What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

TheRev

First Grade
its the recruiter I'm after, the lack of getting deals done has set us back atleast 12 months... but 1st grade standard 7 is definitely something we want/need.. there is noone coming for many many moons in our system.. it might even be the guy who eventually lets us get Hunt either out or into hooker or 5/8 for that matter.

The Word

Juniors
If only we had gone harder for Tom Dearden. He was simply fabulous on Wed.
"Gone harder" insinuates we didn't go hard enough. From memory at the time he was being offered $800k to re-sign with the cowboys. Apparently we were offering $1M a season to sign him. He decided to stay in North Queensland. What more could we have done?

Initially Cowboys were offering him a 3 year contract (apparently) but soon increased it to 4 or 5 years to match what we offered.

Can you suggest a salary that you think we should have offered?

Gardenia

Juniors
Coaches son plays 5/8 and the R&R son plays 1/2........hmmm. Nepotism? Nah.
So, SOS what are your thoughts ?. I haven’t taken a lot of notice but looked at his stats and they aren’t inspiring. Not many tries in his career. Could he be moulded to a star of the future who we get at a good price ?
He has nothing on Hunt, I’m sorry. I know he’s not popular, but he’s an outstanding player
we also need to replace Lomax with a like for like guess dad could help there

Gardenia

Juniors
"Gone harder" insinuates we didn't go hard enough. From memory at the time he was being offered $800k to re-sign with the cowboys. Apparently we were offering $1M a season to sign him. He decided to stay in North Queensland. What more could we have done?

Initially Cowboys were offering him a 3 year contract (apparently) but soon increased it to 4 or 5 years to match what we offered.

Can you suggest a salary that you think we should have offered?
Maybe he meant we should have dusted off the JetSki or invited him to Flannos for a roast dinner?