What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Parko1310

Juniors
Just wanted to mention how completely out of touch the club is with the fan base. Had Craig Young of all people delivering the match ball last night and expected everyone to cheer him on. One, do they not remember less than 12 months ago that he wrote a reference for a child predator on club letterhead? And two, do they not know how unpopular he is with most fans due to his incompetence on the board and the fact that he still meddles with the club in the background from the St George side? So f**king useless and out of touch it’s disgraceful.

ChocOConnor

Juniors
You know why the club is getting a refurb. They are cash and asset rich and paying way too much tax. I bet they will be borrowing around 30% if the cost as they have the money banked. Now you can see why the BOD feel like they are invincible. Look at our balance sheet they say. No you morons look around at how you have run a powerful entity into the ground. They are the Mob in clubland. Teflon untouchable. May be time to take them out. Anyone got Sammy the Bulls number

RedVee_8

Juniors
St George Leagues Club apparently in line for a $200 million upgrade next year. Nothing in the media as yet.
Includes bars, restaurants and yep, the auditorium.
Club manager Danny Robinson resigned earlier this year. Craig Epton is the new CEO.
Club turnover is on the up.
The Prince would be well into the retirement age bracket. I’d suggest he retired except I bet that he will have picked up a part time earn as a consultant somewhere.

thebigredv

First Grade
Just wanted to mention how completely out of touch the club is with the fan base. Had Craig Young of all people delivering the match ball last night and expected everyone to cheer him on. One, do they not remember less than 12 months ago that he wrote a reference for a child predator on club letterhead? And two, do they not know how unpopular he is with most fans due to his incompetence on the board and the fact that he still meddles with the club in the background from the St George side? So f**king useless and out of touch it’s disgraceful.
Totally agree. Way out of touch but at the end of the day 10000+ turned up to the game.

It's too much support.

Completely those people's perogative to do what they want with their Saturday night and their money but the players and the board don't deserve a half-filled Kogarah. The effort on field just proved it a bit like Lance Thompson's memorial game - completely devoid of professionalism or heart. Look at this website. 2.6 million posts from Dragons fans, far more than any other club. The fans are rusted on, the fan base is strong and yet the results are allowed to roll out without accountability from those running the club and the likes of Haran - now there's a bloke the fans have no respect for.

Maybe crowd numbers don't mean much anymore with tv audience being what Vlandys really cares for. I sit here bitter and twisted but now with our club entrenched as one of the weaker outfits, I too don't know how else to feel about it.

Lennyb

Juniors
I was half way through a rant on how the Stgeorge side of the venture is dirty and then I deleted it .

If I was a Gordan, I would do the same.

The audacity of handing the ball over. Shows no shame. Which is very very concerning. Wake up, old school staunch St George only supporters.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I was half way through a rant on how the Stgeorge side of the venture is dirty and then I deleted it .

If I was a Gordan, I would do the same.

The audacity of handing the ball over. Shows no shame. Which is very very concerning. Wake up, old school staunch St George only supporters.
Not sure what point you're trying to make, but Gordon is there for one reason. But that reason is not for the team, the Club or the fans.

TheRev

Coach
As for recruitment, yes I think the club are realising they need to think outside the box now.. Flanno is going to have to fight and scrap to extract anyone half decent for next season.

As for Amone, I've been one of his critics for 2yrs.. as I thought he needed to be in reserve grade to learn how to be a 5/8 against real defensive lines... and assumed Sullivan would take his spot soon enough.. but Amone never seemed to get injured.. unheard of for a young playmaker... and Bud.. well he was injured everytime the opportunity came.. but anyway im not particularly attached to Amone, i'm open to whatever, and I also think Amone might end up a ctr anyway.. however .. I dont think hes nearly as bad as he appears in games like last weekend.. he gets the ball in sh*t situations, thanks to Hunt.. and with no support players running lines to actually force a decision from the defender.. hes literally a running duck who gets smashed by multiple defenders.. a duck playing on the wrong side of the field also.. i.e. playing without his best weapon.

I think with a halfback playing left side and a coach who has a clue, Amone's footwork should generate plenty of point scoring opportunities.. but our halfback doesnt play left.. and Amone isnt a future immortal either.. but he is tough, rarely gets injured, probably could play centre(or lock one day), whatever the coach wants to do.. or more to the point is forced to do through lack of options so close to 2024.. im alright with.. im not that attached to anyone anymore.. thats how awful our roster is.. combined with the hook, mary and price extensions.. the 19 losses in a year.. im numb to really everyone in our roster.. perhaps other than S'ua & Lomax.

Well if Jacob Preston is the disgruntled Bulldog who has been on a forced suspension holiday
Dont expect him to like us anymore than the Grubs, as did I read that he went AWOL because the training was too strenuous for him. We now have a conditioning guru on staff who we expect will drive our unfit players into the ground in the off season. No this club has to be looking for warriors not powder puffs like Preston, and hearing there are others in the Kennel disgruntled for the same reason.

The Word

Juniors
Both of the sides of the board are shit in every possible way. Incompetent pricks the lot of them.
My thoughts on this are that the 50/50 ownership structure is what is holding us back.

I really can't see why any owner would want to put their own cash in to a club if they only own 50%.

The only sensible way forward for the club is to push for a single owner scenario.