What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Rocket Rod

Juniors
Where is the justice in that? Goes to show that there are many times that you should tell the woman to go elsewhere. Although nowadays, they can just cry wolf and say that he "touched" me as a form of retaliation of being rejected. Get what I'm saying?!!
Exactly!
I’m glad someone is on my wavelength on this

slippery5

Juniors
Thanks for jogging my memory slippery. I reckon I was 10-years-old when I went into the pipes aka 'tunnels'.

You could walk in some pipes if you hunched over. Once we got as far as the famous 'sixes' where six big storm water pipes met in the one place. I remember there were plenty of rats at the sixes. It was a good distance from Cabramatta Creek. We only had candles and a box of matches. Bloody dangerous, I don't remember any of us checking the weather forecast.

On another day, I swear we saw 'something' up there. Me and I my two young mates were about 50 yards in and we saw two red shiny things about 10 feet in front of us... it was bloody dark with only candle light to guide us, so we weren't sure. We stopped, and focussed... they were the shape of eyes. Then... one of our candles went out! Next moment there are three boys running for their lives to get out of the tunnel. lol

Of course by the time we got home the 'eyes' got larger and the 'creature' got bigger... and we reckoned it was growling. Plus the candle didn't just go out - it had been blown out by some mysterious wind.
The discussion had a mixture of humour, terror and excitement.

We had plans to go back up with sharp sticks (spears) and a blow torch (to use as a flame thrower of course)... but we never went in again.

It was probably some poor lost puppy, or cat... or just the overactive imagination of kids. But we three young boys remained friends well into our adult years and still spoke about it with fond memories.
WTF are you sure my brother wasn't one of your mates LOL because I just remember them running for their lives after seeing/hearing something, & leaving me to fend for myself.
Lucky I was a bit smaller & could stand up in some of those pipes, so I was right on there heels.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
WTF are you sure my brother wasn't one of your mates LOL because I just remember them running for their lives after seeing/hearing something, & leaving me to fend for myself.
Lucky I was a bit smaller & could stand up in some of those pipes, so I was right on there heels.
Oh, so you were that kid we left behind? Lol. Sounds like a story that crossed boundaries.

Old Timer

Coach
At Saints LC years ago we used to play "knock backs", if you asked a girl for a dance and got a knock back the boys had to buy you a drink!
In 1976 this young 19 year old said yes to a dance and we are still very happied married. How's that.
CC
Good luck to you and your lovely bride CC

Re knock backs we did something similar back in 72 and with a caveat that if we thought he would get a knock back and didn't we had to buy him a round of drinks

I was more than happy to drink schooners at my friends expense as I always thought the TAJ a bit of a tough gig.

Now the Seabreaze, Lousy Les's and Shannies was a totally different scenario as I think people went there for very different reasons.

mightydragon

Juniors
Landa Park rings a bell but we're talking about over 50 years ago. Just down from the road from Ashcroft High. Looks quite different nowadays. Back then the parks were more like paddocks
That's the one. It is Edwin Wheeler Reserve now and has been for years. It was Landa Park when I played there 35 years ago. They don't play league there now; it is used for soccer and cricket. Stanwell Oval is soccer now too.

Coffs dragon

Bench

Re knock backs we did something similar back in 72 and with a caveat that if we thought he would get a knock back and didn't we had to buy him a round of drinks

I was more than happy to drink schooners at my friends expense as I always thought the TAJ a bit of a tough gig.

Now the Seabreaze, Lousy Les's and Shannies was a totally different scenario as I think people went there for very different reasons.
Ah the old Seabreeze pub use to be my regular in the 70’s and many memories of knock backs, but lot’s of fun.
My mates and I never seemed to make it past 1st base!

The trouble these days with some of the footballers is they want to land all bases in 1 night via the front door, back door & side door.
We use to settle for a dance, drink & a phone number if lucky!

Dragon David

First Grade
Just over Covid, see you in June pal.
CC
Good that you are over this insidious and worldwide virus CC, the blasted thing. One of my sons has just contracted it and the family is now isolating - we are all fully vaccinated. This virus is a monster of big proportions and it looks like we all have just got to get used to it folks as I think it is here to stay. Wearing of masks and sanitising still warranted so keep safe everyone.

Reactions: Yow

BBTB

Juniors

Yes remember those pubs well.Also hung out the Benalong"Beverley hills.
And the Peakhurst Inn.
Great memories from the late
60's & 70's. Games of snooker Sunday mornings at the Penshurst RSL.

Reactions: jak

Belta

Juniors
Sorry belta but the police seem to jump the gun imo too often. All we here about is high profile cases but it happens all the time. If a girl hangs around a bunch of footballers ( who should know better cause they are targets) drinking and snorting cocaine all day into the night then sex then thanks very much then the feeling of rejection by girl and remorse then revenge!
Mate the cops are dumb they love pinning targets and acting too prematurely.
Wake up to yourself

I most likely won’t change your opinions and that’s okay.

I don’t agree because I see it as; the cops investigate, the courts adjudicate. I imagine sometimes it’s clear cut other times the courts try for some form of outcome that is fair the available evidence presented and some cases maybe easily turned away and others not so. Personally I’m more critical of the media exposure that’s driven by a technology crazed world. I sometimes think with every advancement in technology we get these positive outcomes but there is a cost. Myself I do feel sorry for youngsters, not because of stupid jealous cops though. And being honest, although I wasn’t violent I was definitely the pissed idiot, which I’d always regret but never learnt from. The world isn’t what was, I feel sorry for the young people, because of the scrutiny they face they need to be much more aware.

Old Timer

Coach
Yes remember those pubs well.Also hung out the Benalong"Beverley hills.
And the Peakhurst Inn.
Great memories from the late
60's & 70's. Games of snooker Sunday mornings at the Penshurst RSL.
St George Budapest Soccer Club
Mens smoko luncheon chicken & prawns with Johnny Garfield, Frances Shaw & Freddy Bamburger providing the not so politically correct entertainment

BBTB

Juniors
St George Budapest Soccer Club
Mens smoko luncheon chicken & prawns with Johnny Garfield, Frances Shaw & Freddy Bamburger providing the not so politically correct entertainment
Stgeorge Budapest soccer Club😋🍻 great place. Lunched there on many times in the early part of the 70's.Used to own the a Milk Run other side of the Railway track at Penshurst.The side with all the hills.🙄

brissiedragon

Juniors
Seabreeze is where
Ah the old Seabreeze pub use to be my regular in the 70’s and many memories of knock backs, but lot’s of fun.
My mates and I never seemed to make it past 1st base!

The trouble these days with some of the footballers is they want to land all bases in 1 night via the front door, back door & side door.
We use to settle for a dance, drink & a phone number if lucky!
Seabreeze is where I met my missus

Dragon David

First Grade
I'm seeing many of the other clubs are looking at this player and that player etc. For example, the Storm are keeping a watch on young 20 year old Joe Chan who is a second rower for the Catalan Dragons. He looks the goods. His father, Alex was a Storm player in 2004-2005 so it could be a like father like son scenario for the Chan's at the Storm one day.

There have not been any transfer whispers coming through for the Dragons - there was that little bit on Cronulla's Nikora but that has quietened down somewhat. We need to start "looking" at players ourselves for 2023 and onwards. Many of our current squad could be cast out so that much better replacements are recruited.

Latest posts