What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

BLM01

First Grade
Not the end of the world, but yet another one we went after and missed.. Must be so deflating.. Not sure if we have to pay more overs or just keep spraying and praying we land 1 of these bigger fish.
Agree we would have paid overs for him.
Jai Arrow should be the target who we can talk to from Nov 1
He is on abt 800k a year at Souths snd they cant resign them all and is better and higher work rate than KK when not injured

Parko1310

Juniors
Yes-KK has been criticized this year for drifting in and out of matches. I'm not sure he's such a big loss.
Agreed, personally think if we could land Curran it would be better. Cheaper, and has proven he can play both second row and lock so offers us options.

I'm really hoping we can move on two more players that were tapped on the shoulder by Flanagan. Because a 2024 arrivals list of Hame Sele, Kyle Flanagan, Connor Tracey and Josh Curran isn't too bad heading into the season, and would leave us still with those two extra spots open in the 30 that Flanagan wanted to fill during the season.

Lawrie
Liddle
De Belin
Sua
Curran
Brown

Sele
F Molo
Couchman
BMM
Bird
M Molo

A lot more mongrel in the starting pack then Molo and Sele are a good rotation up front for Lawrie and De Belin after 20 mins
Like the look of this pack RedV13.

Only change for me would be Flanagan junior for BMM.
I do not see BMM in Flanagan senior's plans for 2024, plus we need back up on the bench for Liddle.
Also liked the idea mentioned in an earlier post about having a look at Arrow for 2025.
Turns 29 next year so a healthy maximum 3 year deal could sway him to move, especially if the cap at Souths is a little bit tight.

KingFlanno7

Juniors
100% keen for Curran, i dont know how much Brown has left his defence was preety average last year but if used correctly he could be a good impact player..

be55

Juniors
Its the first week of October, perhaps give the new coach more than a couple of weeks to build and shape his roster.
Good to see you posting again mate...

I was worried your stalker had found your home address, taken you, and was keeping you in his basement like something out of Silence of the Lambs

Silence Of The Lambs Skin GIF by Death Wish Coffee

redv13

Bench
Like the look of this pack RedV13.

Only change for me would be Flanagan junior for BMM.
I do not see BMM in Flanagan senior's plans for 2024, plus we need back up on the bench for Liddle.
Also liked the idea mentioned in an earlier post about having a look at Arrow for 2025.
Turns 29 next year so a healthy maximum 3 year deal could sway him to move, especially if the cap at Souths is a little bit tight.
Agree mate.
8. Lawrie
9. Liddle
10. De Belin
11. Su’a
12. Curran
13. Brown
14. Flanagan
15. Sele
16. F Molo
17. Couchman

BLM01

First Grade
How about Curran 2nd row and Nathan Brown at Lock??
No to Brown
Fell off the perch somehow in the past 2-3 years. It’s like his style of running out of the line in defence gets him in trouble today. + does not take the ball up with the same gusto he once did. He was on chicken feed at the Chooks and if they don’t want him then SL best place for him I feel. ?

thebigredv

First Grade
Let's see -

Released by his first club (Roosters) - tick
Released by his second club (Warriors) - tick
Off-field Incidents resulting in police charges - tick
Dodgy knees - tick
Likely to impede progress of promising juniors - tick

Sign him up!

Gotta take a punt on someone at this point. We wouldn't have to pay huge money and he has shown what he can do at this level before.

Bring Tracey and Curran in this year with Sele and Flannagan and at least we are a potentially much better team. Then by 2025 we've recruited the real big guns we need to start playing finals again.

lombard

Juniors
No to Brown
Fell off the perch somehow in the past 2-3 years. It’s like his style of running out of the line in defence gets him in trouble today. + does not take the ball up with the same gusto he once did. He was on chicken feed at the Chooks and if they don’t want him then SL best place for him I feel. ?
Agree with this, the speed of the game in the nrl has passed Nathan Brown. I feel like signing Brown would be like signing McGuire again. Need players on the up not 3 years past their best.

The Word

Juniors
I'd add to that Australian Rugby. The World Cup is over for us and Australian Rugby has been humiliated in the process. There are quite a few disenchanted players courtesy of Eddie Jones selection policies.
Agree. The Rugby Union salary cap is well below ours so average wages are far less. For those who make the national team the bonuses are high but for those that don't they are miles away in terms of money, so should be possible to recruit.
Identifying quality young up and comers to put into our system makes sense, gives us time to work on the different skills required.
But this is more of a side strategy really, have someone overseeing it as part of a much wider and better funded scouting and recruitment strategy aimed at strengthening our pathway systems at all levels. It has become clear that simply recruiting already established NRL players is very hard to do without paying above average for them and damaging our cap.

Josh Curran
Another reject? Am I missing something the rest of you see with this bloke. Surely we want our forwards to be running at least 90/100m and taking more than 6 hit ups per game. He does tho, have one upside, he can tackle and that is above all what we need in the middle.

Last edited:
You need an elite big-minute 13 these days and I think JDB is too old for it
Come again, Jack too old? He missed almost three seasons, so plenty of time to make up. Jack still is week in week out our most consistent player. He leads the forwards, enjoys slotting into receiver too to spark the back line and hits in tackles like a sledge hammer. He remains our best lock and possibly our best ever after Chook. He is the soul of our club. Curran couldn't walk in his shadow.

Jacks stats say it all

Last edited: