of every other club. If you need some help just go back over the minutes of most committee meetings of your beloved club.

Research?

Here's some research: The "club" you follow isnt a club its a joint venture.

Yes, the South Sydney Football Club is privately owned. It was quite big news about 18 months ago, Russell Crowe and his business partner bought a 75% controlling stake in the management of the club. Ironically, eventhough the club was privitised, the members gained a 25% controlling stake in the club as well. This gives us (the members) control of the intrinsic and most imprtant aspects of the club, which gives us far more say than we have ever had in the 100 years prior. If you believe that we are upset or disappointed at this (as you do, trying to use it as an insult), you are horribly mistaken.

Ourselves and Manly are owned by private investors, other Sydney clubs are essentially owned by their Leagues Clubs. Its all relative.

Reg Clough said:
As for juniors - The junior clubs of ESDRL play in the competition operated by South Sydney Juniors. No relationship to the former SSDRL now known as the Black Court League Investments Pty Ltd joint venture (or Rusty & PHacs plaything)

In fact the former SSDRL contributed zero, nil, zilch f**k all to junior rugby league over the past fifty years.

The Souths junior argument is a myth.

It isn't a myth, it is a well known fact that Souths Juniors and Seniors are different organizations. They are still Souths juniors though, aren't they? The South Sydney Football Club and Souths Juniors have always worked closely together, one of the positions on the Football Club board is held for a Juniors representative. The football club has been broke, we nearly folded in the early 70's, and haven't had the means to contribute much to the Juniors, I won't lie.

But there is a big difference between what has happened at Souths and a supposedly affluent club (Sydney) threatening to withdraw what little funding it already provides. Why is this? Pokie taxes (or the fact that Sydney don't care to identify or foster the support of the local community? Working from the top down has always been the mantra). We enjoy being owned by Crowe and Holmes a Court as much as you enjoy being owned by Easts Leagues club, but I know which position I'd rather be in.

Dave Q

Coach
Im a rooster blooster lad, I squawk and play all day.
Im offloading Harrsion for Willies massive pay.
Shrekky here and Mylesy and Minichello too
Its a pity they'll all hit the deck when South Sydney says "boo!"

Galeforce

Bench
Reg Clough said:
[/b]

Yes that is right , marginally better . Since 1970 , souths have won 2 premierships and Roosters have won 3. OR since 1990 Souths have won Zero and Roosters 1.

Either way you cut it , i would be embarassed if i was a Roosters fan and crowed how much better than Souths you have been recently and yet you have so little to show for it!!

Though the Rooster fan measure of success is different to Souths , i suppose. however i would rather have some stinker years and more success than an above average loser record like the Roosters.

As for last two years

Souths made the finals once and Roosters Zero.

As for the years since i started attending games back in 1967

Souths have won 4 premierships and Roosters 3. I know however how meticulous the Roosers are about defining what current history should be , i guess it is all that practice with managing Salary caps.

Latest posts