What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Roast

El Diablo

Post Whore
I understand you like Hunt but please. The amount of times NRL shows talk about other sports is border-line geniused.

has massive manlove for Folau too

weird considering both pissed off from his club to fumbleball

BunniesMan

Immortal
It wasn't a serious argument. After it Voss threatened to show some Union aswell, obviously trying to annoy them.

As for the initial thing. I problem disagree with showing the AFL clip but at the same time them making an issue of it turned a 10 second segment into a minute long segment and just gave it more airtime, taking away from other issues.

If they said "Hunt scores a goal, nice effort, next topic" EVERYONE would have forgotten about it almost immediatley. Instead we're all talking about it now because of Gus/MG.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Also, there was a socceroo on this weeks Footy show and there'll be another one next week, so it's not like this is a new trend.

Johns Magic

Referee
Loved hearing Sterlo take the piss out of Voss during the Titans-Dogs match on Friday night for saying "the Titans have to score more than 20 points when you factor in that Barba still has to score his try" in complete seriousness when the score was 14-0 just before half-time.

Big Pete

Referee
has massive manlove for Folau too

Which isn't anywhere as big as your man love for Geoff Carr. But it's okay, he'll stop all those dasterdly waterboys from supporting developing league nations!

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Which isn't anywhere as big as your man love for Geoff Carr. But it's okay, he'll stop all those dasterdly waterboys from supporting developing league nations!

No one loves Geoff Carr BP.

He's the king merkinry. Exactly the type of guy who holds the game back in the stone age, professionalism and business wise. Same for the silly old merkins at the QRL.

Self interested old Dinosaurs.

Apey

Staff member
It stumps me that it gets a mention at all. There's been 4 football games played so far this weekend as well as Origin match, since their last show. Hunt playing AFL shouldn't come close to rating a mention.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Check out the NSW Clubs forced out of Qld Cup thread Ronnie. It'll change your mind.

No. It won't.

They're all the same ilk mate. As I've said, Geoff Carr is a piece of shit. Cheap politicking and petty agendas are rife throughout the game and always have been. On both sides of the border.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
You're not a blind Hunt / Folau supporter?

I'm certain you can justify that you're not, just like whoever it is you're talking about can justify their views.

Big Pete

Referee
All I've asked for Folau is for proof that he had said something - Diablo couldn't comply.

All I said here is that it's an overeaction, they've bagged Hunt (fairly) but when it came time to give him credit where it's due they have an issue with mentioning AFL.

I don't have an issue with people bagging them for being missionaries.

Meanwhile Diablo and co. have any issue with anybody putting any s**t at all on Carr.

I hate how Voss always talks about other codes into his segments/discussions on RL shows. Definitely happy that someone finally called him out for it.

jamoss

Juniors
Gus is a TOTAL moron.. I am soooo sick of that guy and his ego, it totally ruins the coverage for me.. Voss shows a 2 second clip becsuse it conatined an ex NRL player, a 2 sec clip isnt promoting AFL its just reflecting on the fact Hunt has left and showing how it has unfolded for him.. A short clip doesnt suddenly mean the fight for greater western sydney is dead and buried.. get real. Voss would have been just as likely to show a shot of sunny bill or mundine fighting or gasnier playing in pink a few years back for union side, and it would have been intended the say way as harmless news.. Its clear Voss loves NRL he's not going to do anything to deliberately undermine it.

Gus on the other hand is like a dog with no bite, he has a dummy spit like a 2yr old but never acts.. If he is so full of conviction why didnt he walk off ??? because he is a flake, he's too gutless! Same reason he wont coach nowdays because he is too coward to stand up when the pressure is on..

If the underlying message was that you shouldnt promote rival codes who might hurt league then its an honourable message and easy to agree on that side but when you consider context its a a major overreaction, not to mention ridiculously unprofessional having your dummy spit on TV and threatening the host..

I pity the penrith players forced to deal with that guy i really do...

Gus is a TOTAL moron.. I am soooo sick of that guy and his ego, it totally ruins the coverage for me.. Voss shows a 2 second clip becsuse it conatined an ex NRL player, a 2 sec clip isnt promoting AFL its just reflecting on the fact Hunt has left and showing how it has unfolded for him.. A short clip doesnt suddenly mean the fight for greater western sydney is dead and buried.. get real. Voss would have been just as likely to show a shot of sunny bill or mundine fighting or gasnier playing in pink a few years back for union side, and it would have been intended the say way as harmless news.. Its clear Voss loves NRL he's not going to do anything to deliberately undermine it.

Gus on the other hand is like a dog with no bite, he has a dummy spit like a 2yr old but never acts.. If he is so full of conviction why didnt he walk off ??? because he is a flake, he's too gutless! Same reason he wont coach nowdays because he is too coward to stand up when the pressure is on..

If the underlying message was that you shouldnt promote rival codes who might hurt league then its an honourable message and easy to agree on that side but when you consider context its a a major overreaction, not to mention ridiculously unprofessional having your dummy spit on TV and threatening the host..

I pity the penrith players forced to deal with that guy i really do...

NRL shows shouldn't promote other sports especially AFL considering the way they treat us. Simple. If people want to see how Hunt is going then they can watch the AFL footy show. Most nrl fans don't care.

jamoss

Juniors
5 seconds of news wouldnt reasonably be considered promoting.. I would say the soccer player on the footy show doing a 15 minute interview qualifies and in that example i agree it is wrong, but Gus's knee jerk response to this was almost psychotic.. without a doubt he has some sort of personality disorder but im not a shrink and i dont really care to find out. I just wish he would get off my TV.

DC_fan

Coach
It was all a put on, a con job. Seems some here fell for it.

They would have discussed before the show what they were going to talk about.

Latest posts