What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The rivalry between Souths and Easts just got bigger...

Ziggy the God

First Grade
Reg Clough said:
Muppet, c'mon your a souths supporter, you can do better than that. Your club, its officials & supporters have have made a mission of abuse - of themselves, of their own club, of every other club. If you need some help just go back over the minutes of most committee meetings of your beloved club.

Research?

Here's some research: The "club" you follow isnt a club its a joint venture.

As for juniors - The junior clubs of ESDRL play in the competition operated by South Sydney Juniors. No relationship to the former SSDRL now known as the Black Court League Investments Pty Ltd joint venture (or Rusty & PHacs plaything)

In fact the former SSDRL contributed zero, nil, zilch f**k all to junior rugby league over the past fifty years.

The Souths junior argument is a myth.

Fact: The Roosters have a total of 4 Junior Football clubs :lol:
Fact: Those 4 Football clubs play in the South Sydney Juniors Comp :lol:
Fact: Your club is looking to pull funding from those 4 clubs :x
Fact: By denying funding to those 4 clubs, your Senior club is a disgrace :x

Reg Clough

Juniors
Ziggy the God said:
Fact: The Roosters have a total of 4 Junior Football clubs :lol:
Fact: Those 4 Football clubs play in the South Sydney Juniors Comp :lol:
Fact: Your club is looking to pull funding from those 4 clubs :x
Fact: By denying funding to those 4 clubs, your Senior club is a disgrace :x

Yep your right - 4 clubs. Well done sherlock.
Yep your right they play in the Souths Juniors comp - well done again sherlock.
"Pull funding" - you must have read that in the paper. Therefore it must be right. I also read in the paper the world may end in 2012. Damn. No chance for that elusive next premiership for Souths then.

I am hurt somewhat by your description of my club as a disgrace. Because if anyone knows what a disgrace is its a Souths suppoorter. After all your club has been just that for 30 years.

PS Here a tip. Get yourself a black & white TV. You know why?

The old grainy replays of Souths last premiorship win come up much better on them.

Heres some other things that happened in 1971:

You get the drift here dont you.

RoostarGirl

Juniors
SSFC Hitman said:
You say you don't care and then write a whole paragraph about Souths. Hmmm.

As much as you might not want to admit it...you care about Souths as I care about the Roosters. I care about the Roosters health and future tbh....cause after Round 1 next year they'll have no fans after seeing the Might Rabbits demolish them.:lol: :D

Souths = zero care factor.

Look forward to seeing you at that match:D

Ziggy the God

First Grade
Reg Clough said:
Yep your right - 4 clubs. Well done sherlock.
Yep your right they play in the Souths Juniors comp - well done again sherlock.
"Pull funding" - you must have read that in the paper. Therefore it must be right. I also read in the paper the world may end in 2012. Damn. No chance for that elusive next premiership for Souths then.

I am hurt somewhat by your description of my club as a disgrace. Because if anyone knows what a disgrace is its a Souths suppoorter. After all your club has been just that for 30 years.

Yes a disgrace to RL, because your club clearly doesn't mind other sports moving onto your turf:

Junior footy faces cuts by Roosters

Budget cuts at the Sydney Roosters Football Club are set to have a dramatic impact on four junior rugby league teams in the Eastern Suburbs, including the Clovelly Crocodiles.
Sydney Roosters Junior League manager, Brian Sinclair, confirmed that there had been "a tightening of the budget across the entire club".
The Crocodiles, along with the Bondi United, Paddington Tigers and St Charles junior teams, are in negotiations with the Roosters regarding funding for the 2008 season.
Mr Sinclair declined to specify how much each club usually received, but said it was a "substantial amount".
"All departments are being told to reduce spending and all the departments in the football club have reviewed their expenditure and are attempting to reduce it," he said.
The uncertainty regarding junior league funding comes at a delicate time for the Roosters, who are in the race to lure one of league's highest paid stars, Willie Mason.
In an unsigned letter obtained by the Courier, representatives from the four junior clubs requested clarification from Roosters chairman, Nick Politis, as to the financial support they would receive in 2008.
The letter requested that the board look to other areas under their control, rather than the junior league clubs, if "financial adjustments are to be made".
"Any adjustments to your financial support will have a detrimental effect on our business and result in a loss of our participants to other codes or possibly away from sport altogether."
The letter referred to the "mission statement that appears on the Easts website", which states that one of the objectives of the club is "to support and propagate rugby league in the Eastern Suburbs".
Mr Sinclair said that the Roosters were committed to "propagating" rugby league in the area.
"We are currently trying to work out the amount of funding that will be given to the clubs. We are definitely not pulling the funding; we are trying to come to some arrangement. We don't want to cut the junior league clubs off at the knees but we are having to look at the club's finances across the board," he said.
Clovelly Crocodiles president Eugene Sangster said that the club was waiting to hear from the Roosters' board.
"We are still waiting on confirmation from the board as to what figure they are prepared to contribute and we will take it from there," Mr Sangster said.
He said the Clovelly Crocodiles would "definitely not" be looking elsewhere for support and that he knew the Roosters would "contribute some amount".
Representatives from the other junior league teams said they were also waiting to hear from the Roosters' board.

http://www.villagevoice.com.au/article/20071113/SPT05/711120312/Junior+footy+faces+cuts+by+Roosters

Don't worry chump, we are happy to take them off your hands, because your club clearly doesn't give a f**k about the propogation of the game.

thommo4pm

Coach
Go the Bunnies.
:D

Cheering on the Rorters = all 250 Roosters Supporters. Which includes about 200 bandwagon supporters.

Cheering on the bunnies = the rest of the Rugby League following community.

Go the Bunnies.
:D

miccle

Bench
thommo4pm said:
Which includes about 200 bandwagon supporters.

What bandwagon, exactly, would they be jumping on?

I dislike the Rabbits and Roosters equally, but the Roosters **** crowds as the team has slid down the ladder in recent seasons at least ensures that the vast majority there in the red white and blue are somewhat geniune, no?

Choppies

Coach
miccle said:

I dislike the Rabbits and Roosters equally, but the Roosters **** crowds as the team has slid down the ladder in recent seasons at least ensures that the vast majority there in the red white and blue are somewhat geniune, no?

I wouldn't worry about him mate. He is a professional ass licker.

A couple of years back he was over on the wall sucking up to everyone saying "oh I like the Roosters don't like Souths etc etc" :lol:

If the old wall still existed I'd dig up his posts so we could all have a good laugh at this turncoat.
Funny how he is now lecturing on bandwagon fans :lol:

miccle

Bench
Choppies said:

A couple of years back he was over on the wall sucking up to everyone saying "oh I like the Roosters don't like Souths etc etc" :lol:

If the old wall still existed I'd dig up his posts so we could all have a good laugh at this turncoat.

'tis also funny how Souths fans lecture others about on-field success and, in particular, poaching these days!

thommo4pm

Coach
Choppies said:

Mate I liked the old wall, had some good posters there.
Super Mario, Danish, Lauren, PIM Vers even the Killer Clown made me laugh...among others.
I never stated I hated Souths in there....don't go making up stories to suit your argument here.
I'm not a turncoat, my love is and always will be the Dragons, but I'm sick of seeing you blokes at the Roosters try and buy every talent available and not develop your own.

I don't like Souths and if you read this thread correctly you would see that I said I'm cheering for Souths against you lot then will go back to having no time for them.

Why is it funny I'm lecturing on bandwagon fans?
How bad were your crowds in the last few seasons? In comparison to your "glory" years.
Fickle fans perhaps at the Roosters?
Saints had a crappy year, at least I turned up to every one of their matches at home and all the ones I could get to away.

thommo4pm

Coach
miccle said:

Miccle...you watch their crowds closely next season.
Will start off well with the promise off anew season and when they see that the team is going nowhere they'll disappear again.
That is bandwagon support.

The Roosters like most other clubs have a core group of diehards, albeit smaller then most others.

miccle

Bench
thommo4pm said:
Miccle...you watch their crowds closely next season.
Will start off well with the promise off anew season and when they see that the team is going nowhere they'll disappear again.
That is bandwagon support.

The Roosters like most other clubs have a core group of diehards, albeit smaller then most others.

But the ones that turn up week in week out, like those from all struggling clubs, should at least be respected. There might not be THAT many of them, but there are clearly a core group of a few thousand tricolours that you see at Aussie rain, hail or shine.

thommo4pm

Coach
miccle said:
But the ones that turn up week in week out, like those from all struggling clubs, should at least be respected. There might not be THAT many of them, but there are clearly a core group of a few thousand tricolours that you see at Aussie rain, hail or shine.

Miccle, I'm not having a go at those supporters, and the post was meant as a tounge in cheek type comment.
Lighten up a little mate, the Roosters are known down here among other team supporters to have the most bandwagon fans.

Yes they have their core supporters of which there are a few posters on this website, and good luck to them. The people I just referred to are not bandwagon supporters and I respect them the way I respect any League follower who follows their team through good and bad times.

adamkungl

Immortal
thommo4pm said:
Lighten up a little mate, the Roosters are known down here among other team supporters to have the most bandwagon fans.

Myth...for an example, compare how many people turned up to rally to get this useless lot reinstated, to the amount of people who turned up to watch them constantly lose for the years since, barring this year. That's bandwagon support. 2006-2007 they had a 5000 average increase.

Roosters 07 Home average: 12014. Dragons: 12159.
So...your point = redundant. Most of NSW are either bandwagoners or too lazy to get to games. Doesn't just apply to Roosters. Previous years show similar results.

Dave Q

Coach
I am a rooster blooster lad,
c**k a doodle do
I sqawk about in Bondi,
Dodging doggy do
I buy the bulldogs players
Cos my juniors are all stuffed
I buy a car from Nicholas
And then I pretend Im tough.

Rooster Blooster Rooster Squawk!
Rooster all day long
And I ....

BANG!

Dave Q

Coach
Click! Click!

Go on Rooster Blooster lads you know you love it!

Stop fluttering your eyelashes at us in public.

Just be going on with it as per usual. You know, bending over to kiss our fluffy white tails!

The natural state of a Sydney Rooster lad is in a state of worship of Souths!

Run Willie, Hide!

Here comes your mate Roy!

Im a Rooster Blooster lad ta de dum te dah!

Come on Adam, whats the matter? Rabbitoh got your tongue?!!

Latest posts