What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Roast

BunniesMan

Immortal
It was all a put on, a con job. Seems some here fell for it.

They would have discussed before the show what they were going to talk about.
I think I agree with this line of thought.

People don't understand what goes into creating an hour of television.

They don't just show up to the studio at 11:59am, and say "so boys, what are we going to talk about now".

Every minute of that show is preplanned. Including that bit. Not one of the 4 were surprised by it.

Apey

Staff member
It was all a put on, a con job. Seems some here fell for it.

They would have discussed before the show what they were going to talk about.

Yeah if you watched the Roast regularly you would realise they obviously don't talk about every single little thing that will be on there before the show. The structure is mediocre at best.

Edit: I should use Sunday FS as a good comparison, seeing as it is on air immediately beforehand. They clearly talk about everything that will be brought up prior to going on air.

Last edited:

Brutus

Referee
Every time cutie ir Falonk do something good in fumbleball we can expect to see it on the Roast by the looks of it.

f**k off Voss. I reckon Gould and MG will walk if they show that shit again.

In saying that, Voss is a passionate RL man. He just needs to get his priorities in order on a RL show.

Last edited:

jamoss

Juniors
from what i can tell most TV shows have a general running sheet of points that will be discussed but these kinda talk shows arent scripted down to every last detail.. this didnt look planned to me, i could see they may have disagreed about whether or not to show a clip 30 minutes beforehand but the fact it went ahead and the real venom from Gould in the repsonse wasnt a joke, from the body language it looked real to me.

5 seconds of news wouldnt reasonably be considered promoting.. I would say the soccer player on the footy show doing a 15 minute interview qualifies and in that example i agree it is wrong, but Gus's knee jerk response to this was almost psychotic.. without a doubt he has some sort of personality disorder but im not a shrink and i dont really care to find out. I just wish he would get off my TV.

Where's the line drawn then? if 5 seconds is okay, then what about 20 seconds? 1 minute? I tune into the Roast to watch a RL show, not to see what Karmichael Hunt, Money Bill Williams or any other code hoppers are doing. It's the same thing with Vossy's footy show segment stuff you may have missed, it's roughly 50% league, 40% AFL, Union, Soccer and other sports and 10% random crap. Someone needs to tell Voss if he wants to have a gig on a RL show he stick to just RL.

mongoose

Coach
I dont think it was a big deal at all. That clip says more about the talent of rugby league players more than it promotes AFL. Hunt nailed a running kick from 50m... there are many AFL players who have played their whole lives who couldn't do that. Don't know why so many league fans and Gould of all people are so insecure...

DC_fan

Coach
Yeah if you watched the Roast regularly you would realise they obviously don't talk about every single little thing that will be on there before the show. The structure is mediocre at best.

I watch it about 95 percent of the time. While the structure can be mediocre there would be pre-production meetings.

I have no doubt it was all a put on.

jamoss

Juniors
Where's the line drawn then? if 5 seconds is okay, then what about 20 seconds? 1 minute? I tune into the Roast to watch a RL show, not to see what Karmichael Hunt, Money Bill Williams or any other code hoppers are doing. It's the same thing with Vossy's footy show segment stuff you may have missed, it's roughly 50% league, 40% AFL, Union, Soccer and other sports and 10% random crap. Someone needs to tell Voss if he wants to have a gig on a RL show he stick to just RL.

Its silly to get into hypotheticals about AFL games being shown for periods such as a minute.. Its clear that wouldnt happen and even a short clip is not going to be shown without some connection to NRL which it had in Hunts kick, which i was interested in seeing..

I dont like code hoppers either and i can see why people would be concerned about protecting NRL, i thought it was wrong when the thursday night footy show had the soccer player on there for a long interview, it makes no sense to have segments about other sports but in this instance its was very short and related to NRL and Goulds reaction was just way over the top and thats ultimately what im sick of. His temper tantrums and immature behaviour are cringeworthy.. It is so unprofessional to watch someone behave like him on TV, and its a real discredit to channel 9s management.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
Its silly to get into hypotheticals about AFL games being shown for periods such as a minute.. Its clear that wouldnt happen and even a short clip is not going to be shown without some connection to NRL which it had in Hunts kick, which i was interested in seeing..

I dont like code hoppers either and i can see why people would be concerned about protecting NRL, i thought it was wrong when the thursday night footy show had the soccer player on there for a long interview, it makes no sense to have segments about other sports but in this instance its was very short and related to NRL and Goulds reaction was just way over the top and thats ultimately what im sick of. His temper tantrums and immature behaviour are cringeworthy.. It is so unprofessional to watch someone behave like him on TV, and its a real discredit to channel 9s management.

Thursday night show isn't a pure RL show, never has been, the Sunday shows are.

f**k the AFL.

They only mention RL on any of their shows to rubbish it or pat themselves on the back.

The NRL footy show has for years had people from all sports on there, same can't be said of the Victorian equivalent.

Apey

Staff member
While the structure can be mediocre there would be pre-production meetings.

Of course there are meetings. They would go over the general outline of the show, including the major segments & discussions that will take place. It seems pretty clear to me that some of their 'minor' segments are not planned at all - rather just done on the spot, that is why they often stray from the point so much. Voss as the primary host would also receive far more information on the show outline than the others.

I don't understand how you could think Gus was aware that was going to be talked about, but each to their own.

you said a 5 second clip is not an advertisement for the AFL, where is the line drawn then? It's a RL show, there had been 4 games in the 48 hours prior to the show, an Origin mid week, and another 3 from the previous weekend after their last show. 8 games of football they could be covering in an hour, why do they waste time showing the AFL? If I was interested in how cutie is faring in the AFL, I'll watch an AFL show.

El Diablo

Post Whore
you said a 5 second clip is not an advertisement for the AFL, where is the line drawn then? It's a RL show, there had been 4 games in the 48 hours prior to the show, an Origin mid week, and another 3 from the previous weekend after their last show. 8 games of football they could be covering in an hour, why do they waste time showing the AFL? If I was interested in how cutie is faring in the AFL, I'll watch an AFL show.

and if Gould and MG hadn't said what they did then Voss would have probably raved on for 5 minutes about the silly game last night

it's a RL show, not an AFL one

Big Pete

Referee
you're a dead set idiot

agreeing with that decision is not manlove for Carr

perhaps you need to read it again http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=353547

Not the first time you've stood up for Carr despite his pettiness. Water boys be damned remember.

But really just goes to show you're a hypocrite, all I ask for is proof to back up your points and you get all s**tty because you can't produce it and accuse me of loving somebody I've never met.

Then again, you do have bigger interests to worry about - like crying about Dugan.

DecoyRunner

Juniors
Let me jump on the F*ck Off TK Bandwagon. Personally, I hate him for his weasel face and the way he takes two minutes to say nothing at all.

Latest posts