What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

justadragon

Bench
More of an FYI post.
Carayannis mentioned on the ABC earlier that Nick Cotric will not be offered a new deal by the Raiders and is a free agent for 2025.
Yeah not sure if we are in need of another winger, with the re-emergence of Feagei and CT plus Finau, Ravalawa young Williams, it also has some thought as to why the raiders are letting him go. But DD, no doubt we will be linked to him like we are to every other player that is coming off contract.

Last edited:
More of an FYI post.
Carayannis mentioned on the ABC earlier that Nick Cotric will not be offered a new deal by the Raiders and is a free agent for 2025.
Bearing in mind that a like-for-like replacement for Lomax is damn near impossible due to his current form, do we consider Cotric?

Been injured for a good chunk of 2023/4 but SOO and Australian rep, 25/26 YO. Perhaps a good gamble but torn regarding our juniors.

Definitely food for thought.

Last edited:

Dragon David

First Grade
This is a player we should have kept 😟
Is there any logical reason why the Dragons didn't lock this Tamale guy up with a better deal?

The Raiders seem to love some of our backs and if Ricky plays Tamale in first grade, this could be the reason why he has jumped ship. I am actually sorry to see this young prospect go. We must have someone better in the system.

TheRev

First Grade
There is no way Tamale is playing first grade at the raiders, I have no idea what carrot they used to coax him... im on the fence with him tbh, I can see the potential because hes still 19 but he has itchy feet, and im far from convinced that his style will work in 1st grade.

News Breaking
More dramas ahead at the Tigers with star pupil and half Galvin wanting OUT of his long term deal along with Prop Stefano who has the crazy clause in his contract re Origin and Semis
Galvin app has been playing with a fractured hand
Both v good pick ups and with the right tuition
Talk was Galvin wanted to join Penrith.
Carayannis on the ABC today said Stefano more than likely will not be at the Tigers in 2025.

There is no way Tamale is playing first grade at the raiders, I have no idea what carrot they used to coax him... im on the fence with him tbh, I can see the potential because hes still 19 but he has itchy feet, and im far from convinced that his style will work in 1st grade.
Sounds like Tamale will be the player to replace Cotric in their squad.
Stuart's plan is to try and sign the better 19 to 20 years old young talent in the NRL for the short term.

justadragon

Bench
News Breaking
More dramas ahead at the Tigers with star pupil and half Galvin wanting OUT of his long term deal along with Prop Stefano who has the crazy clause in his contract re Origin and Semis
Galvin app has been playing with a fractured hand
Both v good pick ups and with the right tuition
Here we go again, Hey guy's I've had a gutful of being at a loser club so I want to go to one that wins. No I have no loyalty or integrity to stay and work hard and turn things around here, just because you developed me means nothing, oh but also I have a dream, I want to win a premiership. I hope Richardson tears this little numb nuts a new one, what is wrong with these players, I feel really sorry for the Tigers, not that we can relate at all can we. !!!

Here we go again, Hey guy's I've had a gutful of being at a loser club so I want to go to one that wins. No I have no loyalty or integrity to stay and work hard and turn things around here, just because you developed me means nothing, oh but also I have a dream, I want to win a premiership. I hope Richardson tears this little numb nuts a new one, what is wrong with these players, I feel really sorry for the Tigers, not that we can relate at all can we. !!!
We certainly know what it is like

We also have experience with other clubs taking advantage of our players feeling that way.

Solution - Have a crack at Galvin and/or Stephano :)

Stefano went MIA on Friday when things got tough, over rated and to have a bullshit clause in his contract like he has, well that is just ridiculous. Just goes to show what the lesser clubs have to do to get anyone, piss poor if you ask me.
True Justa

How many games (or halves) have our entire team gone missing?
The contract is not his fault
Young Book end needs good coach
We got one they don't

Dragon David

First Grade
Not with loyalty and integrity like that, as soon as something went wrong at the Dragons he would want out. I said at the beginning of this season all I want is players who want to be Dragons, not sucking the life out of us.
Exactly. When you have the players who really want to be at the club you know that you can rely on them to give their all. He only signed up for 3 years at the Tigers this year and he wants out? How ridiculous. No loyalty and no patience. Has there been something else behind the scenes to warrant him asking to be released?

Under these uncertain circumstances, which are confounding, he has the opportunity to be great at the Tigers and a partner to Jarome Luai next year. What more can you ask for?

justadragon

Bench
Exactly. When you have the players who really want to be at the club you know that you can rely on them to give their all. He only signed up for 3 years at the Tigers this year and he wants out? How ridiculous. No loyalty and no patience. Has there been something else behind the scenes to warrant him asking to be released?

Under these uncertain circumstances, which are confounding, he has the opportunity to be great at the Tigers and a partner to Jarome Luai next year. What more can you ask for?
Couldn't agree more Dave, to me it doesn't matter what is going on behind the scenes, you signed for 3 years, ITS A CONTRACT !!! What have they had a new caterer at the club, is there not enough hot water for a shower, do the colors not suite his complexion. Really WTF !!