What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Pair these guys with the Couchman's and the likes of Egan and Stewart that I think will make their debuts at some stage next season, and then you've got Ackers and more, and we're spoiled for choice going into the future if they can kick on.
My views 100%. I am excited by our crop of juniors, provided we nurture the younger ones like Ackers, Stewart, Pauli, then put them on long term contracts same as the three Junior Kangaroo forwards.

Last edited:

Parko1310

Juniors
Josh Curran has been given permission to negotiate with other clubs. Two Sydney clubs have expressed interest. We could be one of them.
If we're not one of them, what are we doing? Has a good work rate and plays a position we desperately need to fill. Won't cost as much as Keon either. Good signing if we could get him. In terms of being let go by the roosters, I think that was more an opportunity thing for him to go to the warriors. Maybe Warriors are going to hit a cap bind too. Harris, Johnson, Ford need be re-signed, CNK will command more money in the future. RTS coming back, AFB on big dollars. They probably needed to squeeze someone out, and Curran fits that bill as he commands bigger dollars and doesn't start for them. He's had one off-field indiscretion for anyone concerned about that. If it's really a concern that he's gonna muck up, put a good behaviour clause in the contract, or don't sign him at all. Our staff should be doing character checks, and if he doesn't fit the bill in terms of that, don't sign him, simple. Playing-wise he'd be a great acquisition.

Victoire

Juniors
Yeah I'd grab Curran for sure. I'd actually like to give him a crack at playing lock, feel he'd be well suited to it given his body shape and work rate. You need an elite big-minute 13 these days and I think JDB is too old for it, set for a move to the front row to end his career imo. Curran has played there before briefly, and he's still only 24

Slippery Morris

First Grade
I beg to differ Slippery. If you are referring to the three Saints juniors in the Junior Kangaroos (18 yr Schoolboys), Halangahu, Finau and Loko Jr, all three stood out for mine, without a word of bias. The trio have now been put on long term contracts, is my understanding.
Sorry I meant the junior teams as no junior teams made any finals this year. The actual players that made the rep teams did well from all reports in their rep games which I am looking forward to seeing them come through.

Parko1310

Juniors
Yeah I'd grab Curran for sure. I'd actually like to give him a crack at playing lock, feel he'd be well suited to it given his body shape and work rate. You need an elite big-minute 13 these days and I think JDB is too old for it, set for a move to the front row to end his career imo. Curran has played there before briefly, and he's still only 24
I like this, but who starts on the left edge for you if this theoretically did happen? We're just so thin in the back-row.

If I remember right, we were rumoured to be interested in Curran one of the past two off seasons.
He had a bad injury and then the off field trouble.
No idea if he is a player that Flanagan thinks would suit us though.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Just seen a list of off contract players available for 2024 and wouldn't touch any of them....
I saw the list as well and it is very slim pickings indeed. Curran would be handy however and a solid buy for the Dragons. I think Saints best hope is looking overseas or hope for Nov 1 for any guys to come out and ask for a release.

I would like to see Nathan Brown given a crack under Flanno. I think Flanno can make him useful to the forward pack and would probably come cheap.

TheRev

Coach
Koloamatangi has re-signed with Souths until 2027
Not the end of the world, but yet another one we went after and missed.. Must be so deflating.. Not sure if we have to pay more overs or just keep spraying and praying we land 1 of these bigger fish.