What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

denis preston

First Grade
Would think this time of year would be the slowest for League rumours, particularly now that Flanno has put a gag on himself! It will pick up mid January after the big cricket is over and be at full throttle in February with fluff pieces galore.

thebigredv

First Grade
Starting out by not bagging the club and trying to extract a move to the Bronco's
Hunt should have known that signing up for a Paul McGregor team was never going to end in glory - the glory he now long so desires. And to double down on Griffin, an even less effective coach who couldn’t assemble a half decent team, well that’s completely on Hunt. I don’t disagree with his reasons to leave because we are crap and will remain so for a little longer at least but he can sit in it just like we do. Only we don’t collect $40000 a game like he does. Poor Benny.

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade

Very clever by Manu

I see u at $950k pa Roosters and I raise u to $1.5m pa rugby so that my post football 4 year contract with Pappa Nik is $650k pa

Let me unfold 🤓lol

It’s not just about $1.25m pa the Dragons ie this scenario makes it easy for the Roosters to say we will give u $950k pa to stay, be a top4 team again, GF opportunity, live in Sydney and Papa Nick will give u that exec sales position at the car yard for $275k pa for the first 4 years at the car yard

Ie the exact difference between staying at the roosters and or joining the dragons

It’s been happening for decades

But now it is queen’s gambit

Go Manu !!!

Dragon David

First Grade
We will turn up and play great footy in 2024 I have no doubt. Forget about the ones we didn't sign. AFB was the one but Dearden was just more or less an enquiry rather than a firm offer. He wasn't coming to us.

Concentrate now on what we have and no turning back that is where we turn to now.

Last edited:

Gardenia

Bench
I was one of his biggest critics, but after this signing season from hell (hopefully that changes), I emphasize with him big time. It is beyond frustrating. They say fans patience is running out. Imagine being a competitor and playing in this team. Enough to unhinge the gentlest of personalities, which I believe was/is Hunt.

The DFL FB Brigade can rant on all they like about being positive and being a "real" fan. Wait until we actually start getting a hiding and there is blood on the football field. They will be quiet then. I am well aware of the definition of insanity. You cannot keep clutching at straws when the writing is on the wall, (ie: the recruitment has been dismal and the team is weak leading into the next season).

I would love for there to be a miracle and for this not to be the case. I sincerely hope I am eating my words with egg on my face next year!
So today I am taking all of this back

Eff It - If Højlund can do it ..... then so can we!!

Latest posts