What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Dragon David

First Grade
He is a mediocre signing at best nothing more than a Josh Mcrone part 2 .
And probably wouldn't have an NRL contract in 24 if his dad wasn't the coach of the Dragons .
KF's days at the Roosters and Bulldogs were definitely not brilliant to say the least. His contract at the Bulldogs came to an end last weekend and I feel sure that as there was little interest shown in him from other clubs here and abroad, Shane knew this and I have a feeling that Shane's head coaching deal was on the basis, among other things, that he would coach the Dragons if Kyle was given a contract with the club. It probably isn't a massive deal and it is for only 2 years but I am sure that young Kyle will put in a lot of effort to prove that he is worthy of playing in the NRL and particularly to help out his Dad and vice versa.

So I agree jackmac that he probably would not have a contract for 2024 if his Dad wasn't a head coach.

I hope that things work out for the both of them. I am sure that Shane would have had many talks about footy with Kyle during his Roosters/Bulldogs days with some pointers etc.

jackmac

Juniors
KF's days at the Roosters and Bulldogs were definitely not brilliant to say the least. His contract at the Bulldogs came to an end last weekend and I feel sure that as there was little interest shown in him from other clubs here and abroad, Shane knew this and I have a feeling that Shane's head coaching deal was on the basis, among other things, that he would coach the Dragons if Kyle was given a contract with the club. It probably isn't a massive deal and it is for only 2 years but I am sure that young Kyle will put in a lot of effort to prove that he is worthy of playing in the NRL and particularly to help out his Dad and vice versa.

So I agree jackmac that he probably would not have a contract for 2024 if his Dad wasn't a head coach.

I hope that things work out for the both of them. I am sure that Shane would have had many talks about footy with Kyle during his Roosters/Bulldogs days with some pointers etc.
I strongly believe the reason Flanagan put up no resistance to Sullivans release request was
to get his boys foot in the door , conversely i also think Sullivan and his manager knew as much .
I remember a few interviews with flanagan early doors and he brushed any positive talk of Bud aside pretty
quickly ..

Last edited:

Gareth67

First Grade
You need flanno. You don’t need Kyle. Awful signing. Whoever said he was good at the sharks, no he wasn’t. Save this post.
You undoubtedly know your sharks better than I , however how old was he then 19 - 20 ? Still with his first set of teeth .

I believed that he would improve his game as he matured and may yet do so . He is quite handy with his boot something that the Dragons badly require so hopefully he will prove his doubters wrong and become a permanent fixture in our squad .

Murfy

Juniors
I strongly believe the reason Flanagan put up no resistance to Sullivans release request was
to get his boys foot in the door , conversely i also think Sullivan and his manager knew as much .
I remember a few interviews with flanagan early doors and he brushed any positive talk of Bud aside pretty
quickly ..
I think Flanagan realised having Hunt on 1mil and Amone and Sullivan on 500k each is poor roster management. You can’t have 500k of your cap playing reserve grade every week. He chose Amone over Sullivan and has replaced him with someone on bottom dollar that can also play 6/7/9

TheRev

Coach
Halfbacks dont usually peak till Age 28 onwards (bit like props), it often takes them a few goes... this kid is still 24.. and his best footy is still ahead of him. If we cant make a really good 6, 7, 9 or 14 out of him.. on a mid-grade salary.. I'll be very surprised.

And even if we fail.. we need a guy like this in our system, outstanding at cup level like 'outstanding' and there is no way someone like Herring comes in if Ben Hunt does his ACL tomorrow..

And finally we desperately need that goalkicking option.. we are deadset 0% to win without a fit Lomax currently... especially with our other options in Lobb and Sullivan leaving.

jackmac

Juniors
I think Flanagan realised having Hunt on 1mil and Amone and Sullivan on 500k each is poor roster management. You can’t have 500k of your cap playing reserve grade every week. He chose Amone over Sullivan and has replaced him with someone on bottom dollar that can also play 6/7/9
Thats great but id rather spend a couple hundred thousand extra on a player that might
do something that wins us games then save a few bucks for for someone who has proven
he can't , hasn't and wont win us games .

dragon thomo

Juniors
There is a lot of clowns on this forum that Sook and whinge about anything Flannagan does even before he coaches a game. They whinge if we don't sign players and then Sook again when we do. I will be concerned if we don't sign a couple of descent backs and forwards but let's wait as he had only just got the coaches role. Remember he has made good players into top players before.

Squid1

Juniors
There is a lot of clowns on this forum that Sook and whinge about anything Flannagan does even before he coaches a game. They whinge if we don't sign players and then Sook again when we do. I will be concerned if we don't sign a couple of descent backs and forwards but let's wait as he had only just got the coaches role. Remember he has made good players into top players before.
Well said cheers

Rocket Rod

Juniors
You need flanno. You don’t need Kyle. Awful signing. Whoever said he was good at the sharks, no he wasn’t. Save this post.
Let’s just reserve judgement until he has a chance to realise whatever potential he has. He wouldn’t have been anywhere as expensive as most playmakers who think they are nrl version of Ronaldo.
Btw how did Duges go @800k pa and Johnson on abt same?

JubileeJeffro

Juniors
Thats great but id rather spend a couple hundred thousand extra on a player that might
do something that wins us games then save a few bucks for for someone who has proven
he can't , hasn't and wont win us games .
Can you remind me of the games Sullivan helped us win this year?
Most of the Sullivan hype or even Sloane and Amone for that matter is they won an SG Ball together.
what games have they helped ice in first grade…
I will reserve judgement on KF as I see him as an upgrade on Mbye but cheaper to fill the 14 position

Last edited:

Rocket Rod

Juniors
Can you remind me of the games Sullivan helped us win the year?
Most of the Sullivan hype or even Sloane and Amone for that matter is they won an SG Ball together.
what games have they helped ice in first grade…
I will reserve judgement on KF as I see him as an upgrade on Mbye but cheaper to fill the 14 position
Definitely an upgrade on Mbye at abt half the price I presume
Also remind me of how many games Capt Ben won us on abt a zillion a year

justadragon

Bench
Firstly these are my feelings and my feelings only, everyone is entitled to say and do as they please on here. I said in the beginning that I wouldn't criticise Flanno on anything prior to seeing how our team performs next year and who we manage to get as players. Having him in charge of recruiting is a big step in the right direction, does anyone recall Haran !!! My main concern is that he gets pathways back on track immediately, I put this at the highest priority. We can talk about getting marquee players all we like, if we do and he manages it, a huge bonus for us. So we train one day at KOG and he brings in KF, so what, we dont know how this is going to pan out. Everyone on here to me has RL knowledge, opinions and loves the club, we knew things were going tits up last preseason even before a ball was kicked. We all knew how this season was going to go when Hook was told to reapply for his job, game over !! Our season was done and dusted by round 5, we won 5 games in total and no away games, totally ratshit. Like everyone else I'm tired of the BS, tired of the promises, tired of not hearing the team song. But !!! I offered Chinless, Mary and Hook the decency not to send them to the gallows without justification. I will not do it to Flannagan either until I have a reason to, it will take us all about 10 seconds to work out what Flanno has done in the preseason with our first game, new attacking and defensive structures and whats more guts to fight things out when they get tough. This is all I ask. Rant Over :)

Latest posts