What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Roosters' bandwagon

nqboy

First Grade
Would it be premature to publish a death announcement for the demise of the Roosters' bandwagon?

I know the Storm aren't a big drawing team and it was a hot, humid day (Really? Forgive my scepticism) but are there any other excuses for drawing only 10,841?

OVP

Coach
well last year we only got 7 thousand for the Storm. So its actually an improvement.

Danish

Referee
Storm games are always the lowest drawing games on any teams calendar.

10K was good enough for me. The average will be boosted more than enough over the next couple weeks (although i doubt many raiders will turn up after their 70 point thrashing)

Choppies

Coach
The Raiders army is pretty good Danish. They will fill up half a bay at least i would say.
My prediction for the Raiders V Roosters game is 10-15K.

Choppies

Coach
nqboy said:
Choppies10K was what I was expecting against the Storm.
Why so few?

Because it'e the Storm. Our casual fans only go to see the Roosters play Sydney based clubs for some odd reason. It's a disgrace I know but what can ya do. I and the rest of the diehards turn up every week I don't care who they are playing or how they are going in the comp but that's just my diehard sports attitude coming through.

Danish

Referee
Choppies said:
The Raiders army is pretty good Danish. They will fill up half a bay at least i would say.
My prediction for the Raiders V Roosters game is 10-15K.

It will no doubt be alot better than today given there were at best 1-200 storm fans there (being VERY generous).

But there will always be a few less willing to do the 3 hour trip after that sort of thrashing. I'd say 12K+ without doubt, but i'd want our average crowd to be around the 15-17K mark.

nqboy

First Grade
Choppies said:
Because it'e the Storm. Our casual fans only go to see the Roosters play Sydney based clubs for some odd reason. It's a disgrace I know but what can ya do. I and the rest of the diehards turn up every week I don't care who they are playing or how they are going in the comp but that's just my diehard sports attitude coming through.
Fair enough. What would you have got a couple of years ago when the Roosters ruled the roost?

aids

Bench
too bad, a lot of fans missed out on a good game today.
althought roosters lost, i thought it was a pretty entertaining game.
the last charge was very exciting

does that 3 for 2 deal bring any extras out?

Choppies

Coach
aids said:
too bad, a lot of fans missed out on a good game today.
althought roosters lost, i thought it was a pretty entertaining game.
the last charge was very exciting

does that 3 for 2 deal bring any extras out?

I'm reading the leaflet now and I think it's for the whole year.
Easts have also brought out a Marquee season ticket which I think is a great Idea. It gives you entry to the games against thw Broncos, Rabbitohs, 2nd Dragon game, the the Bulldogs and I think someone else.

Choppies

Coach
Well considering we havent played the Storm at home in 03-05 the only real crowd you can compare it to is the game against Nth Qld in 2003 which was 9,123.
I base the Nth Qld comparisin on them not having many fans in Sydney (at the time)

aids

Bench
cowboys and storm have a very proud and loud group of supporters that travel
the guys that came to the liechardt game from melbourne were great.
really stired up the crowd as well.

Choppies

Coach
The Storm supporters were there today and good on em too. Nice little group with the potential to grow bigger.
I'm not sure if it was a Melbourne based group or a Sydney based group or not.