What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
ur right
i totally forgot
you would guess though that he would be running again soon and maybe a june 30 possibility? I just think when we got RFM and Luc that shut the door ?

Or are we seeing an opportunity to move someone on from our 30 that wont play this year anyway and give Renton a red hot go at training and see what he has got?

No sal cap pressure ie doesnt count towards the cap reportedly ?
Only commit to 2024
doesnt take up a junior spot for 2025 unless he shows he has significant upside

Hugh Renton and the Highlanders got the news they were dreading yesterday.

The star No 8 has been ruled out of the remainder of the Super Rugby Pacific season.

Renton had been tentatively scheduled to make his return against the Force at the weekend after a layoff that began when he suffered a high ankle sprain in the gutsy win over the Waratahs in the third round.

But he was scratched from the bench for the Force game, and it has been determined he requires surgery that will end his campaign.

"Renton was their best player in 2023 and had started this season well.

He offers a blend of physicality and explosiveness that nobody else in the squad can match."

Last edited:

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
I’m wondering if we need a left side half because we are looking at shifting Flano from 6 to hooker with Lids ?

it probably makes sense we need a a long kicking half of which Sean sullivan does seem to be able to do

we also need a bit more play making and game management at no9

PS the same rumours around Sean Sullivan have also been circulating around re Tesi Niu the left side nugget winger off contact at the Dolphins

Wayne rated him very highly initially

but of a To’o style of a winger

Last edited:

BLM01

First Grade
I’m wondering if we need a left side half because we are looking at shifting Flano from 6 to hooker with Lids ?

it probably makes sense we need a a long kicking half of which Sean sullivan does seem to be able to do

we also need a bit more play making and game management at no9

PS the same rumours around Sean Sullivan have also been circulating around re Tesi Niu the left side nugget winger off contact at the Dolphins

Wayne rated him very highly initially

but of a To’o style of a
No to Niu or Sullivan. There is a reason they are in reggies and cant make Dolphins side. They have a journeyman playing 6 for them in 1sts, says enough really.

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
I feel we have a genuine problem with our kicking game and we are no doubt trying to address that

one of the ways I’m looking at our problem with our kicking game is more so can we improve our kicking game right now before June 30 by bringing in another half that can kick long?

even more important a left side half?

can we control the game better with Flano at hooker? He is fit enough and tackles very well.

Also this would allow Flano to change role like Cam Smith did when in close to the opposition try line by shifting to first or second receiver on the left.

Sean Sullivan had a torn pec all last season but prior was playing FG for Wayne.

I’m not saying they are our best options for the future but can we achieve an answer right now

mid season swap and or recruitment if we can free up a spot in the 30 from a player that won’t play FG anyway

Niu can play centre, wing or FB and looks interesting as a low cost top30 player

he could be a dangerous right centre but also dangerous left wing.

played 50 or FG games
Scored 20 tries
Has strong leg drive like To’o