What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

RedVee_8

Juniors
I hate the lack of resilience that has crept in over the last decade. Under Bennett even with 12 players we would have fought tooth and nail to keep out line unblemished.
I acknowledge footy has changed a bit since then but effort and desire remains… surely?

Dragon David

First Grade
I hate the lack of resilience that has crept in over the last decade. Under Bennett even with 12 players we would have fought tooth and nail to keep out line unblemished.
I acknowledge footy has changed a bit since then but effort and desire remains… surely?
Just imagine us having Bennett over the unproductive years of Price and Mary. That is 9 years and during that time, we could have won a couple more premierships. Oh why?

Gareth67

First Grade
There possibly could be many more likely being shown the exit door before the start of the 2023 season - whoa what am I saying - 2023? Still a long way to go for this season to see how things pan out before thinking about next year.
Yes Dave it’s a bit early yet - to begin getting ourselves excited about next year . ☺️ Besides I am sure that our boys will improve upon Thursday’s disastrous outing .

jak

Bench
Yes Dave it’s a bit early yet - to begin getting ourselves excited about next year . ☺️ Besides I am sure that our boys will improve upon Thursday’s disastrous outing .
are you saying there is a chance they can be worse than thursday nights effort.

Last edited:

BLM01

First Grade
Rumour is 2 hsve been told they won't have their contracts renewed, and have been given permission to look elsewhere immediately.
Notice thst both J Hunt and Michael Molo are now on our 'Team' on the website
Id say Poasa & Alvaro?.Might be keen to make a decent pre June 30 signing as would free up some cash..?
We need the other forwards om our list for at least depth

BLM01

First Grade
What I cant fault this year is effort (yes I am including Last Thursdays game)
99% of the game (except for Sharks last try) there was effort from everyone...but individual efforts.
The team is not gelling yet and we need to be heaps better with the ball but that is OK..
while Sloane & Amone are learning where to be etc etc and playing in the premium positions at this level
Noting they have little game time even against men prior to this year

Crush

Coach
It’s not going to matter who we sign or who we let go until we start playing better football. It’s not a personnel problem, it’s coaching, management, leadership.
We have a team capable of playing finals but they aren’t playing well. Their discipline is killing them. They aren’t defending well. Their attack is clunky AF. They have zero confidence.
I’m sorry but Hook just doesn’t seem like an inspirational coach, his press conferences kill me. Talking about how good Cronulla are FFS.

Crush

Coach
What I cant fault this year is effort (yes I am including Last Thursdays game)
99% of the game (except for Sharks last try) there was effort from everyone...but individual efforts.
The team is not gelling yet and we need to be heaps better with the ball but that is OK..
while Sloane & Amone are learning where to be etc etc and playing in the premium positions at this level
Noting they have little game time even against men prior to this year
Sloan and Amone look like their confidence is shot. Need to get back to basics, Sloan has to start running hard when bringing the ball back, 101 stuff.

Gareth67

First Grade
It’s not going to matter who we sign or who we let go until we start playing better football. It’s not a personnel problem, it’s coaching, management, leadership.
We have a team capable of playing finals but they aren’t playing well. Their discipline is killing them. They aren’t defending well. Their attack is clunky AF. They have zero confidence.
I’m sorry but Hook just doesn’t seem like an inspirational coach, his press conferences kill me. Talking about how good Cronulla are FFS.

I believe what the Dragons have been lacking for some time is a true on-field leader . Normally the captain would fill that role , however we require a 2nd body that can help Hunt organise the attack and defense on the go .

Our boys at times look somewhat lost , Hunt is busy doing what he can however we should have the hooker helping in this role .

Perhaps that is the answer that so many have been suggesting for quite some time - move Hunt to hooker allowing him more time to organise the attack bring in Sullivan to half which would serve the team so
much better .

Hook needs to begin thinking along those lines if he wishes to see the players gel into a team , instead of one-out efforts from a group of individuals .

Crush

Coach
I believe what the Dragons have been lacking for some time is a true on-field leader . Normally the captain would fill that role , however we require a 2nd body that can help Hunt organise the attack and defense on the go .

Our boys at times look somewhat lost , Hunt is busy doing what he can however we should have the hooker helping in this role .

Perhaps that is the answer that so many have been suggesting for quite some time - move Hunt to hooker allowing him more time to organise the attack bring in Sullivan to half which would serve the team so
much better .

Hook needs to begin thinking along those lines if he wishes to see the players gel into a team , instead of one-out efforts from a group of individuals .
Not sure we need another 19 year old in the spine.
And the biggest problem with move Hunt to hooker is he doesn’t want to play there, he wants to be the halfback.

qld redvee

Juniors
Not sure we need another 19 year old in the spine.
And the biggest problem with move Hunt to hooker is he doesn’t want to play there, he wants to be the halfback.
We definitely need a second player that can organise attack to take workload off hunt. if that means changes to playbook then hook needs to change , we cant have hunt trying to organise things like thursday giving lawrie the ball for a hit up on tackle 4 or 5 while he hunt is trying to organise the next play. we need options that can take advantage of situations and also give both sides of our attack a chance to show what they have

possm

Coach
I am sorry to say, Hunt is not the halfback or captain the team needs. He might want to play in the 7 number and has improved his game after being appointed captain however, Hunt is not up to the job of halfback/captain.

I'd say it is time to admit that our young guns are not up to it. Bring in some experienced players into the spine and I'd say things will improve. At the same time, the young guns can push for NRL selection through performance in reserve grade.

Griffin needs to look at his coaching staff and decide if a change is necessary. We Recruited depth instead of high-profile payers and yet our NRL team and reserve grade team are both struggling to compete.

Unless the Club wants to let go players prior to June 30 this season, why would they sew discontent by advising players that their contracts would not be extended for next season? Why not wait until the later weeks of the competition to make such bold moves.

To me moral looks to be low and therefore I feel that there has been chatter from those whose future has not been settled. Sims and Bird are two that come to mind.