What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Dragon David

First Grade
Just goes to show how stupid and probably jealous the cops are. All these groupies that love hanging around footballers do is whinge and lie to the cops about anything and everything cause they have their feelings hurt after being dumped after sex. Same for the NRL. His career has been stalled for 2 years. I reckon there is nothing to see in the GB case as well.
I don't know about you guys, but how many times when you were young and free and easy did you go to a pub, club, holiday resort, whatever and you cottoned onto a woman, have a dance, kiss and cuddle and whacko its on for young and old so to speak. A lot of people meet this way and become partners, husband and wife. I know during my younger years that I always wanted to go out with my mates where there were females around - it's normal. You win some and you lose some as the saying goes. I always knew that if I wasn't getting the right vibes then that was it.

Guys that are in the limelight are like us normal blokes. They are respectful in a majority of cases particularly as they would be educated to be this way when in public and if opportunities come their way and the vibes are right they too have some romance. However, we have seen that things can go horribly wrong and some guys have been targeted and the stories go on. Careers and lives are put into jeopardy. It doesn't take much for things to go wrong such as in the way Rocket Rod has put it.

Dragon David

First Grade
Just goes to show how stupid and probably jealous the cops are. All these groupies that love hanging around footballers do is whinge and lie to the cops about anything and everything cause they have their feelings hurt after being dumped after sex. Same for the NRL. His career has been stalled for 2 years. I reckon there is nothing to see in the GB case as well.

By the way, I don't agree with the part about the cops being jealous.

Como Connection

First Grade
I don't know about you guys, but how many times when you were young and free and easy did you go to a pub, club, holiday resort, whatever and you cottoned onto a woman, have a dance, kiss and cuddle and whacko its on for young and old so to speak. A lot of people meet this way and become partners, husband and wife. I know during my younger years that I always wanted to go out with my mates where there were females around - it's normal. You win some and you lose some as the saying goes. I always knew that if I wasn't getting the right vibes then that was it.

Guys that are in the limelight are like us normal blokes. They are respectful in a majority of cases particularly as they would be educated to be this way when in public and if opportunities come their way and the vibes are right they too have some romance. However, we have seen that things can go horribly wrong and some guys have been targeted and the stories go on. Careers and lives are put into jeopardy. It doesn't take much for things to go wrong such as in the way Rocket Rod has put it.
At Saints LC years ago we used to play "knock backs", if you asked a girl for a dance and got a knock back the boys had to buy you a drink!
In 1976 this young 19 year old said yes to a dance and we are still very happied married. How's that.
CC

Dragon David

First Grade
At Saints LC years ago we used to play "knock backs", if you asked a girl for a dance and got a knock back the boys had to buy you a drink!
In 1976 this young 19 year old said yes to a dance and we are still very happied married. How's that.
CC
Beautiful CC that you are still happily married. Knock backs happen a lot but it is all for fun.

mightydragon

Juniors
No. Whitlam Park was after my time there. Yes, I was alive before Gough became PM.
The park I recall was way down at the Sadleir end near Cabramatta Creek. Looks like there's a cricket pitch and reserve there now.
We used to play League at Wheat Park. Rough ground in those days.
Edwin Wheeler reserve formerly known as Landa Park?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Edwin Wheeler reserve formerly known as Landa Park?
Landa Park rings a bell but we're talking about over 50 years ago. Just down from the road from Ashcroft High. Looks quite different nowadays. Back then the parks were more like paddocks

Rocket Rod

Juniors
Sorry belta but the police seem to jump the gun imo too often. All we here about is high profile cases but it happens all the time. If a girl hangs around a bunch of footballers ( who should know better cause they are targets) drinking and snorting cocaine all day into the night then sex then thanks very much then the feeling of rejection by girl and remorse then revenge!
Mate the cops are dumb they love pinning targets and acting too prematurely.
Wake up to yourself

slippery5

Juniors
Landa Park rings a bell but we're talking about over 50 years ago. Just down from the road from Ashcroft High. Looks quite different nowadays. Back the parks were more like paddocks
I remember my brother & his friend taking me on a storm water drain adventure crawling up pipes through Ashcroft when I was about 7-9yrs.
Still haunts me to this day but only confirms how brainless my brother is.....

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I remember my brother & his friend taking me on a storm water drain adventure crawling up pipes through Ashcroft when I was about 7-9yrs.
Still haunts me to this day but only confirms how brainless my brother is.....
Thanks for jogging my memory slippery. I reckon I was 10-years-old when I went into the pipes aka 'tunnels'.

You could walk in some pipes if you hunched over. Once we got as far as the famous 'sixes' where six big storm water pipes met in the one place. I remember there were plenty of rats at the sixes. It was a good distance from Cabramatta Creek. We only had candles and a box of matches. Bloody dangerous, I don't remember any of us checking the weather forecast.

On another day, I swear we saw 'something' up there. Me and I my two young mates were about 50 yards in and we saw two red shiny things about 10 feet in front of us... it was bloody dark with only candle light to guide us, so we weren't sure. We stopped, and focussed... they were the shape of eyes. Then... one of our candles went out! Next moment there are three boys running for their lives to get out of the tunnel. lol

Of course by the time we got home the 'eyes' got larger and the 'creature' got bigger... and we reckoned it was growling. Plus the candle didn't just go out - it had been blown out by some mysterious wind.
The discussion had a mixture of humour, terror and excitement.

We had plans to go back up with sharp sticks (spears) and a blow torch (to use as a flame thrower of course)... but we never went in again.

It was probably some poor lost puppy, or cat... or just the overactive imagination of kids. But we three young boys remained friends well into our adult years and still spoke about it with fond memories.

denis preston

First Grade
Sorry belta but the police seem to jump the gun imo too often. All we here about is high profile cases but it happens all the time. If a girl hangs around a bunch of footballers ( who should know better cause they are targets) drinking and snorting cocaine all day into the night then sex then thanks very much then the feeling of rejection by girl and remorse then revenge!
Mate the cops are dumb they love pinning targets and acting too prematurely.
Wake up to yourself
Sorry Rocket but in this day & age the Police have to act on any complaint particularly sexual assault related. It is not about "jumping the gun " it is about protocol. Imagine if they didn't act on it and told the girl to go home , the lawyers would have a field day. The police charge , sure but leave it to the courts to decide.

Rocket Rod

Juniors
Sorry Rocket but in this day & age the Police have to act on any complaint particularly sexual assault related. It is not about "jumping the gun " it is about protocol. Imagine if they didn't act on it and told the girl to go home , the lawyers would have a field day. The police charge , sure but leave it to the courts to decide.
I agree that they have to act on these complaints although I don’t know that they do enough due diligence prior to charging. The way the evidence came out in this case is obvious that it was open and shut for the defendant hence the 2 hour jury verdict . And in the meantime his career has been halted as a consequence for nearly 2 years.

Dragon David

First Grade
I agree that they have to act on these complaints although I don’t know that they do enough due diligence prior to charging. The way the evidence came out in this case is obvious that it was open and shut for the defendant hence the 2 hour jury verdict . And in the meantime his career has been halted as a consequence for nearly 2 years.
Where is the justice in that? Goes to show that there are many times that you should tell the woman to go elsewhere. Although nowadays, they can just cry wolf and say that he "touched" me as a form of retaliation of being rejected. Get what I'm saying?!!