What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Carlton

Juniors
Yes! And we also lost some games because of our poor last line of defense
I think our fullback's defence should be better (and it has been improving slowly) but to extend that to infer it has cost us a number of games is not right. The number of games we lost due to a poor last line of defence was minimal compared to other reasons for our losses.

PS: I think our fullback play has to improve and not just as the last line of defence. Defusing kicks, organising the defence, backing up, getting the ball out from kicks, being steadier and more of a worker are all areas to be improved.

Adolf_Spritzer

Juniors
I've heard of getting cold feet whilst the ink is still dry, but this is almost unheard of in regards to a club captain. He's doing himself no favours too and this will be the last mark on his career I think (unless he drops another grandfinal) forever remembered for being a whinging bunt who couldn't hack it

blacksafake

First Grade
I am not sure what to make of this.
Did we pinch him from Gus or was he let go as he only been heading their pathways for a year or so?
Coaching has only been bits of lower grade stuff so nothing great there
I know he his local to Wollongong, but I dont think he has worked with Flanno before so who head hunted him?
I have to only assume that this is a Flanno appointment....I hope.
Welcome to the Shane and Shane show.

Attachments

• IMG_3378.png
    IMG_3378.png
    461.8 KB · Views: 106

Mjab

Juniors
Re Ben Hint

“He has an option if he doesn’t want to be at the Dragons, he can walk away from his million dollar contract, but the NRL should back the Dragons on this and say if you walk away you don’t play until this contract is ceased.”

Fox sports

After all the stuff in the last day or 2 now I think he should just f off
but I would tell any QLD clubs they can pay full contract plus give us compensation of a few hundred grand as well and see what takers he has then
He cant seriously be going to put in 110% next year as he should be on that money
terrible look for the club and club culture
I would have prefered them to keep Sullivan, take a risk and rebuild and F off players who dont want to be here including Hunt

qld redvee

Juniors
Re Ben Hint

“He has an option if he doesn’t want to be at the Dragons, he can walk away from his million dollar contract, but the NRL should back the Dragons on this and say if you walk away you don’t play until this contract is ceased.”

Fox sports
and crawley wants nrl to really investigate if he was approached by a rival club . Id say his manager will be shredding everything and ditching his mobile ( if hasnt already ) if they do investigate ben will be looking for a new manager

if they do investigate ben will be looking for a new manager
..and a new club as isnt he/manager involved in illegal activity
''He has an option if he doesn’t want to be at the Dragons, he can walk away from his million dollar contract, but the NRL should back the Dragons on this and say if you walk away you don’t play until this contract is ceased.”
Spot on Fox. Let him wallow somewhere else as the Raging Bull did for a year.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Gould recommended him which is a worry. If he liked him that much he would have kept him. I am hoping the reason he was let go was to work closer to home if he is from the gong.

I am spewing as I thought Browny would come back in that role. He would be perfect. All the best for Shane though, I hope he does well. I am sure he can't do any worse than whoever was looking after that role before.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Is Hunt seriously considering retirement? Is he talking to Pangai Jnr and looking to getting into boxing? With Ben's luck he would probably lose in Monopoly. Maybe he had another "secret" coffee with Gus? The more he talks the worse it gets.

The players from all NRL clubs out of the finals must be behaving extremely well in the off season / mad Mondays. The press have no dirt or anything to write about any player so keep going to Ben for a story. Ben must really be loving all this attention as they keep coming back for more. Good to see he has a great manager who is watching his brand as a person go down each time he opens his mouth.

I am sure he can't do any worse than whoever was looking after that role before.
Ian Millward. Other than recruiting some youngsters that are now upgraded Dragons juniors, his downside was the group of poor recruits, mostly rejects he kept inflicting on us poor suffering fans.

Kinda confused. Flanagan makes the decision which players he wants and does not want, so why the need to pay an R&R man.

Last edited:

Phantom V

Juniors
After all the stuff in the last day or 2 now I think he should just f off
but I would tell any QLD clubs they can pay full contract plus give us compensation of a few hundred grand as well and see what takers he has then
He cant seriously be going to put in 110% next year as he should be on that money
terrible look for the club and club culture
I would have prefered them to keep Sullivan, take a risk and rebuild and F off players who dont want to be here including Hunt
Agree. I’m all for Flanno being our new coach but keeping Hunt on is a head scratcher. I hope he’s got a plan because it just doesn’t make sense to me.

Dragon David

First Grade

TruSaint

Referee
Well, I've tried to look at the situation objectively. Have considered that maybe assurances were made, and not delivered on. Then I have sat back and looked at what Hunt has accomplished by being our "marque" player.

He has succeeded in earning marque money.
Being the best of a poor team he has amassed some Dally M points.
He has successfully earned his spot as Hooker/ utility for State and country.

Hunt took on a 2 year extension. Nobody forced him. Suddenly there's a 17 team in the comp which leads to player movements and demand up north. At first chance, mid season, he declares he wants out.

That request is denied. He then goes on record saying that he has spoken to our new gaffa and has no issue with HIM.

His last few media comments are tantamount to Hunt being held hostage. It's clear he doesnt rate the Club.

I have written to the Club and have in the most polite way advised them that whilst I understand the obligation for the Club to maximise any deal re Hunt, that in my view he should at the very least be stripped of the Captaincy.

He can not be our leader should he stay.