What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Lindsay Moss

Juniors
Imo we are one of the slowest play-the-ball teams in the comp. Our halves, especially young Amone has almost no room to move or create. The top teams get a roll on nearly every set, whereas we get tackled, stand up then play the ball.

If i yad a negative against young Amone is his defense isnt the strongest, but neither was Sowards, but he had a trusty lieutenant by his side, currently ours seems to not be so trusty.
Do you frop him though? Of course not. He needs time and space, sonething his forwards aren't providing atm.
Agree one loss to a team that played out of their skins and made us come of our line all night and everyone who screamed out to give the young guys a go now want them dropped i think bring in bud he seems to be the key to them.

Reddragon

Bench
IMO Bud is by far the best of the 3 and is a very creative player with solid defence ( for his age ) He just needs experience. Perhaps swap with Amone throughout the year in the starting side or play Hunt at 6 ( as Hook seems very reluctant to move him to 9)
Sullivan needs experience, but more importantly he needs to stay on the field.

slippery5

Juniors
So you have to play reggies to get experience.
But then that doesn't make you an experienced 1st grader!!
So you have to play a certain amount of 1st grade to be experienced 1st grader ?????

Load of croc, if you are better than whats in front of you & can cope physically, you become an experienced 1st grader by playing 1st grade...............

FlameThrower

Bench
I am sorry to say, Hunt is not the halfback or captain the team needs. He might want to play in the 7 number and has improved his game after being appointed captain however, Hunt is not up to the job of halfback/captain.

I'd say it is time to admit that our young guns are not up to it. Bring in some experienced players into the spine and I'd say things will improve. At the same time, the young guns can push for NRL selection through performance in reserve grade.

Griffin needs to look at his coaching staff and decide if a change is necessary. We Recruited depth instead of high-profile payers and yet our NRL team and reserve grade team are both struggling to compete.

Unless the Club wants to let go players prior to June 30 this season, why would they sew discontent by advising players that their contracts would not be extended for next season? Why not wait until the later weeks of the competition to make such bold moves.

To me moral looks to be low and therefore I feel that there has been chatter from those whose future has not been settled. Sims and Bird are two that come to mind.
If moral is low now then wait till we’re up against the Eels/ Storm / Roosters and South’s all lining up to smash us in the coming weeks..

Mojo

Bench
Cheer up folks. Imagine, just for a second, that we actually gel as a team, play excellent footy and beat Eels, Storm, Roosters and Souths. We're supposed to be supporters. Some of these threads remind me of the paranoid android bewailing his humiliating existence. Who says morale is low? The young guys were megastars a couple of weeks ago. Sloane was apparently gliding across the grass like a gazelle, destined for glory. One loss in the pissing rain and suddenly we're a bunch of dispirited no hopers apparently. C'mon, all together now: Oh when the Saints .....

Dragon David

First Grade
Just thinking that while Hunt is still playing good footy, we need a complete change in the halfback position. I think nowadays he would be much better suited as the hooker in the side.

The sooner they can get Sullivan fit and healthy to play 80 minutes of footy the better. He has had hamstring problems for sometime now and the long layoff is needed to make sure that this injury is finally fixed (like Tommy Turbo and his hamstrings - takes a long time to heal properly).

I've read comments by Michael Ennis about Luke Brooks needing to leave the Tigers and for them to put in a fresh face just like Cronulla pushing out Shaun Johnson and replacing him with Nicho Hynes.

Sullivan is a very good reader of general play, has a kicking game and can kick goals. He is good at darting through gaps and he is the type of player who can change the course of our game for the better. I know many here have said that having the 3 in the side might not be a good thing because they are green, but they have had good exposure and are aware of each others work on the pitch and would benefit with their already "established" combination in the junior competitions. They bleed the red and white more than some of the outsiders who are at the club.

All 3 have been re-signed I think to the end of 2024 which is good so I think that one day in the not too distant future the 3 will be combining again in first grade - can't wait.

Saint Benny

Juniors
Johnny Warren visited our local park in Green Valley in mid-late 60s. All the kids were talking about it. We were a backwater and no one gave a shit about us... and vice versa. As a 7-year-old, I didn't know who Johnny Warren was, but I later learned he was the best known soccer player in the country, and he played for St George.
The next week we all playing soccer in the streets, in addition to Rugby League and cricket.
Then we got funding for a community centre. It was a big deal at the time.
IMO, sports people reaching out actually does make a difference.
was that Whitlam Park?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
was that Whitlam Park?
No. Whitlam Park was after my time there. Yes, I was alive before Gough became PM.
The park I recall was way down at the Sadleir end near Cabramatta Creek. Looks like there's a cricket pitch and reserve there now.
We used to play League at Wheat Park. Rough ground in those days.

Rocket Rod

Juniors
Just goes to show how stupid and probably jealous the cops are. All these groupies that love hanging around footballers do is whinge and lie to the cops about anything and everything cause they have their feelings hurt after being dumped after sex. Same for the NRL. His career has been stalled for 2 years. I reckon there is nothing to see in the GB case as well.

Belta

Juniors
Just goes to show how stupid and probably jealous the cops are. All these groupies that love hanging around footballers do is whinge and lie to the cops about anything and everything cause they have their feelings hurt after being dumped after sex. Same for the NRL. His career has been stalled for 2 years. I reckon there is nothing to see in the GB case as well.

Could this be the dumbest comment ever made on the forum?

Stupid and jealous cops?

If a female you knew claimed to be raped? Would you like the cops to say well it’s one word against the other, sorry don’t let the door hit you on the way out? I hope your answer to that would be no.